[1.12.*] Deadly Reentry v7.9.0 The Barbie Edition, Aug 5th, 2021

Starwaster

2 hours ago, Kurtvw said:

Ok, so clearly I huffed some bad mushrooms or something.  Nope, windows 64bit...  Not linux.  Perhaps I got (un)lucky...?

I swear that somewhere you'd said that 7.3.2. was 1.1 (x64) good... But I'm reading it again and either I imagined it or you're made of evil magic :-)

I'm sorry, I really did think I saw you say you were 1.1 (x64) built and ready for action.

Sorry for wasting your time.  But hey, heads up, @Starwaster, your not yet 1.1 (x64) build can totally murder sub-orbital kerbals at the Mun.  Just sayin... Derp

Damn I feel stupid... I really did think you said this build was good for my install.  How's your weekend?

Most of my weekend has been spent working out how to best use and abuse Deadly Reentry players, especially with the new inflatable heat shield, which if I can work it out properly will only be useful in shallow reentries. Unfortunately, punishing steep reentries makes it harder to do missions like the IRVE-2 or IRVE-3. Probably will be easier to do with Realism Overhaul / RSS whereas stock just has a really thin line.

And to answer your question: Yes, you did imagine that I said 7.3.2 was KSP 1.1 compatible but you're also correct that I am made of evil magic. Goat's blood evil in fact. (Kids in the Hall reference for those who might remember)

Ok, so I wasn't going to update again for KSP 1.0.5 but I couldn't leave the final 1.0.5 release in the state it was in.

v7.3.3

• Fixed DefaultSettings.cfg file so Kerbals don't die so easy from g-forces
  • Added handling for Realism Overhaul so that g-force survivability is more believable

Note that this is actually a hot fix replacement of the 7.3.2 release

https://github.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/releases/latest

Edited by Starwaster

Hey @Starwaster! First, lemme thank you for DRE. :)

Second.. really laughed at your IM THE MODDER NEED MORE INFO pic.

Third, that guy who said about incompatibility with KIS/KAS was, well, right. But I haz logz! Here we go.

KSP 1.1 x64, DRE 7.4.0.

Testing environment: shiny clean KSP 1.1 install with three mods: KAS, KIS, DeadlyReentry. The stock MK1 capsule on the launchpad, Bill Kerman inside ready to rock.

Now to the log. This is what I get once I EVA and try to equip the electric screwdriver:

Spoiler

[LOG 15:51:36.648] [F: 6870]: [00:00:00]: Bill Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.
[LOG 15:51:36.650] Items transfer | source mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft) (0)
[LOG 15:51:36.651] Items transfer | destination: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman)
[EXC 15:51:36.673] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.ProcessDamage ()
    DeadlyReentry.ModuleAeroReentry.OnStart (StartState state)
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
    Part+<Start>c__Iterator25.MoveNext ()
[LOG 15:51:36.740] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ---------------------- 

Without DeadlyReentry KIS works fine. But I want DRE really badly!!1 /babycry

Thank you for your work! Moar sarcasm and evilness! xD

Edited by atomontage

2 hours ago, atomontage said:

Hey @Starwaster! First, lemme thank you for DRE. :)

Second.. really laughed at your IM THE MODDER NEED MORE INFO pic.

Third, that guy who said about incompatibility with KIS/KAS was, well, right. But I haz logz! Here we go.

KSP 1.1 x64, DRE 7.4.0.

Testing environment: shiny clean KSP 1.1 install with three mods: KAS, KIS, DeadlyReentry. The stock MK1 capsule on the launchpad, Bill Kerman inside ready to rock.

Now to the log. This is what I get once I EVA and try to equip the electric screwdriver:

Hide contents

[LOG 15:51:36.648] [F: 6870]: [00:00:00]: Bill Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.
[LOG 15:51:36.650] Items transfer | source mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft) (0)
[LOG 15:51:36.651] Items transfer | destination: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman)
[EXC 15:51:36.673] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 15:51:36.740] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ---------------------- 

Without DeadlyReentry KIS works fine. But I want DRE really badly!!1 /babycry

Thank you for your work! Moar sarcasm and evilness! xD

Well, it would be nice to see a little more, especially the part where you actually try to get the screwdriver. (btw, the new logging system allows players to insert comments into the log at the debug screen)

But that nullref exception is something that I've fixed in the next update and it does seem to be possible to equip things (limited testing) so I'll try to get that update pushed out soon

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

Well, it would be nice to see a little more, especially the part where you actually try to get the screwdriver. (btw, the new logging system allows players to insert comments into the log at the debug screen)

But that nullref exception is something that I've fixed in the next update and it does seem to be possible to equip things (limited testing) so I'll try to get that update pushed out soon

The screenshot in case you need it:

Spoiler

uaqs3S6.png
Although the screwdriver seems to be equipped, it actually is not and the model will soon float away.

