[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Looking good! is there an optional package for planet colours/surfaces that are as real life yet? for the "standard" RSS, i switched back to it from the Stock+PF version...and i am missing the colours of venus, titan ect... If not thats cool, i know its still a WIP

GREAT WORK!

Edited by Guest

Looking good! is there an optional package for planet colours/surfaces that are as real life yet? for the "standard" RSS, i switched back to it from the Stock+PF version...and i am missing the colours of venus, titan ect... If not thats cool, i know its still a WIP

GREAT WORK!

Right now I've got Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Io, with the last two ok, but in need of refinement. I don't want to speak for Nathan about when its going to happen, but my thinking is that at least those maps will all be included in the next release.

EDIT: There is a chance that I may offer those planets sooner as a separate, optional download, but this is something I haven't committed to doing at this point.

Edited by SpacedInvader

When using v6.1 with regex's 6.4 scale config, the game hangs indefinitely at the loading screen. Is this expected behavior? I know the 6.4 config is listed as outdated on the OP, even though I've been using it for weeks.

When using v6.1 with regex's 6.4 scale config, the game hangs indefinitely at the loading screen. Is this expected behavior? I know the 6.4 config is listed as outdated on the OP, even though I've been using it for weeks.

Right now there are a bunch of low level changes happening in each update. My recommendation would be to either play stock RSS for the short term, or roll back to a version you know works until regex has had a chance to update the 6.4 config to the new version.

It's rebuilding the scaled space meshes. According to NathanKell it will take roughly two minutes per body. There's a flag you can set to prevent this, add it to the top level node so your config file looks like this:

REALSOLARSYSTEM
{
spheresOnly = true

The link in the OP should always be up-to-date because it's the same one in my signature and I update the file on Dropbox so it treats it like a versioning system would. That is, the link always points to the latest version, or that's how it acts for me.

lol I just lost a little bit of will power again , been setting up a nice ship in orbit and assembling it in orbit and finally decided to make a transfer to duna , had a 3 year time warp to launch window so warped, when I was ready lo launch all my h2 had boiled off ,

so gutted , what can I do to avoid this, are there any fuels that are light for top stages that dont boil offfFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*****

:)

It's rebuilding the scaled space meshes. According to NathanKell it will take roughly two minutes per body. There's a flag you can set to prevent this, add it to the top level node so your config file looks like this:

REALSOLARSYSTEM
{
spheresOnly = true

The link in the OP should always be up-to-date because it's the same one in my signature and I update the file on Dropbox so it treats it like a versioning system would. That is, the link always points to the latest version, or that's how it acts for me.

Thanks! Now this opens up another question... Is rebuilding the scaled space meshes a desirable thing to do when using your config? Or is that only good for the default version of RSS?

Thanks! Now this opens up another question... Is rebuilding the scaled space meshes a desirable thing to do when using your config? Or is that only good for the default version of RSS?

I have no idea, haven't tried it yet, been occupied doing other things. If you do, please let me know and share some screenshots!

Splooshman: Use thermal fins. On the science tab. They cool off your tanks.

Also? Welcome to #realspaceproblems :)

==========

Regex, White Owl: Yes, rebuilding the scaledspace meshes is desirable any time radius and/or PQS mods changes. This is because, if you rescale a planet up 6.4x but its max elevation only goes up 1.6x, peaks and valleys will look different.

Also, I'm working on a system (like ATM) that caches the rebuilds, so there's only a 20min startup the first time. :]

Edited by NathanKell

lol I just lost a little bit of will power again , been setting up a nice ship in orbit and assembling it in orbit and finally decided to make a transfer to duna , had a 3 year time warp to launch window so warped, when I was ready lo launch all my h2 had boiled off ,

so gutted , what can I do to avoid this, are there any fuels that are light for top stages that dont boil offfFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*****

:)

Is it a nuclear stage? try ammonia. That's why Discovery still had fuel in 2010

I installed RSS, with no other mods installed besides BurnTogether and KWRocketry, and the game stops halfway into the transfer between initial load and menu screen. It crashes windows, and I can't interact with any open window without restarting my PC. Any ideas?

