Memorial For The Fallen (Or the burnt, smashed, mutilated and possesed) Kerbals

NASI Director

"Ladies and Kerbals, I give you President Nikson Kerbal."

"My fellow Kerbonians, fate has ordained that the Kerbal who went to the Mun to explore in peace will stay on the Mun to RIP in peace. This brave man, Halsy Kerman, knows that there is no hope for his recovery. But he also knows that there is hope for Kerbalkind in his sacrifice. This one kerbal is lying down his life in Kerbalkind's most noble goal: the search for truth and understanding. He will be mourned by his families and friends; he will be mourned by the people of the world; he will be mourned by a Mother Kerbin that dared to send one of her children into the unknown. In his exploration, he stirred the people of the world to feel as one; in his sacrifice, he binds more tightly the brotherhood of man. In ancient days, Kerbals looked at stars and saw their heroes in the constellations. In modern times, we do much the same, but our heroes are epic Kerbals of flesh and snacks."

ahhh you got me there man...the feels! :(

That speech up there? Replace Halsy with Bill and Mun with Dres.

I was forced to crash him into Dres because he didn't have the dV for a return, and he couldn't EVA. And there were no docking ports.

His last words (that I totally didn't rob from the Journey to Sentar thread)?

"You know what? Forget about me. Go. There are worlds other than this."

He, trapped in his capsule full of science, smacked into the surface of Dres at a speed of roughly 1100 m/s.

He will be missed. He was my most experienced Kerbal, having walked on Duna, orbited Eve, and landed on Gilly.

By the way, I have permadeath on.

For his sake, the Geronimi Space Program will continue.

Should have played Taps. The Apollo 13 soundtrack suffices, however.

Edited by Gojira

• 2 years later...

as usual for me, Kevin McLeod's  At Rest is the best theme for this kind of thing.. although a tad overused since I use it for construction too. knowing it'll end this just this way :(

or theres this...

Edited by Overland

• 6 years later...

found this via recommendation and i liked it

also seems appropriate for this thread as it would be something that i actually would play when i killed a kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.