[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Just make sure the buttons are placed right next to each other in the capsule. It's the Kerbal way. :)

Hahaha, only if they are the same color too =P

I must, as good as this pod has been from the start, the last release is just amazing. I think this is the only pod you could do a whole mission from IVA...and NOT be missing out an any info.

If you are considering adding alarms, you may want to add ModularFuel Compat, as the alarm would be going off constantly.

Fixed. :)

case "MFLH2":
return GetResourceByName("LiquidH2");
case "MFLH2MAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("LiquidH2");
case "MFLOX":
return GetResourceByName("LiquidOxygen");
case "MFLOXMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("LiquidOxygen");
case "MFN2O4":
return GetResourceByName("N2O4");
case "MFN2O4MAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("N2O4");
case "MFMMH":
return GetResourceByName("MMH");
case "MFMMHMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("MMH");
case "MFAEROZINE":
return GetResourceByName("Aerozine");
case "MFAEROZINEMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("Aerozine");
case "MFUDMH":
return GetResourceByName("UDMH");
case "MFUDMHMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("UDMH");
case "MFHYDRAZINE":
return GetResourceByName("Hydrazine");
case "MFHYDRAZINEMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("Hydrazine");
case "MFMETHANE":
return GetResourceByName("Methane");
case "MFMETHANEMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("Methane");
case "MFNUCLEARFUEL":
return GetResourceByName("nuclearFuel");
case "MFNUCLEARFUELMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("nuclearFuel");
case "MFNUCLEARWASTE":
return GetResourceByName("nuclearWaste");
case "MFNUCLEARWASTEMAX":
return GetMaxResourceByName("nuclearWaste");

And then you just alter the prop.cfg for the fuel alarm to track the resource you want, instead. :)

If you are considering adding alarms, you may want to add ModularFuel Compat, as the alarm would be going off constantly.

You will be able to alter the alarm configuration yourself to react to any resource the plugin knows by name. Adding mod resources is not a problem and will be done by the time the version with alarms is released.

You will be able to alter the alarm configuration yourself to react to any resource the plugin knows by name. Adding mod resources is not a problem and will be done by the time the version with alarms is released.

This is complete and utter amazment, can't wait for the next release.

So this also means those of us who use a life support system can get alarmed if oxygen goes below a day or what not correct?

Edited by DoubleOSeven1
Second Paragraph Addition

This is complete and utter amazment, can't wait for the next release.

So this also means those of us who use a life support system can get alarmed if oxygen goes below a day or what not correct?

All of these alarm lamps in the screenshots are made using JSIVariableAnimator module, the same one that was made to handle gauges. It basically takes one of the variables that the monitor already computes anyway and applies it to an animation, which, in case of a lamp, is just lighting up. Any of these variables that is a number can be used to drive an animation, if you need some other lamp, it's only a config file edit (or a ModuleManager patch) away.

Might it maybe be a good idea to do a barebones non-fancy screens version of this pod? My biggest fear is that it will be abandoned in the near or far future and that a new version of KSP breaks all the fancy stuff. It would be nice to have at least the model to play with, as it is beautiful.

Might it maybe be a good idea to do a barebones non-fancy screens version of this pod? My biggest fear is that it will be abandoned in the near or far future and that a new version of KSP breaks all the fancy stuff. It would be nice to have at least the model to play with, as it is beautiful.

I released the source under GPL for the precise reason that if a new version breaks all the fancy screens, and I for whatever reason no longer care to fix them, someone still can.

Mind you, if you just delete all the fancy props from the internal.cfg, it'll load if parts still load at all. :)

I released the source under GPL for the precise reason that if a new version breaks all the fancy screens, and I for whatever reason no longer care to fix them, someone still can.

Mind you, if you just delete all the fancy props from the internal.cfg, it'll load if parts still load at all. :)

The first bit is nice to know, and I like how you take things like this into account. The second bit is important to me, as it enables me to adapt the pod to whatever changes come - providing the parts work at all, like you said.

The first bit is nice to know, and I like how you take things like this into account. The second bit is important to me, as it enables me to adapt the pod to whatever changes come - providing the parts work at all, like you said.

As another side note, by installing Unity and PartTools v20, you can place and edit the props of any IVA visually, it can actually load the internal.cfg and display the IVA, that's the major improvement since v18, I'm told. That's how I made the ModuleManager patches for the stock pods that put an example display into them.

So provided the models remain models, this project should have the longevity of NovaPunch or thereabout if anybody cares about it enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.