[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I had considered for a while using the source geologic map as a biome map, but it's got near 100 biomes and that just won't work with out game mechanics.

5b2Wp6D.png

It is on my list, however, to work some more on the custom biomes for Mars and Venus, plus, now that we are working with Dimonnomid, I'll be creating maps for Mercury and the rest of the planets.

EDIT: I'm downloading the database for your map right now, perhaps I'll find something a little less cluttered to work with.

Edited by SpacedInvader

I had considered for a while using the source geologic map as a biome map, but it's got near 100 biomes and that just won't work with out game mechanics.

It is on my list, however, to work some more on the custom biomes for Mars and Venus, plus, now that we are working with Dimonnomid, I'll be creating maps for Mercury and the rest of the planets.

EDIT: I'm downloading the database for your map right now, perhaps I'll find something a little less cluttered to work with.

Well the one I posted, which I think just came out in the last day or two, has FAR less on it as far as I can see. Its obviously not strickly speaking "biomes" but rather a geologic survey, but I think it would work well :)

By the way in the original PDF the map is made up of layers, which include solid color maps of each district area.. I think. I can't figure out how to break out the layers - I just know they are there because you can see them as Adobe Reader draws it.

I believe this was mentioned way earlier in the thread, but buried between 300 some odd posts, I thought I might bring attention back to it:

With the latest DLL version, in both 32-bit and 64-bit, when using it to change the atmosphere color to say remove the white part of the sky, as in Better Atmospheres or Proot's Renaissance Pack, it will work on first starting up, at the Space Center scene.

However, after changing scenes or launching, the sky then becomes black.

The post earlier in the thread mentions that it has something to do with the atmosphere either glitching to a very small radius or extremely large. Even though the settings initially work on every startup, and are not changed.

I do not use RealSolarSystem fully, I was just trying it for the white atmosphere removal, but I can only assume that this might affect a full RSS user as well.

Just FYI. You should into this ASAP.

I believe this was mentioned way earlier in the thread, but buried between 300 some odd posts, I thought I might bring attention back to it:

With the latest DLL version, in both 32-bit and 64-bit, when using it to change the atmosphere color to say remove the white part of the sky, as in Better Atmospheres or Proot's Renaissance Pack, it will work on first starting up, at the Space Center scene.

However, after changing scenes or launching, the sky then becomes black.

The post earlier in the thread mentions that it has something to do with the atmosphere either glitching to a very small radius or extremely large. Even though the settings initially work on every startup, and are not changed.

I do not use RealSolarSystem fully, I was just trying it for the white atmosphere removal, but I can only assume that this might affect a full RSS user as well.

Just FYI. You should into this ASAP.

I only got this when trying to use BetterAtmospheres Atmosphere changer from RSS, it was to do with the type of node, I can't for the life of me remember exactly what fixed it other than updating versions.

why is everybody charging ahead , just wait for the update and all the other mods to catch up before installing 0.24 or when RSS 0.24 does come out with the other mods you wil all have to start again anywhy so just be patant with all the clever chaps that can make mods i persoanly have no idea how they do it but iam happy to wait for officail realise of this amazing mod and its dependices.

People are inherently NOT patient, and have to have things NOW! God/Allah/mother/whatever forbid they have to take a 2 week break from playing KSP how THEY want...What's worse is a percentage of them will whine and demand a fix when they use the official release because it breaks something from their non-official release and have to start all over anyway.

People are inherently NOT patient, and have to have things NOW! God/Allah/mother/whatever forbid they have to take a 2 week break from playing KSP how THEY want...What's worse is a percentage of them will whine and demand a fix when they use the official release because it breaks something from their non-official release and have to start all over anyway.

yep i know thats what i was trying to say , ive been playing ksp since it came out and have learnt to wait for updates and not charge ahead. as i said i have no idea what makes the games work i just greatfull to yourself and nathan etc for the mod and the others whos dependanceis we use ,

So, any news on this? This plugin is the only way I ever found (that works) to remove the white-horizon issue (and that's all I use this for) which really annoys the heck out of me.

You might want to grab the newest dll from his repo, it has more options and looks great.

