[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Looking very nice there. Am i seeing two or three different materials in that last scene with different specular amount? Im only just starting out with normalmaps.

I especcially like specularity on the windows. They look like the most lifelike windows iwe seen in any mod atm.

Edited by landeTLS

That picture confuses me.. Since when have there been two big screens laid out like that in front of a seat? :confused:
But the two screens...? There's only one either side of the pilot, not one on top of another.. Is that the layout of the next release?

maybe you just missed this post :)

Looking very nice there. Am i seeing two or three different materials in that last scene with different specular amount? Im only just starting out with normalmaps.

I especcially like specularity on the windows. They look like the most lifelike windows iwe seen in any mod atm.

Unfortunately, it's a NO KSP footage :( There is HDR reflection, which no rendered by ksp/unity engine

Nonetheless Im sure it will still look very nice ingame when converted to ksp shaders. I hadnt thought of having more than one material on different parts of the model and setting diffuse or low spec amount shader on one material and high specularity shader on the other as a workaround for ksps lack of support for seperate specular maps. You just gave me some good ideas:)

Btw. I saw someone working on a reflective plugin that could probably be used to emulate that really high amount of reflection you have in that render in ksp. But im not sure how adaptable that plugin is tho. As whole models in reflective shader usually get a bit silly. But some small details would look nice.

Edited by landeTLS

Nonetheless Im sure it will still look very nice ingame when converted to ksp shaders. I hadnt thought of having more than one material on different parts of the model and setting diffuse shader on one material and specular shader on the other as a workaround for ksps lack of support for seperate specular maps. You just gave me some good ideas:)

Btw. I saw someone working on a reflective plugin that could probably be used to emulate that really high amount of reflection you have in that render in ksp. But im not sure how adaptable that plugin is tho. As whole models in reflective shader usually get a bit silly. But some small details would look nice.

You also can use alpha-channel of your diffuse map like mask for specularity

You also can use alpha-channel of your diffuse map like mask for specularity

Ok thats probably even better. I havent dived into alpha channels yet as i dont fully understand how to use them but the possibilities sound very good

Those look incredible, the texturing is amazing. Awesome work you are doing, love using the ALCOR command pod. Any chance you would release the "Big Bag" as it's own part? Something that could be used by the life support mods out there?

hmmm... The "FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks " already has something similar

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70986-Cargo-Transfer-Bags%28for-TAC-life-support%29-0-5 As well

Btw is the idea that the door out of the pod is actually 2 doors and an airlock? Must be pretty compact, I guess they need to basically get into the fetal position in a suit in there to un/re-pressurize?

Edited by K3|Chris

hmmm... The "FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks " already has something similar

FlexRack has been stuck in development purgatory for months, and to my knowledge the portable payload rack has never been released. And regardless, more options is always good! I would love to have the Big Bag as a part; you could release it with a totally generic config file and allow people to configure it as they see fit (for their life support mod of choice) for personal use.

Unfortunately most life support mods have props that do not really look the part. These containers are pretty an nice.

Btw is the idea that the door out of the pod is actually 2 doors and an airlock? Must be pretty compact, I guess they need to basically get into the fetal position in a suit in there to un/re-pressurize?

I am not sure how the model looks right now, but I can imagine that the whole pod is depressurized. That is what they did on Apollo.

Just gotta say this is a beautiful pod. I love everything about it, and look forward to the additional polish updates. It's not just for landers either, the multitude of screens and info displays make it a perfect station control center as well!

I hope once you are done with the ALCOR that you will consider making a 3m cockpit for interplanetary ships. There aren't any suitable 3m command pods for massive planet explorers, and there really needs to be a proper one.

The Orion from bobcat's america pack is pretty good though you need to tweak it to get it to work, and the interior only has 2 weird custom MFDs, I replaced them with 4 stock RPM screens and then gave the other 4 kerbals one screen each as well.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm aware the other monitors are floating in empty space but I don't how any good props to hold them there so to speak.

I have a quick question. For some reason, the displays in the ALCOR pod are all messed up. They have random letters/numbers across them and some features are not being displayed properly. I don't know if it is a problem on my end or not. Here is an image to better describe my issue:

nC1NkjW.png

and

kZfhDG3.png

I have a quick question. For some reason, the displays in the ALCOR pod are all messed up. They have random letters/numbers across them and some features are not being displayed properly. I don't know if it is a problem on my end or not. Here is an image to better describe my issue:

http://i.imgur.com/nC1NkjW.png

and

http://i.imgur.com/kZfhDG3.png

Do you have a texture compressor? does it happen on all RPM equipped pods or just ALCOR?

Do you have a texture compressor? does it happen on all RPM equipped pods or just ALCOR?

I believe I have a texture compressor, but not one for ALCOR or RPM. It only happens with the ALCOR Pod. Do you think it may be the texture compressor?

and

Look here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-RasterPropMonitor-make-your-IVA-a-glass-cockpit-%28v0-14%29-24-Jan?p=901404&viewfull=1#post901404

I'm having a problem with the autopilot controls. I have the latest MechJeb and the RasterPropMonitor (Both from the links here), but my autopilot controls are covered with the red switchguards, and they do not function. I of course have mechjeb on the craft too :P The accent autopilot, kilrot, +/- orientation, and node/execute buttons are the only ones that function and are clickable. Thanks in advance!

Oh, my, god. Would be awesome use that Kanon with my Bob Hadfield and take pics from it!

Great idea!!

Suggestion: Timed triggered screenshots from that point to make time lapses. Don't know if it's possible, but if it is... wouldn't be that the most awesome feature in any mod?

Edited by Proot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.