[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

You're looking at it. :P

Honestly, until the FASA-style LEM is released, there's not much else out there. :(

Unfortunately, FASA isn't stockalike.

I do think it's cool to use it to replicate the Apollo missions, I can't use it with stock parts for other missions.

Seriously modders, why has no one done a proper stockalike lander pod yet? I think we can all agree on the ugliness of the 2.5m lander can.

Then you have noting to do here.... The glass cockpit is a primary element of the mod....

In fact I do, this is the only good looking lander pod capable of holding more than 1 kerbal. It just isn't stockalike. If you can show me a good looking stockalike lander pod, I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOARdV

However, it does not add any Lazor features (like working while detached, if I understand what you're saying) to RPM. I suspect that would require someone to make a plugin for RPM to interface with Lazor, similar to the MechJebRPM and SCANsatRPM plugins.

This is the biggest part we require, the ability to still view the camera whilst still being in IVA from the parent craft!

Do you happen to know who made the scansat and MJ dll's please?!

Quote Originally Posted by MOARdV

However, it does not add any Lazor features (like working while detached, if I understand what you're saying) to RPM. I suspect that would require someone to make a plugin for RPM to interface with Lazor, similar to the MechJebRPM and SCANsatRPM plugins.

This is the biggest part we require, the ability to still view the camera whilst still being in IVA from the parent craft!

Do you happen to know who made the scansat and MJ dll's please?!

That was to use the cam with RPM but it as to stay as 1 vessel is what he said that we still couldn't detach it and use it.

Hi since your publishing stuff any chance we can have that habitat module on the front page, also I was wondering if you would consider making some radial engines to enhance your lander the closest i can get is Yogi's that look half decent here is a pic

IBtWakE.jpg

Mods Used

Aset Alcor / Stackinline lights

AEIS decoupler and RTG power

B9 struts

Fasa Tanks / Landing gear

Laztek Space X docking ring (docks with the dragon capsule and is carried into space by space X heavy)

Kommit nucleonics tordial fuel tank

Klockhead Martian mount points and oms engines and bottom tank

Kw pancake tank internal not visible

Kosmos fuel lines and lights

Talisar small structural beam not visible

Surface mounted lights for the landing spots

RLA stockalike for the small rcs jets

Edited by Virtualgenius

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded this pod today...and I am blown away. I won't want to use another IVA forever!

One question though:

Is this stilll being worked on?

EDIT:

After downloading the capsule and checking the IVA, I have a couple of errors to report.

Spelling Errors

Leftmost Large Screen:

- 1.1, 1.2 – Proper spelling is “Rendezvousâ€Â

- 4.2 – Proper spelling is “Flight Logâ€Â

Buttons on Right side:

- Proper spelling is “Cabin Pres. Autoâ€Â

Pedantic fixes:

-The word “pressure†is normally abbreviated “Pres.â€Â

-Mod is too awesome, might consider fixing this.

Edited by SkyHook

11/02/2014 - v 0.7.5

Capsule exterior:

• A completely new collider that precisely follows the visible shape of the capsule.
  • ReactionWheels power reduced to 7
  • Exterior model now has more detail.
  • Builtin exterior lights:
    Docking Spotlight
    Airlock Floodlight
    Strobe signal lights (currently won’t actually strobe, but hopefully will with the next RPM version)
  • A new texture for the exterior model.

R30ovsJ.png

kyCMn0E.png

Interior:

• MFD models and page configurations have been updated.
  • More autopilot functionality (requires MechJeb to work)
  • Improvements to the central panel.
  • New gauge -- Propellant monitor, which shows the current propellant resources for the current stage and in general, the propellant expended per second, and dV (only reliable if MechJeb is installed)
  • A new Terrain profile monitor page (on the right monitor with the keyboard) displays changes in terrain relief underneath the lander.
  • Internal lighting improved.
  • Interior model improved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.