I can understand being eager red. I know I will have to start over because of the contracts. Which is fine, as I am thinking about seeing how things work with the construction time mod.. but I see no since in starting in a scock ksp game, only to have to start over in a few weeks or less, how ever long in takes.. and risk haveing to learn how to make orbit in a real size ksp again.. and knowing my luck I would start a stock scaled game and and then latter to day or tomorrow it will be done lol. (not makeing a comment about the prgrass you all are making just the way my luck seems to run), I mean I made it a point not to check the forms much in the last week. figured I would play on the Assassins creed games for a bet. I would like to remind you people that are Eager, and passably more impation the I am, and even whiny. that the modders do this as a hobby, they dont get money for there work unless the take and get donations. also many have "day jobs". Just remember that the best things come to those who wait, so I would rather wait another month then to get something rushed that is so buggy to make it unplay able. And I would like to thank Nat and red and all the others working on the RO/RSS sweet and who make it so positive and fun for us.

Finished up the last launch facility for 10x kerbal. This is support for EVE-7.3 default and Astronmers Pack. Sorry I didn't get to Sonic's yet but I plan to. I will be posting a thread for this some time this weekend.

One thing I like to fix Nathan is Duna. The terrain being generated is reaches to 50km so it goes beyond the atmosphere. Do you know what values I need to tune to reduce that variance? What is the per scale values and what values are being uses at 10x. This way I can redo it.

At some point I also I like to discuss the format of the *.obj files so I can restore the majestic mountains of kerbin.

I don't normally do this, but could you post all the color, height and normal maps mentioned in v7? It works with spacedinvaders' combined with 6.1 but I'm curious what you're actually working with.

Also why is Kerbin's orbit green? The others make sense I suppose, but green?

Edited by AndreyATGB

tmikesecrist3: thanks fo rthe patience and thanks! I think you'll be happy soon. :)

jsimmons: you'll want to decrease the deformity of the various height noise things. You'll see a lot more exposed in v7; you can tweak those. Also, check the code to see which PQSMods are supported.

AndreyATGB: Sorry, I would do that, but I'm about 10 minutes from releasing v7 itself. :)

Apologies for the delay everyone--but I think you'll be quite pleasantly surprised by the result.

Teasers:

TxVPIxyl.png

yMZOeqGl.png

xpnDWIyl.png

zko7Uhll.png

sdySPbLl.png

Europa and Jupiter look real, it's so nice to see Jupiter with a color map instead of EVE, the Z-fighting was ruining it completely.

When I tried the version on git a few minutes ago, I time warped right in jupiter's atmosphere. I think the lack of uselegacyatmosphere is to blame there, the line is missing completely.

Edited by AndreyATGB

I hit a snag with Gilly (Deimos) that I had to fix. It has now been fixed. Editing OP.

Meanwhile, Changelog

v7.0 \/

*Scaled Space scaling/wrapping now plays nice with other mods and does not require OBJ files. Loads fast.

*regex: support changing orbitColor in Orbit nodes (as standard float RGBA color). dimonnomid adds colors for all RSS bodies.

*Fix to display the Display Name of the launch site when showing the icons on the planet in Tracking Station view.

*Fail gracefully when textures are missing.

*Include Custom Biomes and configs. Custom Biomes by Trueborn. Biome map by Subcidal. Only Earth supported so far.

*Include Custom Asteroids. Custom Asteroids by Starstrider42, config by SpacedInvader

*Support new images for every planet by default (will fail gracefully if not found)

*Added ability to edit and add more PQSMods, and to disable any PQSMod.

*Changed oceanColor (in Export node) to use 4-value color.

*Added ability to change the color ramp on the rim of scaled space shaders, either by specifying a file via SSRamp, or another body's by SSRampRef.

*Added ability to change specular color of scaled space shader via SSSpec.

*Refactored AtmosphereFromGround code to work better, allow changing more values, etc.

*Include new textures for all bodies thanks to SpacedInvader, dimonnomid, and the sources (see above)

*Include atmospher changes for all bodies

*Bug in initial orbital positions of all bodies is fixed. Note that craft in the SOI of the Sun will be off course, so BE CAREFUL. You may have to wait until your craft reach their destination SOIs before using v7.

*Added support for changing flight camera clipping distances (for use with EVE).

*Lowered max atmosphere altitudes to match approximate height of 1Pa dynamic pressure at 12,000m/s. Earth's is now 130km, for example.

*Compiled for 0.24.2 x64

AAHHHH MAI GAWD, gratz on the release !

This would be epic with the new EVE 9-2+ stuff , the ground texture will make the biggest impact IMO.

Edited by nismobg