[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

I think it's time to make the same thing with a command module now. :D

Like this?

He worked on it in the past. I don't know what phase of development he is at with it. But I am sure once he is done with KONQUEST he will get back to it.

Same thing different video.

Edited by sp1989

I have a question. I remember there was a guy (or several who knows) that was able to rescale this to be 2.5m rather than the regular 1.25m.

Naturally, I'm wondering how possible that would be to do myself. I think the way they did it was just a simple .cfg change, but I don't really know what would have to be changed within it to make that work. If it took more than that (IE, an actual model edit) I won't bother, but if it is just a .cfg edit, I'd definitely like the option.

Like this?
He worked on it in the past. I don't know what phase of development he is at with it. But I am sure once he is done with KONQUEST he will get back to it.

Same thing different video.

Oh yeah, I remember this one. If the IVA has the same quality as ALCOR, I think I won't need the stock pods anymore :)

I have a question. I remember there was a guy (or several who knows) that was able to rescale this to be 2.5m rather than the regular 1.25m.

Naturally' date=' I'm wondering how possible that would be to do myself. I think the way they did it was just a simple .cfg change, but I don't really know what would have to be changed within it to make that work. If it took more than that (IE, an actual model edit) I won't bother, but if it is just a .cfg edit, I'd definitely like the option.[/quote']

You can edit the ALCOR_LanderCapsule where you see

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = ALCORcapsule.mu

scale = 1

rescaleFactor = 1 <--------here change rescaleFactor = 1.5

and check size might have to go rescaleFactor = 2.0 but try 1.5 first.

I'm not sure if you're talking crazy, but I'm pretty sure you're talking incomprehensible. I don't understand what exactly do you want, and what, exactly, do you wish that I would do to help you.

Please try saying that differently, English is not my native language as everyone probably knows. :)

english is also my first (and currently only) language but i am usuallly good at understanding gibberish so i will just take stab at trying to make sense of that....

hmm i think he is saying that he plans on using docking ports on the ALCOR to allow for new types of vehicles that he can interchange out in the field using rcs or kas, and i htink he is wondering if the ALCOR will one day have its own rcs ports or a docking port for that purpose.....

then again i could be completely wrong so yeah...

Actually you are not wrong, this is exactly the way i would have phrased it, if i took the time to do so, but yeah.

But yeah i am currently looking for a sleek normal? sized docking port that fits a perfectly with the ALCOR

And currently i trying, in my own way, to a Single Stage Orbit Vertical Lift-Off&Landing with the ALCOR as its Core

Using the horizontal side for structure and resources while using top&bottom for Crew transfer

I don't get this :( I had this working under 0.24. Then, I reinstalled my entire KSP to make sure I got newer versions of all the mods (including newer version of ALCOR). I installed everything from OP. For some reason I see only the normal pod interior now in the capsule. What has happened?

Excellent interior! All the details makes me see have have much time and effort you have put into this project!

I have had some issues though, earlier today when I was done playing and returned to the KSC main screen, the camera was stuck between R&D and the VAB, unable to move and to reach the tracking station. When I tried to press exit, I just ended up moving into the VAB due to the exit-button reaching it. I do not know what cause this, but I am sure it is because of mods not interacting correctly between each other.

But nevertheless, fantastic work, I love the command pod!

Edit: I can of course press escape to exit, so that is not a problem. The big problem is that I'm unable to reach the tracking station, so everytime I want to go to another craft I have to launch something, and then go to the orbit map. I'll try to remove every mod I think cause the problem one by one.

Here's a picture:

tQje4Dt.png

Edited by Thorium

Would that be possible to have a low-profile ascent module (basically a toroidal fuel tank with a probe-sized engine in it) and a dedicated descent module (legs, KAS containers and ladders) for ALCOR? Stock doesn't really fit with the capsule's style, I'd love something more streamlined, maybe also LEM-inspired.

Excellent interior! All the details makes me see have have much time and effort you have put into this project!

I have had some issues though, earlier today when I was done playing and returned to the KSC main screen, the camera was stuck between R&D and the VAB, unable to move and to reach the tracking station. When I tried to press exit, I just ended up moving into the VAB due to the exit-button reaching it. I do not know what cause this, but I am sure it is because of mods not interacting correctly between each other.

But nevertheless, fantastic work, I love the command pod!

Edit: I can of course press escape to exit, so that is not a problem. The big problem is that I'm unable to reach the tracking station, so everytime I want to go to another craft I have to launch something, and then go to the orbit map. I'll try to remove every mod I think cause the problem one by one.

Here's a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/tQje4Dt.png

I have had the big since the .24 update. I have not looked but I would wager it's a known bug. I got that glitch with a vanilla install.

Would that be possible to have a low-profile ascent module (basically a toroidal fuel tank with a probe-sized engine in it) and a dedicated descent module (legs, KAS containers and ladders) for ALCOR? Stock doesn't really fit with the capsule's style, I'd love something more streamlined, maybe also LEM-inspired.

I have always thought the same thing. The thing that kills me is leaving the awesome capsule in space for the stock capsul or anything else to return to Kerbin.

I have had the big since the .24 update. I have not looked but I would wager it's a known bug. I got that glitch with a vanilla install.

Yeah, it triggers when the staging list in the editor covers the Exit button. You click Exit, KSP gets confused and breaks. It's a known bug with stock.

@saegio - do you have Module Manager installed as well? The lack of RPM in IVA indicates that it (ALCOR IVA) is not being applied - either it doesn't exist or MM doesn't exist/is failing to apply the changes.

And the correct version, even if its the same version number? Because i had a wrong/modified version of Modulemanager 2.2.0 which got me ALCOR (B) pod withouth the nice stuff

In particular ModuleManager 2.2.0 appears to be unable to correctly coexist with previous versions, even though it's supposed to.

Do u have a ModuleManager installed??

hmm I actually got multiple versions from different mods:

ModuleManager.2.0.7

ModuleManager.2.1.5

ModuleManager.2.2.0

ModuleManager_1_5_6

ModuleManager_1_5_7

Actually I am having the same problem no IVA with MM 2.2.0.

EDIT: Scratch that there was an old version of Module Manager hidden in Vessel View. All is well.

Edited by sp1989

hmm I actually got multiple versions from different mods:

ModuleManager.2.0.7

ModuleManager.2.1.5

ModuleManager.2.2.0

ModuleManager_1_5_6

ModuleManager_1_5_7

thank you that did the trick!

guys was there another update to 0.24.1?

(cause I m getting a few error messages again from a few mods or this due to deleting some of the MMs?)

In 0.24.1 my ALCOR Pod interior is the same as MK 102 pod :(

FIXED

Forgot to install :-

ASET ALCOR_IVA_Patch_0.9+External Camera

ASET Props Pack v1.0.1

All is working now thanks for this fantastic mod very immersive.

Edited by LMA

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.