Space Games

RocketTurtle

So, space games, I've seen a lot recently, but I'm quite confused on which ones to get. What I want is one that isn't overly complicated and doesn't have a massive learning curve, I want something relatively easy. Also, I don't really care about things like trading, selling, buying etc. I really just want a more or less space combat game, I mean if it includes what I am gonna list in a second, and trading or whatever, that's fine, but it's not a requirement to me. A big thing I want is GOOD DESTRUCTION. I mean if I cut a ship in half, it should break it half, not like, somehow stay connected by some invisible force, also if I blow part of a ship up, there shouldn't be random parts floating, but still attached to the ship... a good example for both these is Starmade, and I'm not saying anything bad about Starmade, just I dislike the destruction system. I want to be able to have dramatic moment where my ship is split in half by a laser, I need to get into my escape fighter in the hangar, which is in the other half, so I'm running through my ship and I jet pack over through the lasers and explosions to the other half, get into the fighter, and escape like a boss... lol. But seriously, tell me that WOULDN'T be awesome.

Also, multiplayer is a HUGE plus.

Edited by RocketTurtle

"Space Engineers" might have what your looking for? It just released as early access on steam. I haven't tried it myself though...yet.

Also "X Rebirth" is coming out soon. Its effectively a singleplayer version of EVE Online. Not sure on the destruction front though, but it looks overall very impressive.

I pitched in on the Rimworld Kickstarter after seeing Scott Manley play it the other evening. I enjoy Dwarf Fortress but generally find it a little too obtuse to enjoy every day, plus the militia system is a little annoying. This looks like a fun space/Firefly/more accessible attempt at the same kind of Colony Building genre.

Plus it has psychotic space squirrels...whats not to love.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.