[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

It took me a while to figure out the abbreviations that @alexustas and @MOARdV use in their screens, and when you would use the information.    I've created a few photos of some of the screens I found most confusing at first.   Hopefully, some of you may find this information useful.  For the most part, Alex and MOARdV have been consistent in the naming of variables; ie Phase Angle on one screen, means the same as Phase Angle on a different screen.   

Note:   These images were all taken in the beta version of ASET, that is currently in testing.   If you see errors, please let me know so that I may correct them

Nwp1Dbm.png

gX8f4SR.png

1ruYq3d.png

gu6cuFU.png

UHwNIPQ.png

9 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

For the most part, Alex and MOARdV have been consistent in the naming of variables; ie Phase Angle on one screen, means the same as Phase Angle on a different screen.

To be fair, all credit for that IVA has to go to @alexustas.  All I do is add occasional features to RPM, and keep it working when Squad updates KSP.  Everything in that IVA is his - the pod, the props, and the screen layouts.

47 minutes ago, Zapo147 said:

Anyone got this working for 1.2.1?

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, nukeboyt said:

It took me a while to figure out the abbreviations that @alexustas and @MOARdV use in their screens, and when you would use the information.    I've created a few photos of some of the screens I found most confusing at first.   Hopefully, some of you may find this information useful.  For the most part, Alex and MOARdV have been consistent in the naming of variables; ie Phase Angle on one screen, means the same as Phase Angle on a different screen.   

Note:   These images were all taken in the beta version of ASET, that is currently in testing.   If you see errors, please let me know so that I may correct them

Emphasis added; images removed.

Edited by StahnAileron

On 29.10.2013 at 10:48 AM, alexustas said:

that's what I said

47S2Qpq.jpg

what do you choose? :)

Such sketches are really useful. Especially during the development phase. I always make a project with manned space capsule. My kebals are to see them go.  There were already some kerbals who have refused to fly a spaceship without a good field of view :)

SOLVED : Just convert fonts dds files in PNG and flip the picture.

Hello,

I need help, I don't know if it's normal, but I have white lines on the background of the MFD.

How fix that ? UPDATE ; I have found the source of the problem : The font used by aset 

Picture \/         

Spoiler

rVpaP6q.png

Edited by Maxime60
SOLVED

56 minutes ago, Neil_KerbStrong said:

I seem to have a problem with the ALCOR Capsule

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/198552544265672910/2D8587A1BCD071F7899E3CEFA3BA7C03BD82F5E5/

Here is a steam screenshot of what's happening.

It's really annoying to read the instruments when it's pushed of the screens because of the "F0000" stuff or something.

Go to the previous page in this thread. Start at the beginning and read down the page until you see your exact problem being asked (not for the first time) and then keep going to see the solution. 

1 hour ago, Neil_KerbStrong said:

I seem to have a problem with the ALCOR Capsule

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/198552544265672910/2D8587A1BCD071F7899E3CEFA3BA7C03BD82F5E5/

Here is a steam screenshot of what's happening.

It's really annoying to read the instruments when it's pushed of the screens because of the "F0000" stuff or something.

There is a link from @silvan78 over in the ASET Props Pac thread

On 12/13/2016 at 0:27 PM, Zapo147 said:

I'm just wondering if anyone knows when the new pod that nukeboyt used will be available....roughly. Sorry for being impatient.

I wish I knew, too.   Alex indicated that he's pretty busy with RL, and hasn't been active in our testing for a few weeks.    

On 10/31/2016 at 1:16 AM, Movado said:

Follow these steps to edit the ALCOR cfg files (there are quite a few of them). These steps assume ASET is not currently installed:

1. Download and install the free Notepad++ app (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.1.html).
  2. Download the updated ALCOR mod ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/56y9bp7lb1qtqoy/ASET.zip?dl=0 )
  3. Extract the ASET.zip file into your GameData folder.
  4. Make a copy of the ASET folder (call it something like ASET_unedited).
  5. Run Notepad++.
  6. Under the Search menu, choose Replace... (or press Ctrl H).
  7. Select the Find in Files tab at the top of the dialog window.
  8. In the Find what: field, enter... 

(\[#([0-9a-fA-F]+)\]|\[#(<=[0-9a-fA-F:"\;]+=>)\])([a-zA-Z0-9\$\&<=\;:\|_\.²\-\+"'>\(\)\, \/]+)(?![\[#[0-9a-fA-F]\]])
  9. In the Replace with: field, enter...

<color=#\2\3> \4 </color>
  10. Click on the ... button to the right of the Directory field.
  11. In the Browse for Folder window, navigate to the ASET folder (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ASET) and select the ASET folder (click once of the ASET folder and press OK).
  12. Important: Click on the Regular expression option at the bottom of the dialog window.
  13. Make sure the In all sub-folders checkbox is checked.
  14. Make sure the Match case checkbox is unchecked.
  15. Press the Replace in Files button.
  16. Quit the Notepad++ app.
  17. Go to the MFDs folder in the copy of the ASET folder (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ASET_unedited\ASET_Props\MFDs).
  18. Copy the entire MFDs folder from the copy of the ASET folder into the ASET folder you just edited.
  19. Delete the folder ASET_unedited so you don't have two ASET folders in the GameData folder.
  20. Run KSP.

The ALCOR pod should now be working pretty much without a glitch.

Good luck!