Updated log now:

Spoiler

[WRN 19:33:42.095] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 19:33:42.096] Time: 4:33:42 PM
[WRN 19:33:42.096] Comment: BEFORE EVA
[WRN 19:33:42.096] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 19:33:46.903] [F: 9033]: [00:00:00]: Bill Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.
[LOG 19:33:46.904] Items transfer | source mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft) (0)
[LOG 19:33:46.907] Items transfer | destination: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman)
[EXC 19:33:46.928] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 19:33:47.070] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:33:47.072] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Bill Kerman
[WRN 19:33:47.081] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:33:47.901] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsAltitude
[LOG 19:33:50.158] [AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. CGN-111!
[WRN 19:34:02.505] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 19:34:02.506] Time: 4:34:02 PM
[WRN 19:34:02.507] Comment: BEFORE INVENTORY OPEN
[WRN 19:34:02.507] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[EXC 19:34:10.054] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop, Boolean uiSnd)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.ShowInventory ()
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
    UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[LOG 19:34:13.801] [AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. MUS-193!
[WRN 19:34:20.845] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 19:34:20.846] Time: 4:34:20 PM
[WRN 19:34:20.847] Comment: ATTEMPTING TO EQUIP
[WRN 19:34:20.847] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 19:34:24.786] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver
[EXC 19:34:24.788] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop, Boolean uiSnd)
    KIS.KIS_Item.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Equip ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Another little thing is that with DRE installed the action menu button that opens inventory reads 'ShowInventory'. The default KIS label is just 'Inventory'. 

Edited by atomontage

3 hours ago, atomontage said:

The screenshot in case you need it:

Reveal hidden contents

uaqs3S6.png
Although the screwdriver seems to be equipped, it actually is not and the model will soon float away.

Updated log now:

Hide contents

[WRN 19:33:42.095] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 19:33:42.096] Time: 4:33:42 PM
[WRN 19:33:42.096] Comment: BEFORE EVA
[WRN 19:33:42.096] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 19:33:46.903] [F: 9033]: [00:00:00]: Bill Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.
[LOG 19:33:46.904] Items transfer | source mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft) (0)
[LOG 19:33:46.907] Items transfer | destination: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman)
[EXC 19:33:46.928] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 19:33:47.070] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:33:47.072] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Bill Kerman
[WRN 19:33:47.081] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:33:47.901] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsAltitude
[LOG 19:33:50.158] [AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. CGN-111!
[WRN 19:34:02.505] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 19:34:02.506] Time: 4:34:02 PM
[WRN 19:34:02.507] Comment: BEFORE INVENTORY OPEN
[WRN 19:34:02.507] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[EXC 19:34:10.054] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
[LOG 19:34:13.801] [AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. MUS-193!
[WRN 19:34:20.845] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 19:34:20.846] Time: 4:34:20 PM
[WRN 19:34:20.847] Comment: ATTEMPTING TO EQUIP
[WRN 19:34:20.847] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 19:34:24.786] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver
[EXC 19:34:24.788] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.KIS_Item.Equip ()
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Another little thing is that with DRE installed the action menu button that opens inventory reads 'ShowInventory'. The default KIS label is just 'Inventory'. 

My guess is that  KIS depends on OnStart() initializing the inventory or its menu or both and DRE is going first and that nullref is halting code execution before KSP gets to KIS. So it never gets initialized with the result that parts of it are left null. (null ref)

The latest build of DRE checks for KerbalEVA and doesn't try to initialize its damage fields and disables its damage code entirely. That should solve the KIS problem. I'll push 7.4.1 tonight. My main obstacle is continuing to balance parts, but that can wait for the next update if necessary.

