[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Pingopete: list of planets is in the OP ;) (And the readme)

Naten: use the wiki/faq link at the top of the OP. If it still fails, post your output_log.txt

MAKC: Use words. Can't see from pic what you're talking about.

I updated Astronomer V3 pack to work with a 10x scaled kerbol system for RSS and using EVE 7.3. The only two things I couldn't figure out how to fix was Vall and Bop. Both are broken with EVE 7.3 and RSS. All the reset works. You can grab cloudLayers-Astronomer'sVisualPack.cfg at here. I haven't updated Better Atmospheres yet since I'm waiting on the release of V5.

Tried out 6.3 with my 10x scale configuration. First I seen that the KSC ended up in the ocean so I moved it over a bit and now it even looks like the run way is about the same distance from the shoreline as in stock. The only problem is that the biome reported is water. So the question is which is better, same distance from the shore line or move it inland to change the biome. Moving it inland will also change the altitude of the land from the default in stock. You can grab the new config at

/RealSolarSystem.cfg just like before.

With the new launch site configuration option I spun a version 10x kerbal. The goal in mind is to make the second KSC that is present in stock actually usable. So far I can't figure out how to properly place the launch site. So for for the second site I have

Site

{

Name = Inland KSC

PQSCity

{

KEYname = KSC

lodvisibleRangeMult = 6

latitude = 20.65760

longitude = -146.420556

repositionRadiusOffset = 422.0

}

PQSMod_MapDecalTangent

{

radius = 10000

heightMapDeformity = 80

absoluteOffset = 0

absolute = true

latitude = 20.65760

longitude = -146.420556

}

}

But it is coming out all wrong. Is there a link to documentation for which variables mean? I'm thinking that PQSMod_MapDecalTangent is the one that is wrong. The variable values appear to be radius and absoluteOffset. How do you know whate value to use?

Pingopete: list of planets is in the OP ;) (And the readme)

Naten: use the wiki/faq link at the top of the OP. If it still fails, post your output_log.txt

MAKC: Use words. Can't see from pic what you're talking about.

Colorful grid across the terrain just above the KSC? :)

Hodo: jsimmons is using a rescaled Kerbin, which means the biomes should be more or less correct.

jsimmons: maybe lower the offset of the heightmap so the shoreline moves inland a bit?

Regarding PSCity and MapDecal, I added a page to the wiki.

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/wiki/PQSCity-and-PQSMod_MapDecalTangent

help me, i cant manage it to work,no matter what i do ksc appears down a hole, earth dissapears on map view while on flight and the only way to make it work is using the old cfg with resized kerbin,also i cant use the toolbar to pick up launch sites, i cant do anything, and i installed it correctly and have terrain detail to high.

So I have been having the "KSC underground" problem again. In the last version of RSS, I was able to fix it by just editing the locations, but in the new version, nothing seems to change when I edit them. Setting the terrain detail to high puts everything in the correct positions, but then I don't get much fps and the load times between scenes are much, much longer. Setting it to default or low both cause the problem. I have read your page on the wiki from your last post, but I still wasn't able to get any of the locations to change.

I don't know if showing my output_log will help, but I guess it can't hurt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgbb3ur7s5yvztn/output_log.txt

MAKC: The gray lines between terrain quads? I've seen that on occasion, no real rhyme or reason. Seems to only appear in space center view though.

Also, the atmosphere definitely needs work, true. You can change the AtmosphereFromGround line in RSS.cfg too fooAFG (which will disable it) and see if you prefer the old atmosphere...

thunderstar: gonna need log.

Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Shootertrex: Uninstall Final Frontier. It's spamming log messages and errors. That alone should speed you up a bit. Beyond that though, RSS does require a more beefy CPU; the planets are so much larger you simply need the higher-detail terrain to get much of anything out of it... :\

hi i love this mos i makes the game alot more challenging but i'd like to move the location of the space center in this mod yet i am unable to figure out how to do so.

So dose any one have a clue how that's done?

I've run into trouble when trying to adjust the wavelenght parameters in the Alt+G menu. Basically I cannot write out the comma/period to adjust decimals once I have "backspaced" past the first decimal. "Blue" for instance is set at 0.475. Now I can change that to 0.4xx, but once I press backspace and delete that first decimal (0.4) the parameter takes the value of 0 which it should, but the period/comma also disappears which means that whatever I enter from there is more than "1". So it's either 100% blue or 0% blue. I hope I make myself clear.

Can this be solved? Is it possibly an issue with my swedish keyboard? It just has three more letters than an english one, not that different imo.

Go to Tracking Center. Click on one of the other space center locations. You can also get a list by clicking on the button on the right border of the screen (it's towards the top).

unless iv done something wrong there is not any new buttons in the Tracking Center or the space center.

help please

unless iv done something wrong there is not any new buttons in the Tracking Center or the space center.

help please

Make sure you have the latest ModuleManager, you have a LaunchSites.cfg file, and a RealSolarSystem.cfg file.

Make sure you have the latest ModuleManager, you have a LaunchSites.cfg file, and a RealSolarSystem.cfg file.

That reminds me, I need to add a communications tracking station to Pemba for my space program....

i have both in my real solar system folder and Module Manager 2.1.5

yet i cant seem to figure it out.

-sigh- it would be nice if i could stick random space centers around the place.

i have both in my real solar system folder and Module Manager 2.1.5

yet i cant seem to figure it out.

Huh. Well, if the LaunchSites.cfg and RealSolarSystem.cfg files aren't empty then you shouldn't be having an issue. Best to delete the RealSolarSystem mod and reinstall it from scratch, making sure you have the latest ModuleManager.

hi i love this mos i makes the game alot more challenging but i'd like to move the location of the space center in this mod yet i am unable to figure out how to do so.

So dose any one have a clue how that's done?

You sure do make a lot of typos (signature included)