[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

0.9.2.3 update

External:

- Nodes fixed

- Attribute maxTemp changed

- Changed the textures of the external model

- Reduced Reaction Wheel Torque

- Dry weight of the pod has been increased to 1800 kg

- Added separate MM-patch to support plug-in "Reflection". Now you can make ALCOR even more beautiful by adding reflections on the windows and other elements.

New in ALCOR IVA:

- Added SAS control modes

- Changed layout of the middle (pilot's) panel

- Completely redesigned layout of the the panel of flight engineer

- Refined cabin interior, added a few new props

- materials has been optimised

- All devices and tools now require electricity to operate. Without electricity cabin becomes entirely "Cold and Dark"!

- Changed work logic of many indicators

- Added indicator "MASTER ALARM "

- Instead of a single indicator "RCS" now has two indicators: "RCS ARMED" and "RCS ACTIVE"

- Added gauges for all stock kinds of resources: LF, Oxodizer, Solid, Monopropellant, Xenon Gas

MFD:

- New main font for all MFD

- Finalized the design of MFD pages

- Added support for DPAI plug

slguYzm.png

pG1mdGa.png

3N48ncG.png

4M3CjYZ.png

rMwI9QG.png

Edited by alexustas

i have an historic massive FPS drop in the IVA view that didn't happened in previous .8 versions. Also, while i appretiate it for the sake of realism, i would like to still have the panel telling me what mods does the ALCOR recognizes, since it also tells me what mods the capsule is compatible with.

i have an historic massive FPS drop in the IVA view that didn't happened in previous .8 versions. Also, while i appretiate it for the sake of realism, i would like to still have the panel telling me what mods does the ALCOR recognizes, since it also tells me what mods the capsule is compatible with.

Are you running the newest version of RPM for 1.0.2? I admit I installed this after converting my install to 64bit using WWEdeadman's work around. Runs smooth as butter.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround

Are you running the newest version of RPM for 1.0.2? I admit I installed this after converting my install to 64bit using WWEdeadman's work around. Runs smooth as butter.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround

Yes, but i am not gonna use 64x due to compatibility issues with my mods. Is this an RPM problem or ALCOR problem?

Yes, but i am not gonna use 64x due to compatibility issues with my mods. Is this an RPM problem or ALCOR problem?

What are your system specs? And did you try this without rpm and the IVA patch / props yet?

What are your system specs? And did you try this without rpm and the IVA patch / props yet?

Honestly no, i didn't try it without the RPM/IVA patch nor props, however, i highly doubt its JUST RPM since it hasn't happened to any other ship using the MFD's. So i supposed it was an ALCOR only problem since the FPS went worse the more the right side of the interior went into view (and the more the interior got into one single view)

Sounds like a graphics limitation. If the fps is affected by what you are looking at, then that sounds like you may be stressing the capabilities of your computer. The inside of the ALCOR is a very detailed model. Are you using onboard graphics or a video card?

Sounds like a graphics limitation. If the fps is affected by what you are looking at, then that sounds like you may be stressing the capabilities of your computer. The inside of the ALCOR is a very detailed model. Are you using onboard graphics or a video card?

ATI 6950 and an intel i5..... a low end gaming computer and a terrible monitor that allows me to render most high end stuff, so i doubt its my computer.

ATI 6950 and an intel i5..... a low end gaming computer and a terrible monitor that allows me to render most high end stuff, so i doubt its my computer.

I agree I doubt it's the computer, and the i5 is a good chip for KSP. Hey RPM just released an update like 5 minutes ago? Try that? Also something that helped me was increasing my page file size and running in OpenGL with popup window.

I agree I doubt it's the computer, and the i5 is a good chip for KSP. Hey RPM just released an update like 5 minutes ago? Try that? Also something that helped me was increasing my page file size and running in OpenGL with popup window.

Yeah, i dont think RPM is not part of the problem, if i get into the Mk2 cockpit and quickly put Scansat global map into all the MFD's my FPS obviously will go below 5. However, that's because there are nearly 10 displays trying to render a map of kerbin at the same time. ALCOR has nearly the same FPS with just 4 idle screens. Then again, most of the FPS drop happens when i look to the right side from the pilots seat. Into the scientist one.

I'm playing around with the ALCOR pod and I can't seem to turn down the brightness. Even in the middle of the night with all lights out, the cockpit is bright as the noon day. This occurs in either regular or OpenGL mode. Any ideas on how to get the darker look seen in the ALCOR cockpit screenshots on page 1?

Has the IVA been checked at different screen resolutions?

I am running 1920x1200 and the MFD does not render correctly. The button graphics are blurred and the text lines do not display as normal words but as garbled random characters.

MFDs in other capsules look fine.

I'm playing around with the ALCOR pod and I can't seem to turn down the brightness. Even in the middle of the night with all lights out, the cockpit is bright as the noon day. This occurs in either regular or OpenGL mode. Any ideas on how to get the darker look seen in the ALCOR cockpit screenshots on page 1?

Have you tried the light switches? :wink:

These from the pilot's seat looking upper left-center

AX4MMIs.png

And these from the Engineer's Console below the MFD

uLJ88PX.jpg

Edited by nukeboyt

@Movado

It also could be another light source thats leaking inside, like an old bug involving slapping Mechjeb AR202 case onto the side of the Pod or a retractable ladder stored under the exit door

You should test this in Sandbox mode, use only the ALCOR pod and slap on 2 RCS thrusters, infinte RCS fuel and going off planet, perferably on the night side, as the launchpad sometimes provide illuminaton?, Quicker if using HyperEdit.

If MechJeb is the case, and you can not go withouth MJ, you could use a Embeddded config, which automaticlly equips any ALCOR pods with their own MechJeb, lowers the part count t

@Alluvia Good chances that the Module Manager is the culprit in your case, remove JSI and module manager and get the latest file, at time of writing its RasterPropMonitor.0.19.2.1 as even apparently there can be multiple variants of the same named Module Manager dll from different sources

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.