Can anyone tell me more about this? I don't feel like I'm understanding it correctly, or I'm somehow misinterpreting the instructions. Based on the release notes from the latest version of RPM my immediate take away was that this would require the tedious yet fairly simple fix of changing all the color flags from say [#00ff00] to <color=#00ff00> and was thus stoked to see these instructions to have notepad++ do this a directory at a time. However when I read step 17 and 18 it made me doubt that I'm really understanding this.

Most of the color tags I can find are within the MFDs folder so I had assumed those especially would be the files that would need to be changed. Why instead are those the only ones these instructions seem to require being left unchanged?

If ALCOR was the only IVA I used I could happily go on not knowing, but I was hoping to apply this same process to update some other IVAs that are affected in the same way by the same change in RPM. Can anyone tell me why steps 17 and 18 are important and what the difference is leading to their exclusion?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, incrediblekarma said:

Can anyone tell me more about this? I don't feel like I'm understanding it correctly, or I'm somehow misinterpreting the instructions. Based on the release notes from the latest version of RPM my immediate take away was that this would require the tedious yet fairly simple fix of changing all the color flags from say [#00ff00] to <color=#00ff00> and was thus stoked to see these instructions to have notepad++ do this a directory at a time. However when I read step 17 and 18 it made me doubt that I'm really understanding this.

Any regexp that matches on the colour codes in other IVA files will also match on the structures in MFD files.  However, the MFD files don't have colour codes and must be left unchanged.  That's what steps #17 and #18 are for.  They copy the unchanged original MFD files over the now mangled converted MFD files to limit the change to where it should be.

I wasn't active in KSP around September to get @linuxgurugamer's KSP 1.1.3 version of ALCOR, but last week I tried that update on the ASET Props 1.3 from KSP 1.0.4 days and there are hundreds of uses of the colour codes in dozens of files from the Props to be fixed.  And the MFD files must be excluded from the changes.

I played with the Replace With string, I think taking out the spaces around the '\4', giving

<color=#\2\3>\4</color>

I believe this gives a better layout more like the original, but I've not had a good IVA to test this on.

The problem is the colour codes aren't just used in the Props but in various places in the rest of IVA's files.  All of the colour codes--and only the true colour codes--have to be changed.  @Movado's process above should be thorough for the ALCOR, but any IVA's using ASET Props you want to use have to be searched for colour codes and those codes converted.  Including some that change colour a few times in succession.  Without touching any MFD files, because running the conversion on them will screw them up.  And the ASET Props have to be fixed too.  And maybe ASET Avionics too.

Older IVA's may not be worth the effort as they have other issues.  I have this one for the stock Mk3 Cockpit

I still had text display problems that I could potentially fix.  However, the mod was also producing a lot of texture errors that I'm not so sure I can fix or may be worth fixing.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:19 AM, Jacke said:

Any regexp that matches on the colour codes in other IVA files will also match on the structures in MFD files.  However, the MFD files don't have colour codes and must be left unchanged.  That's what steps #17 and #18 are for.  They copy the unchanged original MFD files over the now mangled converted MFD files to limit the change to where it should be.

I wasn't active in KSP around September to get @linuxgurugamer's KSP 1.1.3 version of ALCOR, but last week I tried that update on the ASET Props 1.3 from KSP 1.0.4 days and there are hundreds of uses of the colour codes in dozens of files from the Props to be fixed.  And the MFD files must be excluded from the changes.

I played with the Replace With string, I think taking out the spaces around the '\4', giving

<color=#\2\3>\4</color>

I believe this gives a better layout more like the original, but I've not had a good IVA to test this on.

The problem is the colour codes aren't just used in the Props but in various places in the rest of IVA's files.  All of the colour codes--and only the true colour codes--have to be changed.  @Movado's process above should be thorough for the ALCOR, but any IVA's using ASET Props you want to use have to be searched for colour codes and those codes converted.  Including some that change colour a few times in succession.  Without touching any MFD files, because running the conversion on them will screw them up.  And the ASET Props have to be fixed too.  And maybe ASET Avionics too.

Older IVA's may not be worth the effort as they have other issues.  I have this one for the stock Mk3 Cockpit

I still had text display problems that I could potentially fix.  However, the mod was also producing a lot of texture errors that I'm not so sure I can fix or may be worth fixing.

Thank you for your response. I am on my phone, so I can't respond at length but that clears up much of what I wasn't grasping. Initially I didn't realize from first looking at the MFD configs that those were unaffected and needed to remain unchanged and labels for switches and readouts were the problem children. :)

I too use Apex' mk3 replacement. I briefly tested it earlier and all my displays and labels were correct, I don't recall seeing any texture errors but I would have to double check more throughly to be sure. Additionally I use replacements for the mk1 can, alexustas's mk 1-2 pod replacement, MoarDv's gemini pod replacement, and a mk 1 pod replacement. Applying the knowledge above pretty much all are displaying properly now, although I am having an issue with the gemini pod (for FASA) where the position of the IVA camera seems odd and part of the panel is obscured by the window edge as though the eye point is to high. I can provide my files for apex's mk 3 cockpit if you like so long as that doesn't break his license, shoot me a pm if you want them.

Thanks again!

Edited by incrediblekarma
Omissions and derps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 3:49 PM, TheHiddenKitten said:

Not trying to bug anyone here, but could you give us a very rough estimation for release date on 1.2.2? This is one of my favorite mods.

Buddy, I think that Alexustas has just stopped doing KSP. He may come back some day, but for now, he's gone.

R.I.P. ALCOR. You have served us well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.