[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

3652+951

TWR of 0.52, 0.82 ( 3.15, 4.92 on the mun).

Btw any plans to integrate RCS thrusters into the pod? Would be nice to reduce part-count, and I can't find any thrusters that look nice/fit well on the pod.

Edited by K3|Chris

Hi i love the new iva stuff and the new model/textures. Btw how would you feel about using or just referencing a normalmap in the unity config. The capsule would look even better than now with some normal map details i think. This would also save me the time of doing this myself every time the model gets updated:P

Here is the pod with a carbon fiber normalmap i made for the chaka monkey Project over a placeholder diffuse map some time ago to show what kind of details is possible to achieve

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This map itself is only 512x512px so it almost dont add any extra memory usage

Edited by landeTLS

heh nice, though that small engine fits inside the top tank, no need for the orange radials :)

M-SE, MODC-2, Galaxy VR-2, EX SAT1 all fit inside that hollow cylinder in the TOE tank, it's up-side-down by default with the side with the hole facing up, turn it around.

Edited by K3|Chris

3652+951

TWR of 0.52, 0.82 ( 3.15, 4.92 on the mun).

Btw any plans to integrate RCS thrusters into the pod? Would be nice to reduce part-count, and I can't find any thrusters that look nice/fit well on the pod.

Try the RLA Stockalike ones he has some tiny square type ones

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/rla-stockalike-0-1/

Hi i love the new iva stuff and the new model/textures. Btw how would you feel about using or just referencing a normalmap in the unity config. The capsule would look even better than now with some normal map details i think. This would also save me the time of doing this myself every time the model gets updated:P

-snip-

As much as I love the A.L.C.O.R, I have to agree with landeTLS, any additional normal mapping would definitely look better than current photo-realistic textures you've on it.:wink:

Edit: Never mind, Alex delivered. cue happy dance.

Edited by specs

Here is the Part with added 'KSP/Bumped Specular' shader (and some really quiky test normal map)

http://www./download/s6sghrjudkj176u/ALCOR_LanderCapsule_Part.rar

Edited by alexustas

heh nice, though that small engine fits inside the top tank, no need for the orange radials :)

M-SE, MODC-2, Galaxy VR-2, EX SAT1 all fit inside that hollow cylinder in the TOE tank, it's up-side-down by default with the side with the hole facing up, turn it around.

Didn't realise that, thanks!

I love the design of the MFD and the text display and layout, do you nor Mihara not accept donations? I know some serious work went into this and wouldn't mind donating. IMO this should be included into stock come the big IVA rework patch.

I love the design of the MFD and the text display and layout, do you nor Mihara not accept donations? I know some serious work went into this and wouldn't mind donating. IMO this should be included into stock come the big IVA rework patch.

Thanks, egreSS , and thanks to everyone who helps and supports me doing this mod

OMFG :D Did you just were able to animate it or did Mihara helping you, supposing it is coming in RPM....

Yes, it's some tricky using of the RPM animation features.

The "InternalSeat" GameObject is linked with model of seat and the animation of this model is performed by the RPM module

Btw not sure if it's a bug or not but I think the buttons for the 3 interior lights are backwards, they're lit up when the lights are off, while the 3 external light buttons are the reverse, they light up when the lights are on.

nope, that is not a bug, i have do that specially. wanna light buttons gotta be loud looking in the dark

Edited by alexustas

Makes logical sense but for me it feels backwards and inconsistent to have one the other way around, disregard my OCD.

Btw what about the interior lights showing through the windows? B9 style:

OmBHIg8.jpg

All 3 windows would be cool, possibly the hatch's window? And the top window should respect the blinds open/closed, no idea how much work that would be obviously, would be a neat addition if it's not a lot of work.

Btw made a drop-pod out of the ALCOR using 2 stretchable conic tanks to "shroud" the bottom and make it drop-pod shaped and a Mk1-2 pod's heat shield from DRE:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Quite happy with it, my mainstay shuttle design, use it to ferry kerbals to and from orbit.

Edited by K3|Chris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.