[1.5.X] Rover Wheel Sounds v2.3 (2016-10-24)

pizzaoverhead

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not entirely sure about uploading this until I know it's compatible for 0.90., but I WILL comment positively on how much I LOVE the bassy humming rev the Rugged Wheels make. Makes noises like a proper truck, man... all it needs is the hydraulic "hiss pop" when it stops suddenly.

Edited by Dire_Squid

• 1 month later...

Pizzaoverhead, and anyone who's interested, I added sound effects to RoverDude's awesome packrat rover just add this to the MM config included in the download of rover wheel sounds:

@PART[PackRat_MiniWheel]

{

MODULE

{

name = WheelSounds

wheelSoundVolume = 1

wheelSoundFile = WheelSounds/Sounds/RoveMaxS1

}

}

You can use any of the sounds files you want, I just picked the one I liked.

• 4 weeks later...
It's kinda unusual to see requests for 0.90 compatibility and 1.0 compatibility on the same page :D

Errr yeah, this is a quite simple mod so should be easy enough. I wonder how thing simple as this hasn't been made stock yet. This and RCS, sound effects, clouds and etc.

1.0 Compatibility?

Still going strong!

It's kinda unusual to see requests for 0.90 compatibility and 1.0 compatibility on the same page :D
Errr yeah, this is a quite simple mod so should be easy enough. I wonder how thing simple as this hasn't been made stock yet. This and RCS, sound effects, clouds and etc.

Yeah, this mod is simple enough that the only thing likely to break it is if Squad decide to re-do the physics of wheels.

the current version works for me in 1.0 :D

Thanks for the report!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does not seem to play nice with MechJeb Rover Speed Controls. Always wants to go max speed regardless of settings in MJ rover control window. Crashed into follow target at max speed rather than breaking gently to a stop upon arrival. MechJeb rover controls were used successfully prior to installation of Wheel Sounds mod. I love the sounds though!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do like this mod, simple but does the job. KSP is so silent without all your sound mods, and the sound mods of others :-)

Only issue I've found is that if a wheel is not touching the ground, it's RPM keeps going up and up, and the sound goes up with it to silly levels, Though that's squad's fault really for not having an RPM limit on the wheels.

And not really worth fixxing it, as KSP 1.1 is redoing the wheels soon with the Vehicle Physics Pro wheel/suspension system

And is going to break this mod anyway (Please update it for 1.1 if squad have not already done a better job with the wheel sounds!)

Edited by GorillaZilla

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I've been having some exception spam in my logs when I drive a rover saying

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an  instance of an object
at WheelSounds.WheelSounds.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Any idea why this could be?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.