9 hours ago, Starwaster said:

My guess is that  KIS depends on OnStart() initializing the inventory or its menu or both and DRE is going first and that nullref is halting code execution before KSP gets to KIS. So it never gets initialized with the result that parts of it are left null. (null ref)

The latest build of DRE checks for KerbalEVA and doesn't try to initialize its damage fields and disables its damage code entirely. That should solve the KIS problem. I'll push 7.4.1 tonight. My main obstacle is continuing to balance parts, but that can wait for the next update if necessary.

Thats cool man! I've just checked your repository - it didn't contain any new builds, just wanted to test it out and play with it if its stable enough. Its ok, I can wait for the actual release. Keep rocking! There's always more ppl who must BURN during reentry and flip their tables!

Edited by atomontage

Deadly Reentry version 7.4.2

https://github.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/releases/tag/v7.4.2

A word about the inflatable heat shield so you aren't caught by surprise: It has been rebalanced so as not to be as overpowered as in stock, where it has excessive thermal mass. Now the part's thermal mass overall has been reduced to normal levels. Its skin thermal mass has received a more modest boost and and its part mass cut by 33%. The end result is that this part is best used for high altitude shallow aerobraking. It can probably still survive most Kerbin reentries, even on Mun returns but YMMV dependent on total entry mass. (this is one area where its reduced mass will work for you). For Eve aerocapture/braking, you are better off aiming above 75km pe. (any lower and incoming heat flux will overwhelm you)

• Updated and compiled for KSP 1.1
  • fixed crewGMin
  • DRToolBar compatibility update for KSP 1.1
  • Minor refactoring of DRToolBar
  • Implemented DR menu input locking.
  • Convection flux display format change to W/cm2
  • Changed flight logging to use LogEvent
  • Disable damage system and menu for EVAed Kerbals
  • Updated configs for KSP 1.1 (landing gear, inflatable heat shield)
  • Inflatable heat shield rebalanced to be less overpowered. (use it for high altitude aerobraking/aerocapture)
  • scale gforce kill chance by delta time (uses statistical probability rather than linear scaling)
  • Updated versioning and readme files
  • Fixed nullref error for KerbalEVA
Edited by Starwaster
updated link

Great to see the (pre) release, but there is something royally wrong with G-forge damage - I just had my entire crew killed within 90 seconds of launch (never exceeded 2.5G, mostly 1.5-2).  "Reaching G--limit" appears almost instantly from launch.

Edit: Yep, pretty consistent - seems like minimal G at which effects start to stack is 0.  Eagerly waiting for the update, back to stock for now.

Edited by Tau137

22 minutes ago, Tau137 said:

Great to see the (pre) release, but there is something royally wrong with G-forge damage - I just had my entire crew killed within 90 seconds of launch (never exceeded 2.5G, mostly 1.5-2).  "Reaching G--limit" appears almost instantly from launch.

Edit: Yep, pretty consistent - seems like minimal G at which effects start to stack is 0.  Eagerly waiting for the update, back to stock for now.

Same here. 1.5g of acceleration and it says Reaching G limit.

1 hour ago, Tau137 said:

I assume you're talking about 7.4.1 which is not a prerelease but rather the full official Deadly Reentry for KSP 1.1

Not that it matters because (guess what) I broke something that I had previously fixed.

I'll fix the download but in the meantime you can correct it by going to the DRE menu (toolbar button looks like a little capsule with shockwave) and change

• Crew G Min to 5
  • Crew G Warn to 2500000
  • Crew G Limit to 5000000

@atomontage copying you in on this since you replied while I was replying

Edit: Correction, new official warn/limit are officially bumped up. Net result is that you can survive a full 6 g for over a minute and 10g for about 20 seconds. (the duration at which you are warned is half of the lethal limit). This is actually less lenient than real life, but because of stock game scaling we make things a little harder.

