[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

5 hours ago, ColKlonk2 said:

I just dumped the latest version into KSP1.2.2.. 

WDF2tp5.png

Did you install the regular ALCOR or the ALCOR Advanced?  I tried using the regular ALCOR and I don't have the same inside with the book sitting there etc.  I tried the advanced version with RPM and ASET and it crashes during the loading sequence so I got rid of them.

anybhelpnwould be appreciated as I always wanted to fly just from the cockpit and this mod is beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 9:04 AM, artemisalien said:

Does anyone know if this mod is working with the recent update?  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but for the life of me I can't get it to show up in the vehicle bay.

I have the required mods such as ASET props and RPM.  Perhaps anyone else that didn't have it show up in their pod selection can help me out.

I'm having this exact same issue. It's only with ALCOR advanced as well. I'm using the MK 1-2 IVA replacement with ASET and regular ALCOR no problem.

EDIT: I'm a big ol' dummy. I need to install both files to run the IVA.

Edited by fredbreakfast

11 hours ago, moeburn said:

Is this mod supposed to create a new pod capsule in VAB, or does it replace the MK1?  Because if it's supposed to create a new one, I can't see it.  I'm running Alcor Advanced on 1.3.1 with all required dependencies. 

This mod adds a completely new lander capsule.  With the RPM advanced version, you get a very interactive IVA for that lander.

15 hours ago, moeburn said:

Is this mod supposed to create a new pod capsule in VAB, or does it replace the MK1?  Because if it's supposed to create a new one, I can't see it.  I'm running Alcor Advanced on 1.3.1 with all required dependencies. 

You need to add the regular ALCOR file if you want to see it in the VAB menu. If you also want the interior, you need to add the ALCOR advanced file. Both need to go into the ASET folder, which I assume you also have.

It sounds like you just have the ALCOR advanced file right now. Get the regular one and you should be good to go.

5 hours ago, fredbreakfast said:

You need to add the regular ALCOR file if you want to see it in the VAB menu. If you also want the interior, you need to add the ALCOR advanced file. Both need to go into the ASET folder, which I assume you also have.

It sounds like you just have the ALCOR advanced file right now. Get the regular one and you should be good to go.

Yep, I'm an idiot.  Didn't realise you need both.  Works awesome now, thanks!

UPDATE!

ALCOR v0.9.7

• optimization and various improvements

ALCOR ADVANCED IVA v0.9.7

• All switches changed to new modular ones.
  • Revised instrument layout.
  • Greatly extended MechJeb support.
  • Added CommNet, Astrogator, Kerbalism, USI-LS and Chatterer support.
  • Added the ability to adjust seat height for female Kerbals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, Jebs_SY said:

Hi all,

does anybody know, why the resources overlay on the mixed map screen is not working correct?

I wonder if it's a Scansat zoom issue, a RPM issue or a ASET Config issue.... I tried to check the difference between "ALCOROrbitMap60x30" and  "ALCOROrbitClearMap60x30" and the reference seems to be the same ({0} $&$ORBITBODY ).
But I didn't got the syntax, yet.

Screenshot is from the MK1-2 cockpit, but the Alcor MFD has the same issue.

7u7mmBy.png

Did anyone ever figure out the cause of this problem?  Note:  it affects standard RPM MFD's as well as the ASET ones.

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

Did anyone ever figure out the cause of this problem?

DMagic's quote earlier this thread seemed to suggest there was a change needed in a SCANsat MM config.  I haven't heard anything beyond that.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and Salutations all,

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I just can not get the ALCOR pod to utilize MechJeb in IVA.

I have attached the MechJeb module to the pod and it is working fine in 3rd person with full functionality and yet while ALCOR does see that the Mechjeb mod is installed it keeps on telling me that "Mechjeb Autopilot not found"

I have all the dependent mods installed and are of the latest version.

