[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Ok! :)

After numerous requests, I redid a bit UV-mapping for using only one small texture. and now I can publish this item separately from the whole "Konquest" pack

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4vabmot7cw7jbr/ASET_LandingLegs.zip?dl=0

http://i.imgur.com/OzvHuE0h.png

http://i.imgur.com/6DPPhJih.png

Thank you very much.

I like the design of your "products".

While this really is a nice piece of work, it's not stockalike for me. The external textures are a bit too different, and nte IVA is completely its own. I'd love to see a stockalike version with a stripped down IVA, plugin-less, and slight retexturing to the outside. KSP needs a good 2-man lander pod.

Ok! :)

After numerous requests, I redid a bit UV-mapping for using only one small texture. and now I can publish this item separately from the whole "Konquest" pack

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4vabmot7cw7jbr/ASET_LandingLegs.zip?dl=0

Oh my god, you are awesome! :D

One small piece of feedback, I've been almost exclusively using the ALCOR as a lander can lately, and the only thing that really seemed a bit inconvenient was the amount of included RCS fuel, I think bumping that up by 5-6 units would balance it a bit better against the stock lander cans. Might still be a bit low compared to the 40 units we have in the MK2 can, but it would be a huge change for those builds that go without external monopropellant tanks.

While this really is a nice piece of work, it's not stockalike for me. The external textures are a bit too different, and nte IVA is completely its own. I'd love to see a stockalike version with a stripped down IVA, plugin-less, and slight retexturing to the outside. KSP needs a good 2-man lander pod.

Move along, nothing to see here.

but it would be a huge change for those builds that go without external monopropellant tanks.

Do not forget that you can attach external tanks and then "offset" them to the inside, making them invisible. I usually put 4 of the roundified tanks on, then move them inside.

While this really is a nice piece of work, it's not stockalike for me. The external textures are a bit too different, and nte IVA is completely its own. I'd love to see a stockalike version with a stripped down IVA, plugin-less, and slight retexturing to the outside.

Gods no. Alexustas' models are masterpieces, and you want him to make them more like the bland models with washed out textures and details of stock?

I think you're missing the whole point of what Alexustas is out to achieve. His stuff is a light year ahead of the stock models in terms of the details, functionality and look. ALCOR, ESR and Konquest are a breath of fresh air, especially for those of us who have played KSP for the last few years and have grown tired of the stock parts. Combined with KW Rocketry, you can make truly beautiful ships with ALCOR.

I'm hoping that for KSP 2.0, Alexustas gets paid a whole lot of money by Squad (or whomever) to remake all the models in his style.

If Alexustas could make a 1-Kerbal or 2-Kerbal pod to replace the stock pod, it would be wonderful.

Hell no. You`re demanding an oxygen which isn't breathable and could`t burn anything, An automobile which couldn't go anywhere, and Alexustas withiout such a nice details. Yes, it`s bad that KSP stock looks like a ...., but that couldn't be a cause to drag Alexustas down from the heaven where he is.

Edited by FennexFox

Do not forget that you can attach external tanks and then "offset" them to the inside, making them invisible. I usually put 4 of the roundified tanks on, then move them inside.

I know that is possible, but putting stuff inside things and excessive clipping I really don't like to do, feels like cheating to me. I'm one of those guys that fiddle forever in order to reduce mass by a couple of kilograms anyway, so those extra 80kg dry mass would really be inacceptable :D

If you're using the monopropellant for RCS, the 20 units are actually enough for a regular docking maneuver, a tiny bit more would make the emergency generator a lot more viable for actual emergencies though without an extra tank when you want RCS too.

I know that is possible, but putting stuff inside things and excessive clipping I really don't like to do, feels like cheating to me. I'm one of those guys that fiddle forever in order to reduce mass by a couple of kilograms anyway, so those extra 80kg dry mass would really be inacceptable :D

If you're using the monopropellant for RCS, the 20 units are actually enough for a regular docking maneuver, a tiny bit more would make the emergency generator a lot more viable for actual emergencies though without an extra tank when you want RCS too.

