[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

Btw shrouded the alcor lander can into somewhat of a drop-pod shape complete with a heat shield: http://imgur.com/a/mMQ56

It's not perfect obviously, the bottom window is blocked and it looks a bit goofy merging an angular shape like the pod with a perfectly circular part, but I quite like it.

I need to know how you did this. I'm using Deadly Reentry so I have to use a heat shield and I can't figure out how to make it work/look as good. ;.;

Nope. Unless the 5m fairings aren't big enough, I refuse to install PF. Nothing against it, I just prefer the challenge of restricted space. That, and PF can look ridiculous sometimes.

You can artificially restrict pFairings though, and you can adjust them if needed, they're generally a bit bigger than needed erring on the side of caution, can pull em back.

I agree however launching something massive like a pre-assembled space station with them in a fairing that looks like a ball is silly, but that doesn't really work with FAR anymore, you can't control something shaped like that, you end up flying backwards.

... but that doesn't really work with FAR anymore, you can't control something shaped like that, you end up flying backwards.

hmm... I just brought this rocket into orbit with FAR :)

3bFDho3.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.