KSP 1.3.1

ALCOR 0.9.7

ALCOR_Advanced_IVA-0.9.7

ASET_Props-1.5

RasterPropMonitor.0.29.2

MechJeb2-2.6.1.0-773

ModuleManager.3.0.1

Do I need to edit ALCOR_IVA_Patch.cfg ?

Edited by U.N. Spacy

9 hours ago, U.N. Spacy said:

MechJeb2-2.6.1.0-773

RasterPropMonitor does not support MechJeb dev builds.  There was a signature change in one of the dev builds, and RPM can not talk to newer versions.  You will need to go back to the official 2.6.1 release of MechJeb, or you can look for a dev build that still works (I haven't kept track of the MJ dev builds, so I don't know when they stopped working together).

And, welcome to the forums!

10 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Just wondering, is this an issue for MAS, as well?

Yes (probably - I haven't looked at any of the dev builds for MJ).  I might get around to looking at supporting the dev build in addition to the official release, but I don't want to spend too much time chasing a moving target if the signatures change again.

I recently ran into a 'problem', and I don't know where's the best place to report it. So, if it is not, please forgive me.

So, I noticed something (wrong?) while doing some testing:

The props, or at least the ALCOR capsule, seems to have a huge impact on KSP performances.

Maybe it is not a 'problem' (per say), (maybe it's that something you should expect from advanced props like that), but I think it is something worth to note.

What I found strange in that 'problem' is that neither my CPU nor my GPU where used. But the ingame performance graph took a huge hit:

A simple test can show that behavior and tank your game simulation speed (and FPS by going in IVA) by stacking some ALCOR capsule.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is that an unavoidable behavior?

Setup:

Spoiler

KSP 1.3.1 x64

ALCOR 0.9.7

ALCOR Advanced IVA 0.9.7

ASET Props 1.5

RasterPropMonitor 0.29.2

ModuleManager 3.0.1

Edited by dueb

1 hour ago, dueb said:

I recently ran into a 'problem', and I don't know where's the best place to report it. So, if it is not, please forgive me.

I am not surprised - there are literally hundreds of props in each IVA, and each one that involves RPM functionality has some per-FixedUpdate overhead (even if it's in a different pod).  This is in addition to the overhead RPM imposes at a per-pod level and at a per-vessel level.  And, due to the nature of Unity, all of that overhead comes out of a single thread, regardless of how many cores your CPU has.  The RPM replacement mod (MAS) should improve that aspect of advanced IVAs, hopefully a lot.

9 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I am not surprised - there are literally hundreds of props in each IVA, and each one that involves RPM functionality has some per-FixedUpdate overhead (even if it's in a different pod).

Yeah, this is exactly how I 'discovered' this (long standing, I presume) 'problem'.

I asked myself: "Wait, what happen if I dock multiple ships in space (with their IVAs) with all theses props?".

I understand the overhead. I'm not surprised, don't worry! :P Theses interactive props require processing power, that's a fact!

What I don't understand however, is why the reported processor activity next to inexistent. Not a single CPU core is maxed out!

This is really disturbing, because I can't track down where the bottleneck is. Any idea?

(Btw, you hyped me even more for MAS! :D Keep up the good work! (I don't know if this is the right way to say that, forgive me if it sounds awkward... :P This is not my native language.))

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

RasterPropMonitor does not support MechJeb dev builds.  There was a signature change in one of the dev builds, and RPM can not talk to newer versions.  You will need to go back to the official 2.6.1 release of MechJeb, or you can look for a dev build that still works (I haven't kept track of the MJ dev builds, so I don't know when they stopped working together).

And, welcome to the forums!

Thank you,

I did a bit of testing and I can tell you that the last MechJeb Dev build that works is MechJeb2-2.6.1.0-741 after that the Dev builds stopped playing nice.

Since MAS is intended to be the replacement/successor  for RPM is it possible for you and Sarbian to collaborate to ensure that MechJeb will always be compatible?

I am not very familiar with coding but I know enough that is can be very labour intensive so thank you for all the hard work and time that you mod creators put in.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.