[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

16 hours ago, WildLynx said:

New update causes silent Krash while flight scene is loading.

You've got an outdated version of the JSIAdvTransparentPods plugin that's causing a couple of problems at startup, and it looks like you're on the last beta of RPM v0.28.0, not the final released version.  I'd get those two updated to start with.  I don't know if that alone will solve the problem, since there's nothing in the log that jumps out at me.  It might be helpful to turn on full logging for RPM after you updated it.  In GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/PluginData/rpm-config.cfg, change DebugLogging to 'True' and reproduce the crash.  If it's happening in RPM at load time, that will maybe provide more insight into where the problem is.

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

You've got an outdated version of the JSIAdvTransparentPods plugin that's causing a couple of problems at startup, and it looks like you're on the last beta of RPM v0.28.0, not the final released version.  I'd get those two updated to start with.  I don't know if that alone will solve the problem, since there's nothing in the log that jumps out at me.  It might be helpful to turn on full logging for RPM after you updated it.  In GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/PluginData/rpm-config.cfg, change DebugLogging to 'True' and reproduce the crash.  If it's happening in RPM at load time, that will maybe provide more insight into where the problem is.

Thanks for the response.

I was not even aware about existence of JSIAdvTransparentPods plugin. Not a single cfg except it's own references it. It's probably leftover from older RPM. So I removed it.

In matter of fact, I removed entire JSI directory, re-downloaded RPM from github, and re-installed it. Also, I turned on the debug.

Still crash in the middle of flight scene loading. Here is new logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x95evrsl20jsq91/10FEB2017.tar.gz?dl=0

20 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

I am fairly certain the landing used to be a seperate download... can't seem to find it. Help pls! Thanks.

You'll need two links for 1.2.2

here's 1

And here is 2

Edited by V8jester

14 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

What an awesome day came home from to find Alcor updated Alexustas your the man maybe Konquest next.

you said it first!!! But now that he said it ummmm is there a possibility of that maybe happening? 

On 10/23/2013 at 2:54 PM, alexustas said:

You can mark up action button switches with text by entering it into the vessel description in the VAB: On a separate line type "AG<number>=<text>" where "number" is the number of action group from 0 (i.e. 10) to 9. The text is limited to 14 characters. (More won't fit on the label.)

aVGr8bIt.jpg  4M3CjYZm.png
                                  __ __________________________________________________ ___

@alexustas, @MOARdV Do you know of a method of having two distinct groups of action group descriptions.    For example:   In an apollo-style ship,  One group of actions for the CM and a different group for the LM?  I wonder if this is even possible.

1 hour ago, nukeboyt said:

@alexustas, @MOARdV Do you know of a method of having two distinct groups of action group descriptions.    For example:   In an apollo-style ship,  One group of actions for the CM and a different group for the LM?  I wonder if this is even possible.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is a way to get this result with subassemblies:

1/ Build you main stack > set the AGs > save

2/ Build the lander in a separate craft file > set the AGs > save > export as subassembly

3/ Assemble your lander on your main stack > DON'T SAVE > launch

At separation, I think you'll have your separate AGs (but i'm not 100% sure).

Btw, I love your videos! :wink:

Edit: Oh, and be carefull with that: that will mix your 2 sets of AGs, which is not ideal...

[ Codewise: that mean that AGs are stored per-craft (I think). So, theoretically, that mean it "should" be possible to add different sets of AGs at different levels in the vessel parts hierarchy. But maybe I'm totally wrong on that, don't take my words for granted. ]

Edited by dueb

3 minutes ago, alexustas said:

If someone knows of useful tutorials for setting up landing gear (for Unity 5 and KSP 1.2.2), please let me know.
I tried to fix my landing gear and all consistently ends with  epic explosions (((

Go to the KSP Wheel thread, aka Kerbal Foundries .  You should be able to get some help there

I was suspecting, that ALCOR is so heavy on VRAM, that is causes VRAM crashes. Those silent crashes without SIGSEGV look too similar to VRAM crashes. I was probably wrong about it. I set textures to half-res and even to quarter-res - still crashes. I was monitoring the VRAM use, and, max VRAM use is in VAB (~95% of 961 MB dedicated VRAM), then it drops to ~70% during loading, and then crash. So it happens before any VRAM-heavy operations.

Rolled back to 0.9.4 and no more crashes. Only bad thing is color tags is now not working.

The only plugin is in props mod.

So may be ... may be using old ASET props mod with new ALCOR capsule and new IVA is a good idea? It can work this way?

@alexustas @MOARdV - what are you think about it?

then I prefer to leave discussion of this little add-on here

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed (I hope) version of the landing legs.

Dropbox

I want you to have tested these landing legs in different environments and situations, and also made some nice screenshots of your Lander fitted with these legs, for the album.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by alexustas

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you fix it?

I took the config from "LT-1 Landing Struts" and replaced the names of some of the transforms, and also added a one additional game object in the model and re-export the model again, at the same time updated shader for Unity 5

22 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

It's not possible the way AGs are implemented.  They're part of the craft description, so it's a per-vessel item.  If you make the LM and CM as separate parts, they'll have separate labels until you dock them.  And then they'll share the labels of whichever craft is the dominant craft until they split again.  What I should probably do for a future design is to attach a UI to the command pods that allows the AG fields to be filled in in the editor, so they're per-part instead of per-vessel.

1 hour ago, WildLynx said:

what are you think about it?

Some textures show errors on loading.  It might be that your OS handles that differently than Windows, but I am guessing right now, since I have not had a chance to try to duplicate the error here.

1 hour ago, WildLynx said:

I was suspecting, that ALCOR is so heavy on VRAM, that is causes VRAM crashes.

I had the same suggestion, but I can not test it, because I do not have access to the PC with 1GB video memory. at least 2 GB available. My own computer has 4 GB VRAM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.