[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

This is absolutely wonderful and beautiful. Last night I ran a Minmus flyby entirely from IVA and map view, with the game HUD off 98% of the time (was planning to land, but I didn't have enough delta-V).

My only issue is that the cockpit interior is too bright for my tastes:

IgIulOV.png

That's with all interior lighting off. IMO, that brightness level above should be cabin flood, cockpit light should be a dim ambiance, and display backlight should be required to see the displays as high-contrast as they are. If all light are off, the only thing visible should be dim glow from the displays and button backlights.

I want to be able to fly over Kerbin, lights out, nothing to see but the clouds and stars :)

EDIT: is there a trick to get the cockpit buttons for MJ working? I have the near-latest dev version of it, RPM, and the RPM-MJ plugin.

Edited by Zeroignite

To be honest with it really isnt that bright. Looking at your screen cap compared to my cockpit its not even close to the same level of brightness. Even with all the cabin lights on its nearly as bright as that. Maybe some of your exterior lights are breaking through and making it look that bright? Look at the first page thats exactly what mine looks like.

EDIT: is there a trick to get the cockpit buttons for MJ working? I have the near-latest dev version of it, RPM, and the RPM-MJ plugin.

Perhaps this:

Ok. RPM 0.15 now available!

To unlock MJ buttons in ALCOR 0.7.5 find GameData\ASET\ALCOR_LanderCapsule\Spaces\ALCORInternals3\internal.cfg and replace it with this file

Edit: Hmm, seems the quote screws up the path a bit. The path should be: ~\GameData\ASET\ALCOR_LanderCapsule\Spaces\ALCORInternals3\internal.cfg

Edit 2: Seems to be putting a space in the ALCORInternals3 part of that where there should not be one...even does it with the quoted post...odd.

Edited by Einarr

The only issue I have is that I have let it go into space or let it burn up in the atmosphere. Yes I know I can strap some chutes to the side and return to Kerbin in it and it wont blow up. That just means you have to make a capsule just as good as this lander.

Edit: Or add a heat shield. Im not picky just so long as it has the capability of returning safely to Kerbin.

My only issue is that the cockpit interior is too bright for my tastes:

That's with all interior lighting off. IMO, that brightness level above should be cabin flood, cockpit light should be a dim ambiance, and display backlight should be required to see the displays as high-contrast as they are. If all light are off, the only thing visible should be dim glow from the displays and button backlights.

I want to be able to fly over Kerbin, lights out, nothing to see but the clouds and stars :)

If I’m getting this right, you have a lamp on the outside of the vessel, and it’s shining in. Unfortunately, almost all of the exterior lights are set up to shine through walls. :(

If I’m getting this right, you have a lamp on the outside of the vessel, and it’s shining in. Unfortunately, almost all of the exterior lights are set up to shine through walls. :(
No luck there. I have experienced omnilights going through walls... in this case the only light on the ship is a Mk1 Illuminator at the bottom of the lander --- and toggling that has no effect.

I tried completely removing ALCOR, redownloading, and reinstalling. No change.

Other mods that might be causing problems, even though searching showed no incompatibility report: Distant Object Enhancements, Texture Replacer... both of those would surprise me as culprits. If needed I can try to dig up a complete mod list once I'm back at my home computer.

And... yeah, the UI greatness of ALCOR makes it difficult to use any other command module. I'd love 1m and 2m pods, and maybe an inline cockpit... but don't stress yourself, 'cause you're awesome.

Wow, I can't wait to try the new version with vessel viewer! Also the new abort button looks awesome. I'll have to use a big dose of self restraint to not push it :P It's so juicy! But, seriusly, this and KerbTrack will do wonders for immersion :)

Also, @everyone asking about capsule IVA, have you seen page 86? No? You might have a pleasant surprise ;)

@Zeroignite: The B9 Aerospace pack has some nice inline cockpits with decent IVAs. Granted, they are not as detailed as the ALCOR pod here, but they do have RPM screens at least, and are generally as good as the IVAs for stock parts, if not better...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.