Edited by Starwaster
adjusted crew g limits again

Updated again. Full change log posted again for reference. (link in previous update fixed to point to the new update and the old one removed so nobody accidentally downloads a bad update)

Deadly Reentry version 7.4.2

https://github.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/releases/tag/v7.4.2

A word about the inflatable heat shield so you aren't caught by surprise: It has been rebalanced so as not to be as overpowered as in stock, where it has excessive thermal mass. Now the part's thermal mass overall has been reduced to normal levels. Its skin thermal mass has received a more modest boost and and its part mass cut by 33%. The end result is that this part is best used for high altitude shallow aerobraking. It can probably still survive most Kerbin reentries, even on Mun returns but YMMV dependent on total entry mass. (this is one area where its reduced mass will work for you). For Eve aerocapture/braking, you are better off aiming above 75km pe. (any lower and incoming heat flux will overwhelm you)

• Updated and compiled for KSP 1.1
  • fixed crewGMin (for real this time. Seriously!)
  • DRToolBar compatibility update for KSP 1.1
  • Minor refactoring of DRToolBar
  • Implemented DR menu input locking.
  • Convection flux display format change to W/cm2
  • Changed flight logging to use LogEvent
  • Disable damage system and menu for EVAed Kerbals
  • Updated configs for KSP 1.1 (landing gear, inflatable heat shield)
  • Inflatable heat shield rebalanced to be less overpowered. (use it for high altitude aerobraking/aerocapture)
  • scale gforce kill chance by delta time (uses statistical probability rather than linear scaling)
  • Updated versioning and readme files
  • Fixed nullref error for KerbalEVA

Great, thank you!  DR is a must-have for me, but one thing I noticed though is that it is not nearly as deadly as it used to be (~6 months ago), practically comparable to stock (have not managed to burn-up yet, except for tumbling mishaps involving timewarp; even 25km re-entry from Minmus is a joke, did not even go through ablative shield).  Was this intentional or is it just waiting for re-balance?

Edited by Tau137

1 hour ago, Tau137 said:

Great, thank you!  DR is a must-have for me, but one thing I noticed though is that it is not nearly as deadly as it used to be (~6 months ago), practically comparable to stock (have not managed to burn-up yet, except for tumbling mishaps involving timewarp; even 25km re-entry from Minmus is a joke, did not even go through ablative shield).  Was this intentional or is it just waiting for re-balance?

I just did a Minmus return and my shield was left wit 37.5% of its ablator left so I'd say things are working properly. Make sure that you installed it correctly. Place the contents of the zip file in your GameData folder.

If it's installed properly and you still don't think it's hot enough, then I have to ask if you changed any physics settings? An obvious setting would be the convection constant. Stock default is 7 and if you or another mod lowered it then reentries will be less deadly.

A less obvious setting is conduction. Default is 120 and if it is raised then heat bleeds into the interior faster which means it won't build up as hot on the exterior and that means less deadly reentries. Conduction is a big factor. In fact, prior to 1.0.5, Deadly Reentry used to set conduction factor to 5 to force heat to build up faster on the exterior

Aside from convection issues, I did tone down g-force damage a bit and one area I'm looking for feedback on is whether I overdid it. (the relevant settings are crewGWarn and crewGLimit which used to be 300000/600000)

13 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I just did a Minmus return and my shield was left wit 37.5% of its ablator left so I'd say things are working properly. Make sure that you installed it correctly. Place the contents of the zip file in your GameData folder.

If it's installed properly and you still don't think it's hot enough, then I have to ask if you changed any physics settings? An obvious setting would be the convection constant. Stock default is 7 and if you or another mod lowered it then reentries will be less deadly.

A less obvious setting is conduction. Default is 120 and if it is raised then heat bleeds into the interior faster which means it won't build up as hot on the exterior and that means less deadly reentries. Conduction is a big factor. In fact, prior to 1.0.5, Deadly Reentry used to set conduction factor to 5 to force heat to build up faster on the exterior

Aside from convection issues, I did tone down g-force damage a bit and one area I'm looking for feedback on is whether I overdid it. (the relevant settings are crewGWarn and crewGLimit which used to be 300000/600000)

Ok, so it was the intent (my results are about the same ...  Not complaining, mind you, I will take what I can get :)

I did install properly, and no, I did not mess with physics except for raising re-entry heat to 120% in start-up options (started on stock).

2 hours ago, Tau137 said:

Ok, so it was the intent (my results are about the same ...  Not complaining, mind you, I will take what I can get :)

I did install properly, and no, I did not mess with physics except for raising re-entry heat to 120% in start-up options (started on stock).

Ok try lowering conduction factor (alt F12, physics, thermal. Don't forget to save!)

Hey @Starwaster!

Thanks for the update, but unfortunately the KIS incompatibility bug is still not fixed: cannot equip a screwdriver.

