[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

@Movado

It also could be another light source thats leaking inside, like an old bug involving slapping Mechjeb AR202 case onto the side of the Pod or a retractable ladder stored under the exit door

You should test this in Sandbox mode, use only the ALCOR pod and slap on 2 RCS thrusters, infinte RCS fuel and going off planet, perferably on the night side, as the launchpad sometimes provide illuminaton?, Quicker if using HyperEdit.

That worked! Here's how it looks for me in 4K resolution. You can read the numbers on the pilot's display from the rear seat!

Awesome! I just noticed the seat has a name tag on the back that corresponds to the kerbal in the command seat. The attention to detail in this mod is just phenomenal.

Where is that landing gear from on the front page

The Dev has several other mods, One of them is called KONQUEST. It's still unreleased. They look like they are from there. Check out Alexustas' YouTube page.

Where is that landing gear from on the front page

this landing legs has been designed for "Konquest", but I found it quite suitable for small Landers

- - - Updated - - -

Has the IVA been checked at different screen resolutions?

I am running 1920x1200 and the MFD does not render correctly. The button graphics are blurred and the text lines do not display as normal words but as garbled random characters.

MFDs in other capsules look fine.

please show screenshots, a list of mods and game settings. perhaps this is a compatibility problem with some mods that optimizing textures

- - - Updated - - -

I'm playing around with the ALCOR pod and I can't seem to turn down the brightness. Even in the middle of the night with all lights out, the cockpit is bright as the noon day. This occurs in either regular or OpenGL mode. Any ideas on how to get the darker look seen in the ALCOR cockpit screenshots on page 1?

This issue has been discussed earlier somewhere in this thread. seems like lamps, installed on your craft, are not properly configured in Unity and the lighting through the walls. Also, note that spotlight at the launch site also ignores the wall of the capsule.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i dont think RPM is not part of the problem, if i get into the Mk2 cockpit and quickly put Scansat global map into all the MFD's my FPS obviously will go below 5. However, that's because there are nearly 10 displays trying to render a map of kerbin at the same time. ALCOR has nearly the same FPS with just 4 idle screens. Then again, most of the FPS drop happens when i look to the right side from the pilots seat. Into the scientist one.

My specifications - i7 3770K-4.5 Ghz, weak GTX570 running Win7 x64. I always have a lot of heavy programs running in backgrounds, but I do not caught such a serious lag.

alone capsule on the launch pad, all monitors in "standby". performance is about 50-60 fps.

xGNIvbZ.png

rh4duFP.png

on complex crafts up to 150+ parts I have seen a marked FPS decrease, 25-30, and some lags. also VV strongly eats FPS.

As dramatic FPS drop as you have had, usually observed when the continuous error "NullReferenceException ..." spamming. Please click the "Debug Toolbar" (ALT + F12) and look tab "Debug"

EDIT : Any chance of it getting onto CKAN?

Now ALCOR is on the pre-release stage, and if no serious problems will be found in the near future , I will make an official release "ALCOR 1.0" and then I will convert textures in DXT and run CKAN support

O Man them landing legs look great as all your work does and by any chance are you release the Mk1-2Pod IVA that you posted some time back :) ?

EDIT - I 2nd Virtualgenius them landing legs would be great :)

Edited by Mecripp2

Is there any chance those landing legs would be released early I know people would love them

People like me, for instance. Those lander legs are spectacular, Alex!

Has the IVA been checked at different screen resolutions?

I am running 1920x1200 and the MFD does not render correctly. The button graphics are blurred and the text lines do not display as normal words but as garbled random characters.

MFDs in other capsules look fine.

@Alluvia Could also be the Active Texture Management, go GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs and remove the ASET.cfg, and maybe remove GameData\ActiveTextureManagement\textureCache\ASET

Really dig the tweaks in the newest release. The control panel layout is much improved (and I didn't even know it could be!) and the little dashes of flavor and additions to the RPM screens (the context specific information popping up across screens isnt just useful for flying its just a cool touch that makes the lander feel even more alive) are really handy. ALCOR remains the most immersive and well designed pod out there, thanks for all the hard work that effort really shows!

Just wanted to say this mod has been essential to how I play the game, I am very pleased with the recent version, and since I never see any pictures anywhere of this great mod in action. Here are some of mine from parts of my mun and minmus missions using the lander, I have flown many places IVA only in this lander and with all the data at hand in the cockpit, it is very easy to do.

http://imgur.com/a/E9NBk#0

People like me, for instance. Those lander legs are spectacular, Alex!

I’ll be glad to share the langing legs right now but the main problem is that they are the part of the Konquest pack which use the texture sharing (for the purposes of the reducing memory usage) for it’s parts. That means that this legs doesn’t have their one texture - they only use pieces of the textures of the other modules of Konquest. That means that you’ll need to install the whole texture pack (and most of the textures are very big) just to use that one leg. I’ll need to retexture this part to make it able to be used separately.

I’ll be glad to share the langing legs right now but the main problem is that they are the part of the Konquest pack which use the texture sharing (for the purposes of the reducing memory usage) for it’s parts. That means that this legs doesn’t have their one texture - they only use pieces of the textures of the other modules of Konquest. That means that you’ll need to install the whole texture pack (and most of the textures are very big) just to use that one leg. I’ll need to retexture this part to make it able to be used separately.

I think the simple solution then would be to just release Konquest ;)

I’m interested in the opinion of the ALCOR users.

Should I develop the descent/ascent stage for the ALCOR lander? I mean the pack of the fuel tanks, engines and so on.

Yes, but only after the first release of KONQUEST:sticktongue:

Should I develop the descent/ascent stage for the ALCOR lander? I mean the pack of the fuel tanks, engines and so on.

I would love to see what you could do with that. Absolutely yes please make the components for an ALCOR lander. That would be an amazing thing to behold. I think instead of making the landing legs from Konquest work for this making proper ALCOR landing legs is the way to go. I think an ALCOR lander would intergrate and mesh beautifully with konquest. You could make ALCOR lander components for planets. For example a Duna Ascent Vehicle would be necessary for a Konquest colony. So if you make Duna lander that would be amazing. Finally of course a standard Mun Lander would be great too. I think the potential for ALCOR lander parts is enormous.

Interested.

Up to you, but I see it as a low-priority. There are countless fuel tank/engines mods around, there's very few command pod/colonisation/rover mods.

Yes but these are Alexustas parts. There are mods and then there are Alexustas parts so I wouldn't dismiss the potential of lander parts so nonchalantly when it comes to Alexustas.

Up to you, but I see it as a low-priority. There are countless fuel tank/engines mods around, there's very few command pod/colonisation/rover mods.

This.

Yes but these are Alexustas parts. There are mods and then there are Alexustas parts so I wouldn't dismiss the potential of lander parts so nonchalantly when it comes to Alexustas.

Agreed, but Alexustas is not possessed of unlimited time. Given the choice of getting the ALCOR ascent/descent or KONQUEST, I'll bodge something together for ALCOR and take KONQUEST without reservation.

Edited by johnsonwax

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.