[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

To celebrate the inaugural voyage of the new pod, I wanted to see if I could figure out how to do a interplanetary transfer using only the information available in IVA. In other words, no maneuvre nodes or even map mode. As it turns out, the ALCOR / RPM combination provides all the information necessary!

Here's my first attempt at recording a voyage. I apologize for how long it is, but it's one-take and it gets the job done.

Thanks Alexustas for creating this GREAT MOD!!!!

Thank you so much and also THANK you for adding this to CKAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I did not put my mods on CKAN, it seems to be some magic related with the KerbalStaff.

Looks like some bot saw the new mods and automatically added them to the database; It's sad that it placed "ALCOR_IVA_patch" into "Depends" category and not "Suggest" or "Recommends" one. And I have not yet figured out how to change that.

In fact, I did not put my mods on CKAN, it seems to be some magic related with the KerbalStaff.

Looks like some bot saw the new mods and automatically added them to the database; It's sad that it placed "ALCOR_IVA_patch" into "Depends" category and not "Suggest" or "Recommends" one. And I have not yet figured out how to change that.

If it's on CKAN then someone put it there. The bots only look for updates; they don't go looking for mods to add.

I was under the impression KerbalStuff automatically creates a CKAN file using information entered about the mod when uploading it.

Looking at the page about adding mods to CKAN here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

It says that hosting on KerbalStuff makes it easier to add the mod but says nothing about it happening automatically regardless of whether you instigate it.

That's all I've found on the subject

IIRC, CKAN bots index all of KerbalStuff - its set up wher that is actually the preferred source (it can also do github, and curseforge, although the latter is not all that automated for updates). But I think the initial metadata file needs to be set up by a person, which it was apparently, by one of the admins there - either because they use it themselves or someone requested it. But I would not be surprised if this was automated as well - if they are already indexing the site, automating the detection of new mods is probably a trivial item, and extracting the metadata and formatting in JSON would not be that hard for well designed and posted mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to their github site, look in the NETKAN section, and simply edit the file there to your liking and do a PR. I can do it for you if you like, Ive done that for a few mods to correct CKAN metadata problems on addons that I use. Nice thing is with the Netkan system they use, once its edited, it kicks in for all future versions and updates so you never need to bother it again, unless you change dependencies etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I made the change for you, here is my pull request to them https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/2018

Edited by Murdabenne
added request

Say is there a manual or something about what all the buttons do? I figured out about a third of them but allot of them seem to do nothing. Like that giant panel of buttons to the left of the pilot, or the envir.control, or that radio looking panel to the right of the pilot...

I cannot find the modified Mk 1-2 command pod? All that's present is the RPM monitors, not Alex's IVA. I recently had to re-install my OS and am using a clean copy of KSP. Obviously I've installed somethings incorrectly. Only thing missing (I can tell) is the Mk 102 command pod.

Thanks

I cannot find the modified Mk 1-2 command pod? All that's present is the RPM monitors, not Alex's IVA. I recently had to re-install my OS and am using a clean copy of KSP. Obviously I've installed somethings incorrectly. Only thing missing (I can tell) is the Mk 102 command pod.

Thanks

This is what you are looking for I believe.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129315-IVA-MK1-2-Pod-IVA-Replacement-by-ASET-%28WIP%29

If you wish to use the built-in Navigation, Dock port and Airlock lights, but do not wish to use the IVA features, you need to install the VNG plugin.

The way this is set up, you either need the IVA or else VNG as a dependency - one or the other must be installed, otherwise this does not function correctly - is that accurate? So removing the dependency on the IVA means there must be a dependency o the other mod. I believe I can work that around as defaulting to VNG but leaving an option for IVA if the user wants to choose it as a substitute. Is that how you prefer it to work ?

Edit: I can do this - basically when the user installs via CKAN they will need to choose the VNG or the IVA, and whatever one they choose will satisfy the dependency. However, Im going to be very busy until Tuesday (I work in a cardiac unit, and Im filling in for the CP resident this weekend, so im pulling 14+ hour shifts)

Edited by Murdabenne

Sorry to go off topic but....

if I were a fish I'd be mounted on a wall over a wet bar in a basement somewhere.... I see shiny things for KSP and... OOOOOOOO!!!

Lots of interesting looking stuff on that page.... Mind disclosing the identity of these mods? (legs I found and the top looks like a wheel mod that I see you have made)

parts_zps3tsnpvxz.jpg

Edited by LawnDartLeo

Sorry to go off topic but....

if I were a fish I'd be mounted on a wall over a wet bar in a basement somewhere.... I see shiny things for KSP and... OOOOOOOO!!!

Lots of interesting looking stuff on that page.... Mind disclosing the identity of these mods? (legs I found and the top looks like a wheel mod that I see you have made)

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/lawndartleo/parts_zps3tsnpvxz.jpg

The top wheel is ASET Portable Rover http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86343-Portable-Rover-Components-New-project-from-ASET-%28up-29-07-14%29

The 2nd is ASET "Sunshine" movie style Deployable Light Globe http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50531-Sunshine-movie-style-Deployable-Light-Globe-%28updated-25-10-2013%29

3nd is ASET Exploration Rover System http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94947-1-0-2-Exploration-Rover-System-by-A-S-E-T-%2809-05-15%29

and the last one's wish, I had ASET "KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79880-WIP-KONQUEST-Modular-components-for-permanent-bases-by-ASET-%2814-05-2014%29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having an IVA issue, when I load the pod I get the top-of-screen error message: rasterpropmoniter: INITIALIZATION ERROR CHECK CONFIGURATION and when I go into IVA the rpm panels don't work at all, but every thing else does. (help?) (I am using this on a macbook air 13" 2013 i5 core)

I am having an IVA issue, when I load the pod I get the top-of-screen error message: rasterpropmoniter: INITIALIZATION ERROR CHECK CONFIGURATION and when I go into IVA the rpm panels don't work at all, but every thing else does. (help?) (I am using this on a macbook air 13" 2013 i5 core)

You have something installed wrong this files have to be in the right place check your install path and RPM ver. neT23tw.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.