[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Do you know how to get the Output_log.txt, im not too brilliant on computers.

Please read the [thread=92229]How to Get Support[/thread] sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum. It will tell you where to find the output log, in addition to some common fixes.

I found out how to find the output log, now its just needing the help of figuring out this mile long log.

I dont get why this wont work, it worked on .90 on my other computer, which is also W8.1, i installed it the EXACT same way, so idk what is happening.

So is there still no fix for clouds? I just tried out this mod today, installed through CKAN and everything seems to work fine. I searched through this thread and only saw posts about them still being broken.

The lack of clouds makes me sad :(

I'd rather not try to mess with barycenters until Principia, but I certainly hope that before long we'll have Pluto and Charon looking right. :)

As to the asteroids, I'm not seeing any pull requests. Did you not create one yet?

In career mode all waypoints for missions spawn in one place

yu8Dz4mh.png?1

I'd like to have them in more diverse places, can something be done about that? Contract configurator installed via ckan didn't help.

Quick question, does RSS work in career mode? Kerbol 6.4x, 3.7 and 2 all crash on first orbit. If there is a work around, could it work for 6.4x ?

( I am playing with new horizon rescaled to 6.4x. kind of like the flavor. )

Quick question, does RSS work in career mode? Kerbol 6.4x, 3.7 and 2 all crash on first orbit. If there is a work around, could it work for 6.4x ?

( I am playing with new horizon rescaled to 6.4x. kind of like the flavor. )

I have encountered no such problems playing RSS in career mode.

RSS includes a bugfix for the "crash when reaching orbit" bug. You can grab it from the RSS github repository and use it for any other stock system rescale. The alternative is to create a Module Manager cfg file inside your GameData folder and place the following inside that file:

@Contracts
{
@Survey
{
@TrivialHomeNearbyRange = 20000
@SignificantHomeNearbyRange = 25000
@ExceptionalHomeNearbyRange = 30000
}
}

Is there a setting in the game's physics file that can be tweaked to allow the game's stock heat shields and/or the Procedural Parts heat shield to survive the 7km/s+ re-entry speeds present in RSS? As it stands now, the PP heat shield barely lasts down to 100km altitude before it lets my MK-2 pod explode.

YoungGun: Yep, known issue. Textures will be a bit stretched. Best solution is RVE. /QUOTE]

So there's no fix for the ugly stretched ground textures? Why do I see them ok in screen shots?

Failed getting RVE to work properly. But I want the same feel with the blue atmosphere and clouds and lights. I can't seem to get eve to work with RSS and planetshne doesn't seem to be working. Theirs also blurred teztures when in orbit. Don't know if the 8k texture is bugged or something cause I'm using that. Please help

So there's no fix for the ugly stretched ground textures? Why do I see them ok in screen shots?

Sometimes you get lucky, I think? Sometimes I've seen the terrain surrounding the space center look normal and then next time I restart the game: stretched. (in fact, usually stretched)

Not sure why the randomness.

Edited by Starwaster

Is there a setting in the game's physics file that can be tweaked to allow the game's stock heat shields and/or the Procedural Parts heat shield to survive the 7km/s+ re-entry speeds present in RSS? As it stands now, the PP heat shield barely lasts down to 100km altitude before it lets my MK-2 pod explode.

The russian space program killed all it's heroes trying to figure that one out... are you up to the task? :P

Use more retro-boosting stuff, make you approach less steep, use multiple drag chutes, install FAR and make your own heatshield, jump out from your capsule and parachute your Kerbal.

This stuff has been done by RL space programs and they took years to do so, take your time. If you have remote tech installed, remove it and use unmanned launchers to get used to the physics and maneuvers.

This is a mod to honor the achievements of our space pioneers, stock KSP makes space travel look like a walk in the park.

On Appollo 13, James Lovell performed a 35 seconds boost to correct a direct Moon return re-entry angle with the engine Gimbal off, no ASAS and no RCS, he used the frame of the earth in the window of the CSM to stay on course.

Yuri Gagarin jumped out of the Vostok 1 capsule at 7km altitude because a human being causes much less dynamic pressure and atmospheric drag than a whole capsule (wich exploded seconds after he jumped). He went into space knowing there was no safe way back, the team who geared him up wrote that they had never seen him that scared.

Now thats what RSS and RO is about :)

Edited by Comatorium420

Hello,

Great mod, huge improvements since the last time I tried it (about a year ago). Having issues with landing in water. Ships keep bouncing around and make it impossible to retrieve. Better Buoyancy only makes it worse. Lost Jeb twice already :'(

Yes. However you will need very large rockets to launch very small payloads, because Kerbal rocket parts are heavy and low-performance compared to real ones.

On that note, I remember there being an ISP mod that had some different settings depending on if you wanted a realistic mass fraction for Kerbin, a Kerbal mass fraction in RSS, or a real mass fraction in RSS; is that still floating around anywhere? I can't find it.

Failing that, what's a recommended thrust/ISP/engine mass scaling percentage to make things a bit more realistic?