[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Woudl it be possible to put contents of orbit map onto monitor?

Well i guess putting actual map triggered by M key is impossible.. but maybe it coudl be re-renderd in some way for IVA use.

Also dis someone managed already to put glass cockpits and another IVA elements from alcor into their own capsule?

Woudl it be possible to put contents of orbit map onto monitor?

Well i guess putting actual map triggered by M key is impossible.. but maybe it coudl be re-renderd in some way for IVA use.

Short answer: No.

I already gave a long answer here.

At the same time, some sort of schematic graphical representation of your orbit kind of like you see on certain MFDs in Orbiter might be possible, but no promises yet.

Few suggestions:

Sencor input summary. For displaying on glass cockpit.

Numeric pad for action grups:

This type:

NUM-KEP.gif

And... i think that might be impossible/ very difficult but i will write it anyway:

Ability to remote-pilot probe from inside ALCOR capsule. Lets say that we have unmanned probe docked to our ship... So, we put image from her camera on one screen, connect probes telemetry to our flight instruments (navball, fuel levels, etc) and controll it. Any input wudl be sent to the probe, but we woudl see everything on our screens, still inside ALCOR.

And queston for author: do you plan on making another command pods using your IVA elements? I woudl love something with larger windows. Like command pod from this mod.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-mpss-nautilus/

Sure it is :)

Up to 2km anyway.

With a custom plugin.

(that doesn't exist)

Well, to be very precise I could extend the physics distance and do it anyway. But the amount of coding and potential pitfalls on the way is such that I'd better say 'not possible' right away -- it's very definitely not possible with the current design of RasterPropMonitor which can't handle remote variable calculators. :)

Is the IVA supposed to look unfinished in 0.6 or did I screw up and not install the necessary props, textures, whatever?

It is supposed to look unfinished, because it isn't finished yet. :) You shouldn't need to install anything extra to get what is actually present in the package to show up, though.

Any lander I build with the ALCOR blows up in orbit when changing the view from one ship to another.

Bizarre, especially considering that you're the only one reporting it. Anything interesting in the logs when that happens?

I've also had this problem. Also, I've had landers with the ALCOR explode when I boarded them after EVA.

Sounds like the usual colliders/exploding hatches issues, though there is a certain chance it's the navball that's blowing them up....

I can't do anything about the pod itself and alexustas is on vacation until the 20th, but if anyone manages to get replication of that on any other pod that includes RPM props, I want to hear about it.

What happened to all the updates this thread used to get? I hope this is still being worked on, it's my favorite part. I'm really looking forward to a matching service module or capsule!

alexustas decided to rearrange the kerbals inside to only have one pilot seat, which slowed things down considerably. Right now he's on vacation with family until the 20th.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.