[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

I just wish they fit together a bit better. An ALCOR pod with a 2.5m base would be very nice. I always seem to end up with a 2.5m base below the ALCOR just to make it wide enough for bumpy landings.

The original plan was to make a series of special blocky tanks and adapters to go with it to make two-stage and single-stage landers, and at this point I was only researching stuff for alexustas. But then he wanted a monitor. Since Firespitter's monitor wasn't enough, I ended up making a monitor and that sidetracked us into the IVA-making department. :)

The original plan was to make a series of special blocky tanks and adapters to go with it to make two-stage and single-stage landers, and at this point I was only researching stuff for alexustas. But then he wanted a monitor. Since Firespitter's monitor wasn't enough, I ended up making a monitor and that sidetracked us into the IVA-making department. :)

And you guys have made some ridiculously awesome stuff in the process. I'm sure you guys will get back to the externals eventually :)

Drats,Looks like the camera only works with you pod from what i have been seeing. Would be nice if it was to pop up on the side kinda liek the docking camera from Romfarer's lazor mod. As I had a forward cam on a space plane to help me try to land it, but didn't know how to make it work then came here and was reminded that it was for this pod. I really LOVE the pod and this mod you have put together, but would be nice to have a Space plane version of this pod for us that like to SSTO, Or make a Space shuttle like launch.

Drats,Looks like the camera only works with you pod from what i have been seeing. Would be nice if it was to pop up on the side kinda liek the docking camera from Romfarer's lazor mod. As I had a forward cam on a space plane to help me try to land it, but didn't know how to make it work then came here and was reminded that it was for this pod. I really LOVE the pod and this mod you have put together, but would be nice to have a Space plane version of this pod for us that like to SSTO, Or make a Space shuttle like launch.

I use the external camera on a KOSMOS TKS-VA spacecraft, and on its launch vehicle. You do have to edit the MFD's config file, although you may be better off using one in the RasterPropMonitor mod, so you don't change the functionality of the ALCOR displays.

Great addon, but im running into an issue. Any time I fly a craft with this pod, after a few minutes (sometimes as few as 3, once as long as 15), my computer crashes and has to restart. Don't remember the exact error message, something about a graphic not being greater than or equal. I'm using Windows 8 if it's any help. Any idea what's causing this? I really do enjoy the pod, but this is kinda ruining it for me at this point.

Great addon, but im running into an issue. Any time I fly a craft with this pod, after a few minutes (sometimes as few as 3, once as long as 15), my computer crashes and has to restart. Don't remember the exact error message, something about a graphic not being greater than or equal. I'm using Windows 8 if it's any help. Any idea what's causing this? I really do enjoy the pod, but this is kinda ruining it for me at this point.

...Wait, the entire computer crashes? Sounds like a graphics driver problem, (There is basically no way to crash the computer from managed code other than by triggering a driver bug) which we're unfortunately powerless to fix. Try updating the graphics drivers?

It is unrealistic to allow 3 kerbals in this tiny lander. I edited it to make it 2 and I highly recommend the OP do the same because there is no way in hell 3 kerbals can fit in there. Its not realistic and kind of cheating. I recommend deleting one of the pilot seats and just having the one pilot seat and pull down back seat. and I really think the interior should be made smaller because this thing is about 1/4th the size of the real life ascent stage of the apollo LEM but from looking at the IVA seems to have the same interior size as it.

Edited by Zander

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.