[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

• 2 weeks later...

The ALCOR lander works in 1.4.3 (I've done missions in it); however, the RasterPropMonitor displays (which are MoarDv's mod, not Alexustas) have a problem since 1.4 in that certain screens (especially the NavBall display) are inverted. This makes the NavBall display pretty useless. However, everything else seems to work ok.

Alexustas is recreating the interior with MAS (a new multifunction display mod, also from MoarDv) but is still working on the process. You can see some of Alexustas' progress videos on his Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC58DKB3YguDiVcUh4bmef5w).

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

Apparently, forcing OpenGL or Dx11 will result in the MFDs working correctly. Still no idea why using Unity 2017 with Dx9 causes such an issue.

Interestingly, forcing Dx11 solves the NavBall issue, but I still get some of the graphic text (e.g., Pitch, Altitude) reversed.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:01 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah i used gerula's cfg and it wont work in 1.4.2. made some changes to it and got it working but they explode when they touch the ground. turns out thats a ksp wide bug that they are supposedly fixing in 1.4.3 this week. it really needs to change to what gerula has since thats the correct format going forward. 

wont explode if you have Deploy Shielded Enable

10 hours ago, alexustas said:

C4tNSpm.jpg

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I know about those. When I was building the lander in the VAB I could right click on it and get the option to turn those on. I dont know what mod i had to do that with OR When I reinstalled the game I messed something up. I moved my game directory somewhere else so Steam couldnt update it. Im tired of them updating it and waiting for my core (the ones I use all the time) mods to catch up. ALCOR works with 1.4.3 but I dont know about the next update. I remember when it first came out. I have been using it ever since. And thank you for the reply..... 

1 minute ago, Barzon Kerman said:

What is this?

57 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

I absolutely love that rover its a work of art its so modular and hope @alexustas has included it and the prc rover as they both compliment the Alcor capsule immensely

I agree. One of my favorite times playing KSP was driving the ERS rover in the KSP to South Pole challenge a few years ago. Took nearly a week of real time to drive it across Kerbin, but I had so much fun. The IVA for the ERS is not as detailed at the ALCOR but still beautiful and practical nonetheless.

Was a manual for the IVA ever compiled? Also, is there a way to add/display suicide burn time? What about data from Trajectories?

Edited by dlrk

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, HLSA30 said:

please actualize 1.4.4  

the game is not the same without this mod, it would be nice if the game came with this mod, it would be great.

•  

Why not just revert to 1.4.3??

On 5/25/2018 at 6:11 PM, dlrk said:

Was a manual for the IVA ever compiled? Also, is there a way to add/display suicide burn time? What about data from Trajectories?

You don't need either, really. Your trajectory is displayed on the map screen, if you've scanned the surface. I put it on biome mode first, making sure I'm going where I need to be, then I change it to slope mode and aim for a flat spot. I suppose you would need the trajectory mod if you were going through atmosphere, but the ALCOR pod isn't made for that anyway. You don't need suicide burn time because you have current and minimum impact speed displayed prominently in the landing mode screen. If you want maximum efficiency, use autoland.

4 hours ago, HLSA30 said:

please actualize 1.4.4  

the game is not the same without this mod, it would be nice if the game came with this mod, it would be great.

•  

Please don't ask the author of this mod to update. It amounts to pestering, and considering the amount of unpaid work Alexustas puts into making this fantastic mod, he does an awesome job. Most mod authors would have given up by now. As can be seen on his YouTube channel, he's working on some awesome MAS displays that will provide tons more fun.

So be patient and instead of asking for updates donate money to his efforts.

6 hours ago, HLSA30 said:

please actualize 1.4.4   

have u even try it in 1.4.4 with all the dependencies,AFAIK it should work normaly,when not describe ur issues

lots of people willing to help in this forum when u put a little effort in it

2 hours ago, Movado said:

the game is not the same without this mod

YES that true ,in the meantime u can learn from his channel how to do with the new MAS stuff he is working on-its formidable

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.