[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

added this to my "must have" mod list.

thanks for making this!

EDIT:

Can I get a lil help on the installation process?

I installed the Basic Part: ASET ALCOR_Capsule_0.9.2.3 in the GameData folder.

I have all the other add-ons, MechJeb SCANsat, etc., so now do I need to also install:

Advanced IVA:

ASET ALCOR_IVA_Patch_0.9.2.3+External Camera

ASET Props Pack v1.1.0

What are these individual files for?

Like does ASET ALCOR_IVA prevent external view and what does ASET Props Pack v1.1.0 add?

Edited by iDisOrder

added this to my "must have" mod list.

thanks for making this!

EDIT:

Can I get a lil help on the installation process?

I installed the Basic Part: ASET ALCOR_Capsule_0.9.2.3 in the GameData folder.

I have all the other add-ons, MechJeb SCANsat, etc., so now do I need to also install:

Advanced IVA:

ASET ALCOR_IVA_Patch_0.9.2.3+External Camera

ASET Props Pack v1.1.0

What are these individual files for?

Like does ASET ALCOR_IVA prevent external view and what does ASET Props Pack v1.1.0 add?

If you want "everything" you need to install all of these. Without them, you can have the capsule, but it won't have any of the cool internal IVA stuff inside.

Remember to pay close attention to the picture in the OP that shows proper placement of the sub-folders. In narrative format, it says:

The folder "ASET" goes in GAMEDATA.

The folders "ALCOR_IVA_patch", "ALCOR_LanderCapsule", "ASET_Props", and "ExCamRadialVert" ALL go inside the folder "ASET",.

If you install some of his other mods / you will end up with additional folders that go inside "ASET". I have folders like "ERS", "Konquest" (only one part :(), and "ASET_LandingLegs"

Just finished a landing on Minmus using this pod and IVA view with no F2 overlay the entire time. But we had some errors pop up and disable about half the moniters on landing. Still got the landing going.

Have to say I think this is one of the best things I've ever gotten to use on stream and felt so much more like 'real'. I did find myself struggling with some of the controls but... I think if I used it regularly I would figure out most of them. :D

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the makers of this mod.

-OakTree42

@alexustas

Just a quick heads-up, the RasterPropMonitor v0.20 did remove a few deprecated variables, namely resource-related. This does somewhat break the sweet ALCOR IVA.

Since I'm using it a lot, and if you're not already working on it, I could probably go over the IVA and fix things sometime this month.

Is anyone else hearing IVA sounds in external view too? Like the fan noise and altitude indicator voice. This happens when I go IVA and then go back to external view. If I switch vessels or EVA and then switch back to the pod, the sound problem disappears until I go IVA again.

Is anyone else hearing IVA sounds in external view too? Like the fan noise and altitude indicator voice. This happens when I go IVA and then go back to external view. If I switch vessels or EVA and then switch back to the pod, the sound problem disappears until I go IVA again.

Yes, that is probably a bug (or feature?) in RasterPropMonitor though.

Are there any mods that add these props to other IVAs? WOuld be nice to have similar styled iva-only flights with other ships.

EDIT: Just noticed the post on previous page. What about other IVAs?

Edited by sashan

Are there any mods that add these props to other IVAs? WOuld be nice to have similar styled iva-only flights with other ships.

EDIT: Just noticed the post on previous page. What about other IVAs?

Not many AeroKerbin Industries Modified IVAs http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs and there is this new one no release yet Stock IVA rework with ALCOR props http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125011-WIP-Stock-IVA-rework-with-ALCOR-props-Development-Thread-Wishes-are-welcome

Oh, thanks. Will grab AIM one now. Maybe I'll do something on my own when I finish this semester of studies.

On a side note, the performance drop is quite significant it this version. I believe that comes from a processor, since my NVidia 740m can handle Crysis 2 on ultra.

ALso, it would be nice to see some functionalyto on those panels with telemetry, radio and other subsystems control. Like disabling hydraulics disables control surfaces, gimbals and landing gears, disabling pneumatics disables brakes etc, radio settings affecting RemoteTech, air conditioning settings integrated with life support mods etc. I know that's a lot of work, but anyways it would be nice. :P

By the way, what is this? I suspect ATM mod, any workarounds? I'm talking about screens, not blurry textures - that is definetely caused by ATM. I also have Ven's Stock Revamp as well as a bunch of other mods, like Scatterer, CollisionFX, RCssounds and similar. Doubt they play any role here tho.

mJC815U.png

Edited by sashan

24flpja.png

That looks surprisingly roomy, is this a 1.25 or a 2.5 m part?

Still hoping on more command pods with IVA's like this.

Indeed, a lack of internal view just pulls me out of immersion for some reason. I get that it's hard to do (for the part makers), but it's very important for me to consider a mod or a pack complete or satisfactory. There were a lot of really nice Dragon capsule mods that I wanted to use regularly, but I stopped because the lack of internal kept getting on my nerves.

I agree with PTLemay....I have gotten into using IVA as much as possible now for all of my manoeuvres and such, and your IVAs (along with the whole of rasterprop mod's iva overhauls) are a must as much as possible now. That is why I use ChakaMonkey's Orion module for my non-lander needs (just your IVA, placed in the Orion command module).

Please do create more command pods if possible. such as a non-lander, orion-style command pod, or some deep space command module...but in your fantastic fashion....I thoroughly enjoy your designs ('post-modern' spaceship chic).

Cheers.

Actually I would very much like to see these props in Near Future modules for stations and big ships. Currently I control my big multiple-use interplanetary ship within the docked lander. :P

For some reason now that I am *trying* to use this pod as a lander for Minmus, my engines on my transfer stage and and landing stage are fluttering. They work for 2 seconds and then shutoff, their thrust and fuel flow are super super low and they occasionally go up to about 1% of their full power. My throttle stays the same at 100%, so I have no idea whats going on.

Imgur link to a gif showing what happened: http://imgur.com/o1u9ij5

Edited by Mtshaw113

For some reason now that I am *trying* to use this pod as a lander for Minmus, my engines on my transfer stage and and landing stage are fluttering. They work for 2 seconds and then shutoff, their thrust and fuel flow are super super low and they occasionally go up to about 1% of their full power. My throttle stays the same at 100%, so I have no idea whats going on.

Imgur link to a gif showing what happened: http://imgur.com/o1u9ij5

You have your throttle controlled avionics on. I have done that before, took me a bit to figure out what was doing it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.