[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

On 31/05/2016 at 3:48 PM, nukeboyt said:

It's not working at 100%.   I'm having issues with some buttons not working, after decoupling from another vessel.   I'm looking forward to an update.   I've seen some Alex-Videos that make me sure that this is being worked on.    Hurray! :lol:

Yeah, most of the pod doesn't update after you undock - I was hoping to do an IVA landing, but it thinks I'm still in orbit. You can do IVA docking ok though - I suspect some of the ASET props are to blame, and 3rd-party stuff is working ok. Saved the log off, maybe combing through it will reveal easy fixes.

44 minutes ago, Van Disaster said:

Yeah, most of the pod doesn't update after you undock - I was hoping to do an IVA landing, but it thinks I'm still in orbit. You can do IVA docking ok though - I suspect some of the ASET props are to blame, and 3rd-party stuff is working ok. Saved the log off, maybe combing through it will reveal easy fixes.

That's an RPM bug.  I have a dev build available for anyone willing to try it (with the usual caveats about dev builds).

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

That's an RPM bug.  I have a dev build available for anyone willing to try it (with the usual caveats about dev builds).

I have been testing for about 15 minutes, and the problem no longer seems to exist.    After un-docking, all the buttons work OK.    Thank you for the fix.

Not sure if it is just my imagination, but it seems to be taking a very long time to switch between vessels with the bracket keys [ ] (Probably not RPM related, just wondering if anyone else has noticed same

58 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

I have been testing for about 15 minutes, and the problem no longer seems to exist.    After un-docking, all the buttons work OK.    Thank you for the fix.

Not sure if it is just my imagination, but it seems to be taking a very long time to switch between vessels with the bracket keys [ ] (Probably not RPM related, just wondering if anyone else has noticed same

Yes. The same thing occurs with the Mk1-2 iva replacement

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

Unfortunately, the changes I made to fix the undocking problems add some overhead when switching craft.  Although I may be a bit overzealous with the safety checks.

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

Caveat: I backed out of the RPM changes while trying to diagnose something else, and haven't put them back since my pod is currently landed. I've also noticed that - check your log as you switch to an alcor pod vessel, there's a *lot* going on. I'll try with a much simpler vessel & installation when I have a bit of time.

Problem with buttons not functioning (in ALCOR) after un-docking back after about 1 hr of play.    Was able to save / reload and fix the problem.   Then promptly exited and saved log file to zip.   Sending you link to log file on dropbox file via PM (using dev build from this page)

Edited by nukeboyt

• 2 weeks later...

I put together a set of patches to bring this up to date with modern standards. Tweaks are as follows (to bring in line with mk2landercan largely):

• maxDrag decreased to 0.2 from 0.3
  • maxTemp increased to 1200 from 850; skinMaxTemp to 2000 from 850
  • Added Tags (largely from mk2landercan)
  • nodeSize decreased from size 2 to size 1 (it is a size 1 bulkheadprofile after all)

I also broke out the patches for CLS, Keepfit, and ATM into their own separate configs, instead of the all-included part config current set up. However, I did not change the part config (even though I would have loved to), it's mainly for convenience if you decide to edit things yourself and delete things in the part config. Not ideal, I know.

Additionally, I converted from the old, outdated KASModuleStorage to the new standard KIS Storage - the Lander now has 500 units (in a 6x8 grid) of storage. Feel free to edit to taste.

Lastly, I wrote a patch that converts all the animations from the defunct KR animations to Firespitter animations (Firespitter found here). You can of course use the IVA patch to operate them via IVA as well. This gives you the option of using them via EVA. Oh, and I redid the IVA patch to include a proper :NEEDS check, but (because I didn't want to alter the original downloads) I left in the original IVA patch as well, which will try to apply the ALCOR Adv IVA to the lander even if you don't have ALCOR Props or RPM. Speaking of which, there are also download links for the props packs below.

All the patches are more or less broken out to be modular, and their function is described in the configs. Feel free to delete what you don't like or want. They have checks included so they *shouldn't* conflict, but feel free to disable them anyway if you're uncertain.

Cheers.

LICENSE:

"ALCOR" by Alexustas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

All credit for ALCOR Lander Capsule, ALCOR Advanced IVA, ALCOR Props, and ALCOR Avionics goes to @alexustas.

Contents of ALCOR Tweaks archive is *largely* the work of Deimos Rast, unless noted otherwise (uses a modified Adv IVA Patch, as well as the micro patches pulled from the ALCOR config, with proper credit given in the config, when found). All bugs contained within Tweak archive are sole property of Deimos Rast.:P

LINKS:

ALCOR Lander

ALCOR Adv IVA

ALCOR Tweaks

ALCOR Props

ALCOR Avionics

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Thanx for this, @Deimos Rast :D

Will download when I get home...

