[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

I can verify it did it again. I made sure to delete the old folders before I installed this version, just to cover that up front.

My test was to go to the vehicle, set up the monitors, switch to the external view, then back to IVA. Each time, the monitors were reset to their defaults. Switching IVA views within the vehicle itself (undocked) did not result in a reset. Only leaving and re-entering that vehicle's IVA seems to trigger the problem.

Cannot reproduce. Do you have any ModuleManager patches that affect ALCOR? Did you update RasterPropMonitor correctly? Doublecheck your resulting part configs (the ones in memory after everything is loaded - you can see them in the debug menu) for this: Every part that has a RasterPropMonitor in it has to have one, and exactly one, "MODULE {name = RasterPropMonitorComputer}" in it's part config.

Cannot reproduce. Do you have any ModuleManager patches that affect ALCOR? Did you update RasterPropMonitor correctly? Doublecheck your resulting part configs (the ones in memory after everything is loaded - you can see them in the debug menu) for this: Every part that has a RasterPropMonitor in it has to have one, and exactly one, "MODULE {name = RasterPropMonitorComputer}" in it's part config.

I'll go over things with a fine-toothed comb. Thanks for the debugging tips. :)

hmm i seem to be having a problem with the new Alcor pod which to be more specific involves the hatch not working which sadly did not work when i had landed my new Alcor lander as a test at the neil armstrong memorial

In what particular way does the hatch 'not work'? You can't go in from outside? You can't exit from inside? What exactly is wrong?

Hey just finished recording a spotlight for you; I'll add commentary for it tomorrow and upload it, then PM you a link to do with as you please (or with your permission, I'll post it here.) While recording I noted that the MechJeb control buttons on the right hand side in the IVA do nothing, but the MechJeb monitor interface works fine. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, but I tried several of the Orbit commands and Target commands with the push toggles and nothing happened, nor did MechJeb register an activation (green light on part, or interface window change).

While recording I noted that the MechJeb control buttons on the right hand side in the IVA do nothing, but the MechJeb monitor interface works fine.

They don't do anything just yet. They will in a future version of RPM. With luck, it might be version 0.14. :)

I wanted to say this capsule is simply amazing. you both made an incredible work and made my landers so cool (too much in fact, I spent a so lot of time to just watch the interior an clic on buttons with "wouaaah" "jesus, so beautiful" "Oooooh" kid with new toy :D ).

I had one an unexpected jour... issue. Due to my amazing piloting skills I landed on da Mün at something like 400m/s. You can imagine what happened... And, I guess not cause if my lander just exploded in billion pieces expanding everywhere and blowed around, the capsule wasn't destroyed (and Jeb was so happy to mess around). The ALCOR bounced on the munar surface three times at too much high speed to survive, anything else mounted on it was blasted and finally it stopped in a ground crack.

I tried to crash this lander four times near the KSC to test and it appeared the ALCOR is REALLY, REALLY tough, perhaps adamantium made :sticktongue:

That was during 0.22 so did you modify this aspect of capsule?

Once again, great job! Keep on guys! :wink:

I tried to crash this lander four times near the KSC to test and it appeared the ALCOR is REALLY, REALLY tough, perhaps adamantium made :sticktongue:

Uh... That isn't supposed to be happening and I'm not sure how this could possibly be happening when it has a crash tolerance of 8, the same as the 1-kerbal lander can.

Could it be there's some other plugin modifying it on your system?

nothing that change the crash tolerance AFAIK. I just tried to crashtest the ALCOR 0.7 and atm the capsule survived quite few times, perhaps ALCOR can absorb impact more efficiently when it doesn't crash straight into the ground, lot of time I had a narrow angle with ground, the capsule bounced of and sometime finally explode after some ricochets what is curious since it survives at a 330m/s impact and explodes after one at 20.

ALCOR with brand new AIES fuel tanks and engine (never used before)

y6p4.png

Really close to straight angle impact...

ygkn.png

And bounce ALCOR better than ground :sticktongue: unfortunaly, it exploded few bounces later at something like 25m/s (and trajectory looked like low gravity like ALCOR was really, really lightweight)

i'll try with a pure stock install to be sure nothing interferes

yep vertically it explodes almost all the time but it seems that if it impacts with a little angle that bounces and perhaps will explode if it impacts on belly or top. Is there a difference on game engine between side and top/belly?

That was very spectacular on the Mün due to the low gravity, the capsule travels a long, long distance :D

yep vertically it explodes almost all the time but it seems that if it impacts with a little angle that bounces and perhaps will explode if it impacts on belly or top. Is there a difference on game engine between side and top/belly?

Sounds like some quirk of the terrain collider because the sides are not round but large and flat -- so it is more likely to slam down with a rib rather than the flat side.

Compare this with the stock Mk1 lander capsule, if it bounces the same way, there's nothing we can do. :)

Will do o7

One last for the laugh:

fxeq.png

9ekz.png

o6qw.png

8dtd.png

You know I spent something like 30 min to only look all over the IVA saying to myself "dude, time to play only with IVA! Oh look that! Oh that's is so.. Satmap Youhouuu!..." And so on :D

In what particular way does the hatch 'not work'? You can't go in from outside? You can't exit from inside? What exactly is wrong?

it would not let the kerbals leave the pod due to Ksp saying it is obstructed even though nothing is in the way although they can enter the pod but not exit

it would not let the kerbals leave the pod due to Ksp saying it is obstructed even though nothing is in the way although they can enter the pod but not exit

This might be difficult to debug - I had the same issue with my module and at the same time, didn't - I couldn't exit on one install but could on another on a different computer. No idea why. edit: both installs were clean and unmodded, same version.

Got it sorted. I didn't realise you had released a new version of RPM as well. Installing that cleared everything up.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.