[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

at the moment, it works fine for 1.0.4

Yeah I see that it works fine :). Makes me very happy!! This mod it the #1 must have mod for my install. Way better then anything I have seen of it's kind. BTW I loved the video "To mimus and back all IVA"

Alcor, the IVA (RPM), and all of ASET's gear is a must-have in my books. I am thoroughly spoiled now, and if it had integration with Interstellar's Albucurrie warp drive components, I would be heaven (note, I can actually fly the albucurrie warp drive better in IVA mode using RPM and/or ASET's command can, rather than doing it in the map mode....in target mode, it allows me to see how many Gm's to target, when I will hit capture and escape times (to the second), so it leaves very little for me to do.

Cheers! - and those legs are my standard lander legs now :).

p.s. the ERS rover (coupled with kerbal foundrie's tracks) is the best way to move around....i actually made a blimp using the front (driving) compartment (the ERS cockpit)....so many possibilities........

Edited by Gaultesian

Too...... Many....... Buttons......

Send help please

Yes, there are quite a few buttons & switches. :cool: Many of them have no function other than being able to be operated. Others only have a function if you have a particular mod, (like Mech Jeb or Scansat). The ones to the left of the pilot are for Mech Jeb. Some buttons are programmable and will operate your action groups. In the VAB or SPH, in the vehicle's description window type "AG1=Solar Panels" (no quotes) and voila, upon launch the first action group button will be labeled "Solar Panels". "Put each AG#=" on a new line in the description box.

With practice, you'll learn all the important buttons. And Wait until you get deep in the different RPM screens that Alex has customized. HUGE AMOUNTS of information that all make the IVA most enjoyable. I particularly enjoy performing ALL-IVA missions from Launch to Splashdown (except for any surface sample collection, or space walks to attach struts, etc) I made a couple of

of really fun IVA missions. Edited by nukeboyt

Just a heads up on the RPM update that just went out.

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Changes-in-this-version

Breaking Changes

• JSIHeadsUpDisplay has been completely rewritten. Existing HUD configs written by other authors will have to be updated to the new format, or the HUD will only partially work. One benefit of the change is that the "black HUD textures in OpenGL" bug is dead.
  • JSIPrimaryFlightDisplay has been completely rewritten, as well. Existing PFD (navball) configs will need to be updated, or you won't see much of anything. Static Overlay textures have changed, as well (they now should be sized to match the size of the screen).

This mod needs to be updated it no longer works with RPM :(

I see that alexustas has a Mk2 command pod IVA being worked on:

It has got to the point that I actually can't play KSP until I have one of Alexustas IVAs. I can't even fly using the external view any more and wouldn't want to.

Dude, can you tell me when you are releasing the Mk2 pod IVA? I would be more than happy to have it in its current state.

The only thing that seems to be broken for ALCOR is the navball. Admittedly this is a pretty important instrument.

I put together a quick patch so the pod is useable. I just replaced the ALCOR navball with the standard navball that comes with Rasterprop. It isn't as pretty as Alexusta's work, but it allows you to do full IVA missions.

Patch here, just dump it in gamedata as usual and overwrite.

Edited by Ralathon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.