Can't let certain treasures die on the vine. Let me know if you can think of any other tweaks. I could probably add in some super minor stuff (like the "Toggle RX" on the Reaction Wheel), but I don't want to get too tweak happy.

I have a pretty tricked out custom version, but I figured I'd tone it down for public release.:sticktongue:

@Deimos Rast Well, the only issue "I" had with the ALCOR for 1.1.0, was a couple props in IVA werent functioning...namely the little digital displays units "velcroed" in several places... the one-line display units, for the clock... Not sure if that was an RPM or ALCOR specific issue, and not sure if "I" was the only one seeing it... I posted about it, back around the time 1.1 dropped, if you want to check back a couple pages...

18 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Can't let certain treasures die on the vine.

Yuppp... I just this AM PMd someone about possibly picking up a couple more, small parts mods... Now if I could just make some good progress on BioMASS, and provide some ACTUAL help on OPT, I could get to work on all the OTHER mods "I" want to release... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

On 5/27/2015 at 7:13 PM, alexustas said:

Ok! :)

After numerous requests, I redid a bit UV-mapping for using only one small texture. and now I can publish this item separately from the whole "Konquest" pack

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4vabmot7cw7jbr/ASET_LandingLegs.zip?dl=0

OzvHuE0h.png

6DPPhJih.png

Was wondering if you have taken a look at these landing legs they are fantastic

29 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

*yoink* I will.

I've been looking at PRC and ERS as well. Hit a bit of a wall with PRC (as I think you read). With ERS I managed to get the wheels to spin and turn (they have an insane turn radius) but for some reason it's like they have no traction. I should add these were Firespitter wheels. Yeah, the ones that seem to have extra explosives in them. :rolleyes:

Didn't spend much time on it, but it's on the list. Cockpit is also opaque now, from the inside which is new. I had the cockpit working fully in 1.0.5, so dunno. *shrug*

I'm a little hesitant to burn too much energy on wheels, since they're suppose to get a major rework again.

But yeah, progress marches on, as it were.:)

49 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@Deimos Rast Well, the only issue "I" had with the ALCOR for 1.1.0, was a couple props in IVA werent functioning...namely the little digital displays units "velcroed" in several places... the one-line display units, for the clock... Not sure if that was an RPM or ALCOR specific issue, and not sure if "I" was the only one seeing it... I posted about it, back around the time 1.1 dropped, if you want to check back a couple pages...

I don't, as of yet, really know my way around Unity or Blender or any such voodoo. What success I've had has been do to using DebugStuff + NodeHelper + raw stubbornness. That combo gets you pretty far it turns out.:D

I feel like the props are such classics that I would need to spend a year learning the tools of the trade before I tried even poking at them graphically. As of now, I'm trying to be as non-invasive as possible, with modular, optional patches, that are easily disabled or deleted, which checks and needs and such.

40 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I feel like the props are such classics that I would need to spend a year learning the tools of the trade before I tried even poking at them graphically. As of now, I'm trying to be as non-invasive as possible, with modular, optional patches, that are easily disabled or deleted, which checks and needs and such.

The problem I had with them seemed more like a .dll or .cfg issue, NOT the models/textures... The problem was, IIRC, they were displaying "NaN" or was it "--:--:--".... The INFO they were/were not displaying, NOT the visuals of the props...

43 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I don't, as of yet, really know my way around Unity or Blender or any such voodoo. What success I've had has been do to using DebugStuff + NodeHelper + raw stubbornness. That combo gets you pretty far it turns out.:D

Hmmm... I've been using TWO of the three... :)
I've even had DebugStuff installed for awhile, just havent gotten around to trying it yet...lol

Following chit-chat on Github, along with a few recent comments by @MOARdV, lead me to believe that the return of Mr. @alexustas might be not all that far off.   I for one am very excited!!   Alex's IVA's and dV++'s RPM are the reason I still play KSP.   But of course, this hope of a "glorious" return (thanks @Kottabos) may just be wishful thinking on my part. :D

And thank you to @Deimos Rast for the configs!

17 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

Following chit-chat on Github, along with a few recent comments by @MOARdV, lead me to believe that the return of Mr. @alexustas might be not all that far off.   I for one am very excited!!   Alex's IVA's and dV++'s RPM are the reason I still play KSP.   But of course, this hope of a "glorious" return (thanks @Kottabos) may just be wishful thinking on my part. :D

rock on glad to hear it; obviously when he comes back I'll retire my stuff (or sooner at request)

Edited by Deimos Rast

34 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

The problem I had with them seemed more like a .dll or .cfg issue, NOT the models/textures... The problem was, IIRC, they were displaying "NaN" or was it "--:--:--".... The INFO they were/were not displaying, NOT the visuals of the props...