Im with you on the clipping but NASA has been putting important things inside of things well since the beginning of the space program. I for one think its unrealistic to radially attach batteries around a manned space craft. So I use the tools to push them inside the tanks. So moving the landing gear a little inside to make it looks better. No that shouldn't be a problem

- - - Updated - - -

Its like an appetizer to Konquest! Thx

This is what I picture when see people posting about Konquest now. Alexustas is working hard on Konquest I assume and he hasn't released it because it isn't perfect yet. When he finally releases it, most likely it will be a defining pack that everyone simply must have. So patience! Anyway this is what I picture.

m4r69.jpg

- I have not yet understood the principle of work of stock thermo-mechanics and aerodynamics, so - the capsule's behavior in the atmosphere can be unpredictable

Þ ôð. ÚðÿÑÂуûð óрõõтÑÂѠÿрþÑÂтþ ÑÂтþѠýð ÑÂтðртþòþü ÑÂтþûõ :D

Yep. It heats up even on a launchpad :D

- I have not yet understood the principle of work of stock thermo-mechanics and aerodynamics, so - the capsule's behavior in the atmosphere can be unpredictable

yeah ive noticed this too, leave it on the pad and warp forward a bit and the thing will get glowing hot. I blame shoddy contractors, dont stir the oxygen tanks.

Looks like ASET_Props.zip was packed with invalid encoding for ~10 different files "switch_B_Button01_C01.cfg" through "...10.cfg" in /ASET/ASET_Props/Control/switch_B_Button01/

If I view it it renders as "C" i.e. "name = switch_B_Button01_C01" however this is not actually "C" it's 2 byte character (0x d0a1) which according to Google is the Cyrilic letter "ES" and just so happens to look like an ASCII letter "C".

This wasn't a problem for me but has been for other people depending on their environement and how they launch KSP. Just FYI. :cool:

Also in regards to CKAN questions. I only noticed this because CKAN spazzed out when checking for manually installed mods - lol

Yeahhhhh I was in high orbit trying to do a maneuver and next thing I know, ALCOR pod starts glowing and then my game starts lagging to high hell. Haven't been able to reliably use ALCOR :( I'm a sad panda.

Yeahhhhh I was in high orbit trying to do a maneuver and next thing I know, ALCOR pod starts glowing and then my game starts lagging to high hell. Haven't been able to reliably use ALCOR :( I'm a sad panda.

Proly, cause by stock heat gauges - press F10 in game to disable them.

Has anyone used the awesome props to help out the stock pods/cockpits? Can you design a command pod to go with your lander? I can't find any mods that cover command vehicles and are updated using your props. It is strange to go from a plain looking command pod to this amazing lander. Keep up the good work! Amazing all around

hello again!

i'm back after such a long break, and wanna say I found some free time to work on my projects. first of all i want to upgrade ALCOR. update is already ready, still is necessary to test it a little and then relise.

http://imgur.com/a/VeOdS

also, glad to tell you I started to make his own version of the MK1-2 IVA

http://imgur.com/a//flWLh

Yes he is working on it.

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible to do an interplanetary transfer without maneuver nodes, using the information available in IVA. So far I've not figured out if there is enough information available to know when to begin the transfer.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible to do an interplanetary transfer without maneuver nodes, using the information available in IVA. So far I've not figured out if there is enough information available to know when to begin the transfer.

Any ideas?

Absolutely. Here's my ship going to EVE with just the info from RPM monitors. I've only included the screenshots from the RPM screens. That's all I was focused on during the mission.

Absolutely. Here's my ship going to EVE with just the info from RPM monitors. I've only included the screenshots from the RPM screens. That's all I was focused on during the mission.

Thanks. I can't wait to try it out. I'd like to perform an all - IVA trip to Duna (for starters). I was incorrectly starting in orbit, and phase Angle was reaching 0 about 15 days too early

Edit:

Well, it definitely works!!! I was able to transfer to Duna and make it there in one piece. The mission was not a rousing success, because my aero-braking turned into aero-capture and quickly into litho-braking. But at least I know now that it is possible for me to do an ALL-IVA interplanetary transfer. Perhaps when I've practiced a few times, I'll record it as part of my "ALL-IVA" series (if 2 videos count as a series :D) Thanks Alex for this GREAT CAPSULE that is lots of fun. And thanks Movado for the pictorial guidance.

Edited by nukeboyt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.