[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

@alexustas If you zoom way in on the picture, you will see that there are very faint, white letters, identifying the indicators on the MFD's.     The two shown are "DN" and "Pe".  Can you or @MOARdV think of how these could be changed to black letters to increase readability?  I have looked at every picture file in the game and came up empty.

IJe8oL6.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, marchingknight11 said:

I'm having a problem with Connected Living Spaces and this capsule.  For some reason, it has no problem if a CLS passable part is connected to the top node, but if it's connected to the bottom node, I can't pass it.

UxHq4WW.jpg

I could be wrong, but I beleive thats the way it was designed... You'll see there is a hatch on top, and the back, but NO hatch on the bottom (or IVA floor)...

If you want to "cheat" it passable thru the bottom, its a simple matter of editing the CLS .cfg, IIRC...

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

I could be wrong, but I beleive thats the way it was designed... You'll see there is a hatch on top, and the back, but NO hatch on the bottom (or IVA floor)...

If you want to "cheat" it passable thru the bottom, its a simple matter of editing the CLS .cfg, IIRC...

Oh I see now.  Yea that does appear to be the case.

I think I'll hack it together. I'm willing to forego that little bit of realism.  My engineers decided to add the hatch to the floor themselves :-).

I used to "hack" it to be stack-passable myself, but havent in so long, I forgot the exact edit...

For quite awhile now, if I use the ALCOR as a ship bridge, I just end up "hanging" it "radially", from the bottom of the front of my craft, by its top node... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

On 3/29/2017 at 7:53 PM, WildLynx said:

I have 1GB of VRAM and newest ALCOR with IVA still crashes.

I rolled back to 0.9.4, and decided to gradually phase out the part.

Are you on Linux. I'm having the same issues; with all IVA's that use the ASET Props.

It seems that Unity on Linux chokes on an asset used in there.

On 4/30/2017 at 3:16 PM, Stone Blue said:

I used to "hack" it to be stack-passable myself, but havent in so long, I forgot the exact edit...

For quite awhile now, if I use the ALCOR as a ship bridge, I just end up "hanging" it "radially", from the bottom of the front of my craft, by its top node... :P

Here's the patch I use:

@PART[ALCOR_LanderCapsule]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]
  {
  	@impassablenodes = none
  }
}

On 5/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, Fernir said:

Hi there it's not working on my open-SUSE leap 42.2

HI!!!  Welcome to the KSP Forums!  You've joined a fantastic community of users whom are always happy to help out others with any issues they have; but..... we need some more information from you:

uhm... logs? details as in what version of KSP? other mods?

Please, at the very least, do a Google search and type in: "ksp how to get support" (I just did this so it does work).  Click the first link.  Follow the instructions.  Post the information here and then.... Profit!

I know that this mod works on my 7 year old laptop, and it also works on a much much older single core machine.  So if you can give us that information, we can try to help you.

10 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

HI!!!  Welcome to the KSP Forums!  You've joined a fantastic community of users whom are always happy to help out others with any issues they have; but..... we need some more information from you:

uhm... logs? details as in what version of KSP? other mods?

Please, at the very least, do a Google search and type in: "ksp how to get support" (I just did this so it does work).  Click the first link.  Follow the instructions.  Post the information here and then.... Profit!

I know that this mod works on my 7 year old laptop, and it also works on a much much older single core machine.  So if you can give us that information, we can try to help you.

It wasn't bug report. I just wanted to confirm issue reported by WildLynx. I looked into log file but couldn't find anything suspicious however I can add log file if you believe it can help.

3 hours ago, Fernir said:

It wasn't bug report. I just wanted to confirm issue reported by WildLynx. I looked into log file but couldn't find anything suspicious however I can add log file if you believe it can help.

I see.  Still, adding as much info as you can will help the guru's that wander this thread to figure out what is going on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

your mod needs updating(again)

seeing as RPM doesn't have an official update to 1.3, I don't see how this mod could be updated

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?" 

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

seeing as RPM doesn't have an official update to 1.3, I don't see how this mod could be updated

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?" 

I simply like all my subscribed addons up to date so my game doesn't suffer because of it

15 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

I simply like all my subscribed addons up to date so my game doesn't suffer because of it

Dont we all?....

But theres a right way, and an absolute wrong way to "inquire" about updates... Guess which way you're leaning?

Since you havent posted a lot, and you might not be aware, there's an actual forum rule regarding posting about updates... I've snipped the relevant section below:

2.2 Forbidden content
Messages that involve the following content will result in moderator action.

p. Demanding or pressuring for release dates or updates from Squad or content creators.

Edited by Stone Blue

@alexustas mostly keeps us up to date of his mod's progress on GitHub and on YouTube. I would strongly suggest you check those out and the works that him and @MOARdV are constantly working on, instead of inquiring on here. Trust me, he's on the case and is fully aware of his mod's condition. As @Stone Blue said, merely asking (even quite rudely), is a violation of terms of this forum.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.