[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Right, then. As nervous as I am about sharing vehicles I've made (for fear people will realise what crap they are), I present to you the Alcor LEM. This is my first general release, so please be kind. If you can't be kind, be swift.

Many, many thanks to Alexustas for creating this magnificent lander pod, and Mihara for his data readout plugin!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Mods required:

Alcor landing capsule (obviously)

KOSMOS (fuel lines and spotlights)

AIES (landing gear, engines, RCS, batteries, large antenna, decoupler)

SpaceFactory PPTS (small dish antenna)

NovaPunch (small fuel tanks)

KW Rocketry (heavy struts)

The panels and descent stage framework parts are all stock.

Vehicle weight (not including tasty snacks and assorted lovely beverages): 6.72 tons

And the .craft file for the brave souls who wish to fly this beastie: Alcor LEM craft file

I tested Mun landings from 50km, 105km, and 125km. All were nominal. You should be able to set her down with a bit of fuel left in the descent tanks, if you haven't tried making any sizeable plane changes with only the LEM. Use only as directed. Some small parts make pose a choking hazard. Warranty void if used for more than looking at under flattering lighting.

Thanks for the craft file. I am most certainly going to use this for a munar expedition. Thanks again!

Noticed a small bug on my end. The parts I've tried so far seem to leave a bit of a gap on the top attachment node:

6yReiy4.jpg

hmm...

is that v0.5?

YiCFV2N.jpg

Do you have the same node definitions?

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.615, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.87, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

Amazing! Do you have any plans to replace the navball with a PFD maybe?

It's proving to be complicated, so the answer is "maybe".

First, I need to work out a way to do background handlers the same way as page handlers like this flight log work. :)

It's proving to be complicated, so the answer is "maybe".

First, I need to work out a way to do background handlers the same way as page handlers like this flight log work. :)

Well if you could get it to work like the monitors do, regardless of the graphic resolution that would be really swell. Looking forward to further updates!

Well if you could get it to work like the monitors do, regardless of the graphic resolution that would be really swell. Looking forward to further updates!

If I'm doing it at all, it's probably going to work in exactly the same way as the monitors do. Which is why the notion of a page handler. The flight log is technically a separate plugin that the display controller calls for data when it's rendering a specific page -- switch to a different page and it goes to sleep. If I can do the same for images, it'll be easy to draw whatever -- starting with the SCANsat map, most likely, but a PFD will not be out of the question at all.

Now you just need a YouTube client so we can record our Kerbals watching a livestream of themselves.

That might actually be easier than you'd think, Unity can play movies, but the framerate would be a slideshow... :)

If I'm doing it at all, it's probably going to work in exactly the same way as the monitors do. Which is why the notion of a page handler. The flight log is technically a separate plugin that the display controller calls for data when it's rendering a specific page -- switch to a different page and it goes to sleep. If I can do the same for images, it'll be easy to draw whatever -- starting with the SCANsat map, most likely, but a PFD will not be out of the question at all.

This would be amazing, I have a older computer so I can't really use the interior navball to well, having a display would make it instantly better for me. Really loving this capsule, any plans for a different on that is not so much used for Lunar activities?

This would be amazing, I have a older computer so I can't really use the interior navball to well, having a display would make it instantly better for me. Really loving this capsule, any plans for a different on that is not so much used for Lunar activities?

I think the point is getting this one properly finished first, but we're constantly getting carried away... :)

Now you just need a YouTube client so we can record our Kerbals watching a livestream of themselves.

Oh NO.... With all of the warping and what not... What happens when Jeb and Bill watch the late night news and see that they are about to die a fiery horrible death 20 minutes in the future???

Ugly......But sounds like really great fun........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.