[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

This is by far the biggest single quality-of-life-improving mod for this game (RPM included). I've used a few hundred mods over the course of the last few years, but I had only just found this the other day, and have been totally obsessed ever since. Currently flying an all-IVA Apollo-style Munar landing. It's incredibly challenging, and extremely satisfying.

Hi, I just want to let you know that I just landed at Eve with Alcor, escaped from Eve with the amazing Alcor, and got two rentries to Kervin with Alcor Pod without any other issues like to be caution with the reentry speed. This pod is my favourite one. You can take a look at this videos in my channel if you want it. I'm talking about landing and escaping in Eve with KSP 1.0.5

https://goo.gl/s7ynSS

https://goo.gl/aZwzok

I did the same landing at Duna and getting back to Kervin in KSP 1.0.5

Regards and congratulations for your excellent work.

Richard Groy

2 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

I wonder if Alexustas is still interested in KSP.  I hope that he is.   His work is excellent and it would be quite a loss if he has moved on.

I would be surprised if he moved on. His updates are usually spaced out a bit but consist of earth shattering results. A lot has change with 1.1 and I'm sure he is taking his time to see what broke and what he can add. Seeing as Alcor was the reason RPM came to be. There are a lot of bits and bobs to check. Also I am not sure just how much has changed with the new part tools so that may put a kink in working on all the IVA portion. (But like I said not sure everything that changed)

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

I would be surprised if he moved on. His updates are usually spaced out a bit but consist of earth shattering results. A lot has change with 1.1 and I'm sure he is taking his time to see what broke and what he can add. Seeing as Alcor was the reason RPM came to be. There are a lot of bits and bobs to check. Also I am not sure just how much has changed with the new part tools so that may put a kink in working on all the IVA portion. (But like I said not sure everything that changed)

I hope that you are correct!   ALCOR is my favorite mod, hands down; since i really love all-iva missions.   Many of the "new" parts and instruments that he has posted videos of, but not released are making my mouth water.... (not literally)...

14 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

I hope that you are correct!   ALCOR is my favorite mod, hands down; since i really love all-iva missions.   Many of the "new" parts and instruments that he has posted videos of, but not released are making my mouth water.... (not literally)...

Have you also seen some of his more long term projects like KONQUEST? @alexustas has really made some amazing things!

Just now, V8jester said:

Have you also seen some of his more long term projects like KONQUEST? @alexustas has really made some amazing things!

Without doubt, he has released some of the most amazing mods!   But the ones he hasn't released (like KONQUEST) are the ones that are the most anticipated (in my opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for the 1.1 version of Alexustas' mods. They're pretty much the reason I play KSP now. My best times in KSP have been aboard his ALCOR pod and ESR (rover). I did find though that the low fps from within the ALCOR pod on some of the more complicated ships was getting into the single digits pre 1.1. I drool at the prospect of playing 1.1 with updated ALCOR and ESR mods.

With all the posts looking forward to updates, I was pretty surprised to see the ALCOR pod seems to work about 99% in 1.1...

The only issues I found so far, are that the little timer clock props scattered throughout the pod do not work, and the MFD Orbital display has issues displaying...

The pod seems very playable to me in 1.1, tho.... ???

I've also heard a rumor that alexustas is indeed quietly working on updating his mods... :wink: 
(So no need to post "when are updates coming?", "hope this gets updated soon"... That doesnt mean to quit posting about how excited you are about anticipating 1.1 release, and commenting about how necessary ALCOR is to your games, however... :) )

Edited by Stone Blue

While I do eagerly anticipate an update to make ALCOR fully compatible with KSP v1.1, I actually think that alexustas should place equal priority on adding certain features to hi Mk1-2 capsule IVA that it lacks but which are included in the IVA that comes with RasterPropMonitor for that pod, such as the ability to start an EVA from the IVA by clicking the airlock (a feature that ALCOR has with the ASET IVA so we know it could be implemented in the ASET IVA for the Mk1-2). Also, is there any chance that such functionality could allow for the player in IVA to use something in the cockpit where the docking-node attaches to transfer to the part you're docked to?

26 minutes ago, alexustas said:

very sorry for the long silence.

I am very busy lately. but now I'm working on the adaptation of my mods for ksp 1.1 and RPM 0.25.x

No apologies necessary.   All of us familiar with your work know that it will be worth the wait, no matter how long that is.

19 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

No apologies necessary.   All of us familiar with your work know that it will be worth the wait, no matter how long that is.

Isn't that the truth! Back when I started using the ALCOR pod, it truly felt like I had upgraded from KSP 0.24 to KSP 2.0. It was the first mod that completely changed my game play and immersion. Some day when I can afford an Oculus (Vive or whatever) and a machine powerful enough to run it, I'm going to spend a few weeks travelling around the Kerbol Plus system with the headset on in a ship with an ALCOR-equipped lander and an ESR to rove around the landscapes. I shall bask in the glorious immersion. 

Thanks again Alexustas for the work you've put and are putting into this spectacular mod.

@alexustas Even if it delays the ALCOR a little bit, do you think you can provide an update to this so that we have the clickable EVA hatch in the Mk1-2 command-module? Of particular interest would be the issue raised in this post of that thread.

Edited by StevieC
alerting the modder to a specific issue

On 26-4-2016 at 2:24 PM, V8jester said:

Dude! Really?

On 26-4-2016 at 2:48 PM, lajoswinkler said:

Ya, rly.

I most likely also won't be able to play the update when it takes 50 years. Some KSP players have seen too many winters already :)

Great to read that 1.1 is being worked on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.