[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

21 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I've looked at the config files for 3 versions  where I found download links in this thread and Col. Neville's version (#4) is based off the oldest release here. The newest one you link to in the other post (which is the one I thought I'd linked to, oops) looks most like a current Squad LT-2 landing leg.

Idk ... these are the ones I have archived:

ON5kF7x.png

Edited by Stone Blue

50 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Idk ... these are the ones I have archived:

ON5kF7x.png

I'm not looking at dates, I'm looking at the file contents. The 1.5.1 Col.R.Neville config file looks most like it was based on the most archaic version of the leg I found. I just saw another that is probably closest to the current version of a squad landing leg. But it also claimed to have issues.

@Stone Blue Try this. I tweaked the Feb 2017 setup with some of the stuff from @Burning Kan Tested in 1.6.1. I can drop a a craft from 9m up on the Kerbin launchpad and the legs work better than the heaviest stock legs. At 10m I explode the launchpad on touchdown. All fields that seem relevant in a stock Squad leg are present.

Download for 1.6.1 

Edit to Add (10/25/2020):

I've used this without problems in all version from 1.6.1 through 1.10.1

Skip to about 1:20 for the actual touchdown.

Edited by Tonka Crash

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Conflict warning  : I've been using the VR mod and "through the eyes of a kerbal" mod combined, and after you click on "enable VR" the zooming in and out using the mouse wheel doesn't work anymore in IVA. You need to go back to the space center and to your ship again, then the zoom in/zoom out starts working again.

Edited by jeancallisti

• 2 weeks later...

Question: How do you warp time in IVA in ALCOR without the keyboard, and only the pod's props? There are many small alarm props inside the pod, but all these seems to be only for displaying information. I have also installed Kerbal Alarm Clock, but is it possible to use it inside the ALCOR pod just by clicking around?

How do you actually warp time without using the keyboard, and only the pod's props?

EDIT : before someone says "just push the keyboard key", that's because I'm playing IVA in VR so I can't see the keyboard.

Edited by jeancallisti

1 hour ago, jeancallisti said:

Question: How do you warp time in IVA in ALCOR without the keyboard, and only the pod's props? There are many small alarm props inside the pod, but all these seems to be only for displaying information. I have also installed Kerbal Alarm Clock, but is it possible to use it inside the ALCOR pod just by clicking around?

How do you actually warp time without using the keyboard, and only the pod's props?

you yell at Kulu or Kheckof: "engage" or "make it so" :o:P:D:cool:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 8/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, jeancallisti said:

EDIT : before someone says "just push the keyboard key", that's because I'm playing IVA in VR so I can't see the keyboard.

I do not think that there is any method to initiate warp using just the props available in the IVA.   I always flew IVA using an Xbox controller, so I mapped a couple of buttons to accelerate and decelerate time.  Would you mind offering guidance on how to get setup in VR.   I have an Oculus Rift and have never tried to play KSP.

Edited by nukeboyt

11 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

I do not think that there is any method to initiate warp using just the props available in the IVA.   I always flew IVA using an Xbox controller, so I mapped a couple of buttons to accelerate and decelerate time.

I've ended up doing the same, except with a joystick : Even with the VR headset on, you can sense the buttons and remember which button does what.

What they should do is add a third button on the little grey alarm meshes everywhere in the cockpit, and make that button warp to the alarm time when Kerba Alarm is installed.

About VR: I'll give tips n this thread when I have time : https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/177086-making-kerbal-space-program-into-a-vr-game/&tab=comments#comment-3422927

Edited by jeancallisti

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lerond said:

Are all listed required mods still required? Because most of them are made for older versions.

There are no requirements for the pod itself, only for the advanced IVA. The newest versions of the required mods should work in 1.7.3.

• 2 weeks later...

@john1978 try the Module Manager patch fix in this post:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/105821-16x-rasterpropmonitor-development-stopped-v0306-29-december-2018/&do=findComment&comment=3598123

EDIT: nevermind... I just realised you're asking about the ALCOR camera part, *not* the JSI inline one in RPM :P
sorry.

Looks like the no bulkhead profile bug might be the issue.
1) Open a text editor of your choice
2) Copy paste the text in the box below
3) Save the file with extension .cfg, using any name you want  (can put it in /GameData, or in *any* /GameData/<subdirectory>/ that you want)

@PART[ExtCamRadialVErt]:HAS[!bulkheadProfiles[]]:FINAL
{
	bulkheadProfiles = srf
}

Edited by Stone Blue

59 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@john1978 try the Module Manager patch fix in this post:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/105821-16x-rasterpropmonitor-development-stopped-v0306-29-december-2018/&do=findComment&comment=3598123

EDIT: nevermind... I just realised you're asking about the ALCOR camera part, *not* the JSI inline one in RPM :P
sorry.

Looks like the no bulkhead profile bug might be the issue.
1) Open a text editor of your choice
2) Copy paste the text in the box below
3) Save the file with extension .cfg, using any name you want  (can put it in /GameData, or in *any* /GameData/<subdirectory>/ that you want)

@PART[*]:HAS[!bulkheadProfiles[]]:FINAL
{
	bulkheadProfiles = srf
}

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, kornyel said:

What about version 1.8.1.? When will be an upgrade? This mod is "must have" mod) Im waiting very much)

3 hours ago, pquade said:

I check this page every day hoping for an update.

So, is there something *not* working with this mod, in 1.8.1? vOv

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

So, is there something *not* working with this mod, in 1.8.1? vOv

Well, I wasn't able to just drag it and all of the dependancies from my 1.7.x install over to my 1.8.x test install and have it work like I have for several previous 1.N.x updates, so, yeah, I think there probably is something not working.

I go into its IVA and none of the switches or labels seem to even be there.

@pquade If you havent tried already, copy over *only* the stuff in the /ASET/ folder... Then do fresh install of the dependencies: v4.1.2 of Module Manager, and on the last page or two of the RPM thread, user Tegmil has a v0.30.7 RPM recompile for 1.8.1

Of course, you also want to make sure any of the listed recommended mods for ALCOR, are also updated or have stated 1.8.1 compatability.

Give that a try.

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.