I installed RSS, with no other mods installed besides BurnTogether and KWRocketry, and the game stops halfway into the transfer between initial load and menu screen. It crashes windows, and I can't interact with any open window without restarting my PC. Any ideas?

did you install all dependencies?

"INSTALLATION:

Extract to KSP/GameData.

NOTE: You really should play with the recommended mods. See the Realism Overhaul thread for details."

I will attempt to write and post the method i use for the installation, and/or link the video MN plans on making to walk people through installation of RSS/RO/RPL and all its "slightly" confusing fine points

YIKES: when did i become a "Sr. Spacecraft Engineer".... more like "Sr. stumbles through the motions Engineer"

Edited by Guest

Recommended doesn't usually mean necessary, since it's only a recommendation to improve the game's experience. I don't like most of the recommended mods, so I didn't use them. I tried a reinstall with Planetfactory, retextures for making them look like the real planets, TextureReplacer, and That's it.

EDIT: Here's what I have installed: http://gyazo.com/63d81f1ec2d131e0cb1b2450ea19f4c2

EDIT 2: Removing TextureReplacer does nothing, the game is still stuck halfway with only RSS and PF with retextures.

Edited by fafeman

This sounds exactly like what I was talking about just a few posts back. For what it's worth, I let the thing run for 20 minutes or so and it did eventually start the game. I didn't see any noticeable difference in terrain, so I used regex's posted fix and that resolved the problem.

This sounds exactly like what I was talking about just a few posts back. For what it's worth, I let the thing run for 20 minutes or so and it did eventually start the game. I didn't see any noticeable difference in terrain, so I used regex's posted fix and that resolved the problem.

IIRC it's a Map View thing; you'd want to look at Minmus, Gilly, or Pol to really see what it had done. I think.

My money says it's the contents of the backups folder causing problems. Anything in GameData will be loaded, no matter what level it's on in the directory tree, so conflicts will arise if your mod backup folder is in there. Try moving backups to your root game directory and see what happens.

Hi, I had two problems with this mod:

- the game crash often, after around 15 mins that i'm using it

-I think that the atmosphere isn't rotating with the Earth, becouse when I launch I have something like 400 m/s surface speed and the wind is so strong that it brokes my vessel.

I have lots of mods, (20 more or less) like b9, Kw rocketry, Tac, Interstellar, and others. Does anyone know where is the problem?

I'm Italian, and I speak a terrible English, so if I've made mistakes please tell me.

I posted this in addon requests but I wanted to ask Nathan. I figure you know exactly how hard it would be to I've been playing RSS and love it. How hard would it be to create a mod that randomly does the following:

1 rearranges the planets and moons with randomized names and orbits.

2 alters gravities.

3 alters planet/moon size.

4 alters atmosphere heights and densities.

5 alters low and high altitudes.

6 Randomized biomes on each new planet (already a mod) w/mapping support.

I've found it adds a huge amount of fun discovering all these features with probes instead of just looking them up in a wiki.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement any/all of these features but it would be wonderful if the mods are not too difficult.

My money says it's the contents of the backups folder causing problems. Anything in GameData will be loaded, no matter what level it's on in the directory tree, so conflicts will arise if your mod backup folder is in there. Try moving backups to your root game directory and see what happens.

I tried asking my money for a second opinion but it was quiet and did not respond to my urgent pleas for information.

-I think that the atmosphere isn't rotating with the Earth, becouse when I launch I have something like 400 m/s surface speed and the wind is so strong that it brokes my vessel.

I have lots of mods, (20 more or less) like b9, Kw rocketry, Tac, Interstellar, and others. Does anyone know where is the problem?

I'm Italian, and I speak a terrible English, so if I've made mistakes please tell me.

You probably reach the RAM limit with so many mods especially b9 and kw Rocketry

Just saw this, and holy crap, it would be cool if we had wind but we do not. At all.

If your rockets are coming apart using this mod then get the latest Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-23-5-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v2-3-4-14-14.

For crashing, as was said, you're probably running out of memory. Get the Active Texture Management http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21?highlight=active

The ships tearing apart is part of far now. He added dynamic pressure. Scott Manley shows this re added feature in this video. http://m.youtube.com/user/szyzyg if you don't have far installed IDK what the issue is.