The log is:

Spoiler

[WRN 01:16:41.455] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:16:41.456] Time: 10:16:41 PM
[WRN 01:16:41.457] Comment: doing eva...
[WRN 01:16:41.457] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 01:16:49.412] [F: 12597]: [00:00:00]: Bill Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.
[LOG 01:16:49.415] Items transfer | source mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft) (0)
[LOG 01:16:49.415] Items transfer | destination: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman)
[EXC 01:16:49.448] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 01:16:49.548] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 01:16:49.550] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Bill Kerman
[WRN 01:16:49.556] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 01:16:49.588] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsDistance
[WRN 01:16:59.091] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:16:59.092] Time: 10:16:59 PM
[WRN 01:16:59.092] Comment: opening inventory...
[WRN 01:16:59.093] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[EXC 01:17:05.491] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
[WRN 01:17:14.191] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:17:14.192] Time: 10:17:14 PM
[WRN 01:17:14.192] Comment: trying to equip...
[WRN 01:17:14.193] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 01:17:17.228] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver
[EXC 01:17:17.231] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.KIS_Item.Equip ()
[WRN 01:17:27.938] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:17:27.939] Time: 10:17:27 PM
[WRN 01:17:27.939] Comment: END
[WRN 01:17:27.940] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mods:

ModuleManager v2.6.23.0
DeadlyReentry v7.4.0.0 (but the .version file reads 7.4.1.. and the download was 7.4.2.. lol)
KIS v1.2.7.6
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0

warning: was tested on KSP 1.1 before the patch! I haven't yet updated my KSP testbox.

5 hours ago, atomontage said:

Hey @Starwaster!

Thanks for the update, but unfortunately the KIS incompatibility bug is still not fixed: cannot equip a screwdriver.

The log is:

Reveal hidden contents

[WRN 01:16:41.455] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:16:41.456] Time: 10:16:41 PM
[WRN 01:16:41.457] Comment: doing eva...
[WRN 01:16:41.457] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 01:16:49.412] [F: 12597]: [00:00:00]: Bill Kerman from Untitled Space Craft went on EVA.
[LOG 01:16:49.415] Items transfer | source mk1pod (Untitled Space Craft) (0)
[LOG 01:16:49.415] Items transfer | destination: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman)
[EXC 01:16:49.448] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Part.ModulesOnStart ()
[LOG 01:16:49.548] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Bill Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 01:16:49.550] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Bill Kerman
[WRN 01:16:49.556] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Bill Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 01:16:49.588] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsDistance
[WRN 01:16:59.091] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:16:59.092] Time: 10:16:59 PM
[WRN 01:16:59.092] Comment: opening inventory...
[WRN 01:16:59.093] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[EXC 01:17:05.491] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    BaseEvent.Invoke ()
[WRN 01:17:14.191] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:17:14.192] Time: 10:17:14 PM
[WRN 01:17:14.192] Comment: trying to equip...
[WRN 01:17:14.193] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[LOG 01:17:17.228] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver
[EXC 01:17:17.231] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.KIS_Item.Equip ()
[WRN 01:17:27.938] +++++++++++++++++++++ RUNTIME COMMENT +++++++++++++++++++++
[WRN 01:17:27.939] Time: 10:17:27 PM
[WRN 01:17:27.939] Comment: END
[WRN 01:17:27.940] +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mods:

ModuleManager v2.6.23.0
DeadlyReentry v7.4.0.0 (but the .version file reads 7.4.1.. and the download was 7.4.2.. lol)
KIS v1.2.7.6
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0

warning: was tested on KSP 1.1 before the patch! I haven't yet updated my KSP testbox.

Re: Deadly Reentry version #, it reports what I set the version as, and I apparently did not set it in the assembly file. So obviously I can't tell you to make sure you have the right version :wink:

Nevertheless, it doesn't sound like it's the right file because I have it checking the 'vessel' it's on to make sure it's not an EVAed Kerbal and I am able to equip screwdrivers myself here. (or anything else)

Edit: Okay, playing with it some more and it looks like it succeeds the first time but it can fail on on subsequent EVA excursions if I enter the ship and then EVA again. I'll have to change how I check for EVA apparently. Could be a race condition or it could be something else.

Edited by Starwaster