Confuse the Newbs

SuperWeegee4000

You know how SAS is what makes your ships turn. Well when you launch a ship, the SAS is disabled. You can press T to toggle it. A blue light will appear behind the SAS icon by your navball. If you don't do this your ship can't turn. The reason it is inactive when you launch is that your ship will always point straight up when it is inactive, so leave it off when you launch until you want to start turning.

When building cargo space-planes, concentrate hard on aesthetics. Ignore all logic & common sense, and don't worry - the better it looks the better it flies! Trust me, I'm a doctor*! 8-]

* not really a doctor.

This is because all space planes are judged on their looks by a panel of kerbals before launch. If a plane scores highly, the pilot's ego will become inflated, increasing the buoyancy of the spacecraft and making it easier to launch.

If your rocket can't SSTO to orbit, you're OBVIOUSLY doing something wrong. Rebuild the rocket and make it SSTO.

Monopropellant is WAY more efficient than liquid fuel! So use your liquid fuel engines such as Mainsails with Monopropellant, they'll be 50% more efficient. If the engine doesn't run with Monopropellant, then your game has a virus and MUST be reinstalled.

Don't send your kerbals into interplanetary space without Cryopods, they're in the "Sci-Fi" tab in the parts menu. If it doesn't appear, make sure you have the "Interplanetary Edition" DLC bought and installed on your game. If you send your kerbals without Cryopods, they'll die of boredom.

This is because all space planes are judged on their looks by a panel of kerbals before launch. If a plane scores highly, the pilot's ego will become inflated, increasing the buoyancy of the spacecraft and making it easier to launch.

I don't see anything wrong with this statement...

Don't use SAS, it's really a sort of autopilot. You should learn how to keep your ship pointed manually before earning the right to have your ship pointed for you.

That's actually relevant. Or, it was, back in like .20 or something when SAS was a rock-solid grip of God on your ship. :D

Well, now, don't forget: if you get close enough to the Sun's surface, you get an achivement!

(The achivement of BOOM! :evilgrin: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't find a KSP Forum thread to help you with the issue you're having? Look deeper; there probably is one, but it might be very old.

In that case, post your questions in the oldest suitable thread you can find. This helps keep the forums balanced by recycling old threads to the first page.

If you absolutely must create a new thread, try to give it a cryptic name, and put it in "The Science Labs". That way you will receive help from the

best brains of the forum.

This is a game where we attempt to throw off players who are new to Kerbal Space Program. You can be confusing, ironic, or you can flat-out lie. Just say things that will confuse the newbs to no end! I'll start.

OX-STAT panels are much better than 1x6 or 2x3 panels. RTGs are useless.

I dont know how to post stuff can you help me? XD

I dont know how to post stuff can you help me? XD

I don't know what you're talking about. You just posted!

On Topic: Select whatever you picked at the beginning in the VAB/SPH and hit 'w' twice. Then, click launch. It's a cheat that allows you to start in an 80x80km orbit. It doesn't always work, but works most often in Career hardmode.

Whatever you do, DO NOT land on the bluish, flat areas on Minmus that look like frozen-over lakes, because the ice is barely thick enough to support a Kerbal. Also, NEVER listen to anything Scott Manley or the KSP Wiki says. No good players use either of those sources for information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.