Hmm, was it consistent? Which props were they? The little kitchen timers by chance?

Assuming you had proper dependencies, best I could probably do is check for obvious errors in the internals config. Basically, not much. MoarDV is probably better suited for that kind of surgery.

Edited by Deimos Rast

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

NaN or --:--:-- messages are 95% likely plugin (DLL) issues. If you're on the latest RPM and they're still there, there is a chance that the prop was using a deprecated (and no longer available) variable.  If you can figure out which prop it is, I may be able to see what the config should be.

1 hour ago, nukeboyt said:

If you take a look at the ASET Props pack thread, alexustas posted there yesterday.  In summary: yes, he's still around.  Yes, he's working on the props and the ALCOR lander (and the Mk1-2 IVA).  No, they're not ready yet.  They may take a while - the new props pack will have around 230 models (new and/or reworked) and 1000 configs. He is updating them to take advantage of performance changes I put in to v0.27.0 and v0.27.1 of RasterPropMonitor.  Some of the new props are previewed in my FlightSystemsRedux mod from last fall/winter.  Some are in DeputyLOL's B737 cockpit mod, and others are pretty easy to locate if one looks at recent (last couple of months) traffic on the RPM GitHub issues page.  There's a lot in the pipeline, and it may take a little while longer, but it will be worth it.

41 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

NaN or --:--:-- messages are 95% likely plugin (DLL) issues. If you're on the latest RPM and they're still there, there is a chance that the prop was using a deprecated (and no longer available) variable.  If you can figure out which prop it is, I may be able to see what the config should be.

If you take a look at the ASET Props pack thread, alexustas posted there yesterday.  In summary: yes, he's still around.  Yes, he's working on the props and the ALCOR lander (and the Mk1-2 IVA).  No, they're not ready yet.  They may take a while - the new props pack will have around 230 models (new and/or reworked) and 1000 configs. He is updating them to take advantage of performance changes I put in to v0.27.0 and v0.27.1 of RasterPropMonitor.  Some of the new props are previewed in my FlightSystemsRedux mod from last fall/winter.  Some are in DeputyLOL's B737 cockpit mod, and others are pretty easy to locate if one looks at recent (last couple of months) traffic on the RPM GitHub issues page.  There's a lot in the pipeline, and it may take a little while longer, but it will be worth it.

That's mighty encouraging. It's also above my paygrade. I'm just keeping the embers burning, as it were.

He, and you, can take as long as you like. Don't matter much to me. Can't rush masterpieces.

Thanks for the update.:)

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Hmm, was it consistent? Which props were they? The little kitchen timers by chance?

Yes...those... It was the same behaviour for every one of them...

I think there was an issue with info display on one of the RPM orbital display screens as well... They were very minor issues... Thats why I didnt really pursue it... AND I havent actually PLAYED, KSP since 1.0.5... Just been mod testing & dev'ing since 1.1.0 dropped...

15 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I have a pretty tricked out custom version, but I figured I'd tone it down for public release.:sticktongue:

I don't suppose you could be persuaded to share that version? I also have made a bunch of patches for the pod over the years, but generally just revolving around keeping existing functionality going ( like the KIS inventory ). The pod is the only thing that drags me away from spaceplanes, so it would be nice to have a full featured one :)

Landing gear changed *completely* in 1.1, so I'm not sure how successful you'll really be fixing up old gear. Given it is likely going to change completely in 1.2 I'm also not sure you really want to put that much effort into it.

On 6/30/2016 at 3:10 PM, Virtualgenius said:

Did some poking and they turned out half way decent & half way janky. Some deploy fine, others get all cripple-limbed or flop-footed (those are technical terms:D). Possibly an issue with Bogey module (as this is the first time I've messed with it) or ground offsets. Successfully converted ModuleWheelBase, ModuleSuspension, and ModuleDeployment - so basically all the hard ones. Possible I picked the wrong transform somewhere and the game is just throwing me a bone (but not throwing any errors).

Below is how they all deployed. The ones in the back, which you can't see... the feet sort of shuffle around. Very weird.

I might be punching above my weight class, but it's yielding results, so will continue poking.

If anyone has any ideas or wants the config for testing purposes (as I wouldn't really recommend trying to use them yet in a live game), let me know.

q9ZySj9.png?1

You can load existing .mu files into Blender - Taniwha's exporter plugin is also an importer, so you can find out exactly what each part is called. You might end up with all the colliders imported too which is a pain, but not big deal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.