[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I purchased through steam and it's already gone 1.0 > 1.01 > 1.02. I was under the impression Steam only allowed you to roll back to the previous?

Squad decides which version to put on "previous" each time they update. I haven't looked because I had a local copy of 0.90, but from the trouble that people are going to to get copies of the 1.0.0 aero tunings, I think Steam "previous" is still 0.90.

Quick question, does it mean that a version of kerbol 6.4x would be possible at this point?

Any config pack that depended on the old RSS plugin will need to be ported to Kopernicus (and KSCSwitcher if it was using that feature of RSS). There's been some work done on Kopernicus-powered 6.4x configs, but nothing has made it to full release yet.

Hey, i've made quick comparision between Google Earth and 8k Mars resolution in RSS. It's exactly the same place, Tithonium Chasma and it looks the same!

Just want to say thanks, Nathan Kell, I truly appreciate your work :)

wnK7Cg2.jpg target=_blank>

qsGOQCu.png

U3upHft.jpg

8gPjklk.png

SYgi6jq.jpg

Edited by winged

Hey, i've made quick comparision between Google Earth and 8k Mars resolution in RSS. It's exactly the same place, Tithonium Chasma and it looks the same!

Simply amazing... ::bows before Nathan::

If man can't go to Mars, at least my kerbals can.

In terms of development, how much can be carried over from the 0.90 version of RSS?
AFAIK, some. Things will obviously have to be tweaked, though.

If you want to play around, grab the distribution/GameData/Kopernicus folder from KSP-RO/Kopernicus/revertBranch and grab regex's KSCSwitcher and grab KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem

Thanks everyone. :)

If I do this, will it break everything in my long-term career when I upgrade to the 'release' version of RSS?

If you want to play around, grab the distribution/GameData/Kopernicus folder from KSP-RO/Kopernicus/revertBranch and grab regex's KSCSwitcher and grab KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem

Nathan, I am not sure whether you offer this for people to have fun with, or if you also are looking for beta/alpha-testers? If the latter, is there anything you are especially interested in?

Quick question, does it mean that a version of kerbol 6.4x would be possible at this point?

As undercoveryankee has mentioned, there has been some work. I've done some preliminary work on getting 6.4x scale Kerbol system into Kopernicus. I've actually got all the orbits and sizes ported over (with the exception of Moho, which seems to have some bug I can't squash on my end). The PQS stuff is a tiny bit harder for me, so I'm waiting for Kopernicus to get a bit more hashed out before I try to break more things. :)

EDIT: Paul Kingtiger may be doing some work as well, but I've only seen him mention a 3.2x scale he'd been toying with.

And speaking of Kopernicus, is your RO/RSS branch going to end up in mainline Kopernicus? Or will there be an RSS version and a normal version of that? I'm assuming the former, but want to make sure before I try to get all fancy working with dev versions!

Krakenfour: I certainly would not suggest playing career mode on that, since for example there's not anything more than Earth and Moon there, and RP-0 isn't out yet and won't be for a while. It's more so people can play with something if they want, since all the work is public anyway.

Lilienthal: Mostly the former; it doesn't need testing right now so much as work. Volunteers are always gratefully accepted however. :) Both for that and for RO, as there's a ton of stuff that needs doing.

Raptor831: Yeah, all the fixes/additions I need to make to Kopernicus will end up in the mainline (assuming teknoman doesn't gasp in horror at 'em when he returns :P ) so they'll be available for all. Thomas is planning to release 7 soon, I think, as soon as we get the space center issue sorted. (Space centers don't work without KSCSwitcher when you change Kerbin...)

BTW I keep forgetting to PM you about Real Fuels. It's not out yet because I took the opportunity for a quite severe refactor...

@NathanKell.. If there is something I can do to speed up the process, let me know. You're putting an awful lot of work on your plate, so if you have something specific you think someone else can do, I'm available. Professional C++/C# programmer here, so I can do coding.

If you have a beta version out, I'd like to start working on an expansion pack like I did with 0.90. Basically a long term plan of adding the entire Uranus/Neptune systems, with as many moons as possible. And TNOs, although only the big ones there.