FScience, Science Data Transfer v0.1

L.J. Silver

Suggestions for .03

Well, after reading Kerb's post, I can't think of too many more. Not sure you'll be able to handle EVA samples differently.

But a suggestion that comes to mind while coasting through minmus's SOI. The destination panel really needs a get all button.

If you have a lot of sensors on your craft (which you will have before long) going through the list and clicking on each and then the transfer button is a lot of clicking. Ideally, a 'Get all' button could have it go through all the imputs (except the destination) and transfer the experiment data to the chosen destination and be grey'd out if no destination has been selected.

I know it's not your GUI code so I don't know if that is something you can do or not, but it would be very helpful :)

Wasn't too concerned about the add all, because of possible limits on storage for each pod in future, at the moment the "Science Container" module is what is on each "manned" pod to contain the experiments, Squad has already placed a "capacity" variable, but they are not yet using it. When they will, i think we will be limited to a certain amount of science per module.

But will definitely give a look at implementing it for the moment.

Hey, could you add a config option to change the location of the button?

Love the idea of your mod. It just makes sense.

Thanks, you are right, will add some kind of custom positioning as soon as possible. Have been super busy with work in the last period, but hopefully can dedicate some more time to plugin soon.

Thanks, you are right, will add some kind of custom positioning as soon as possible. Have been super busy with work in the last period, but hopefully can dedicate some more time to plugin soon.

Thanks it will be a massive help.:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be great if Kerbals could transmit their reports to the box from EVA. :)

Sidenote:

I have been pondering this question several times about how cheaty this mod might be (in my eyes for my personal etc.)

Basically it saves us bringing multiples of an experiment/doing a mission repeatedly/using lots of energy for different (pod) crew reports.

Curiously all these thoughts might become void as soon as Squad implements something similar. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another option to the custom button position is to use the Toolbar API?
Any update soon for the new science system and maybe integration with Blizzy's great Toolbar Mod?

My thoughts exactly!

that thing should be made standard someday :rolleyes: -- this is the only thing missing for this mod right now, anyhow - it saves several "hours" of "dangerous" EVA to retrieve science data from experiments around a ship that should probably have something in the way of "cables" for doing that - your mod gives us "cables" - cheers!

it would be worth reviewing the make-unusable rules... this wasn't a thing back in .22 when this mod was made, so that's why it allows the now somewhat "cheatish" workaround

oh well... if no response from OP, I might look into updating the thing for .23 myself (and post it right back here, with all due credit, of course) - I was meaning to get back into KSP addon-craft anyways

cheers then

Edited by Moach

Yeah I guess it will never become stock as developers want players to make more voyages and transmit less and having the ability to transfer science data and do apollo like missions for example makes it easier too but for me this is essential because I want to make my career more realistic and have the option to make apollo style missions. Always have the lander return is not a favorable option for me ....

Edit: It would be nice if you could make a update :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot

I know it's a bit redundent since we can do it with EVAs, but I'm still using it a lot somehow... If LJ Silver passes by, could you make it compatible with the Tarsier Space Telescope ?

As of .23 this mod has a cheaty component though. :wink:

IT bypasses the locking of experiments and you can move everything into a tiny probe body.

Since the OP has not responded, I'm going to look at incorporating this feature into Ship Manifest.

This functionality fits nicely into the theme of my mod (also based on Kerbal Crew Manifest).

If there are no objections, I will add this to my planned features.

Edited by Papa_Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.