[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Bear in mind though that while TWP is reasonable for working out the windows it's not good for working out the details of the burn. The problem is it assumes an equatorial orbit and that's not efficient for making an interplanetary trip in RSS where the solar system is inclined.

Bear in mind though that while TWP is reasonable for working out the windows it's not good for working out the details of the burn. The problem is it assumes an equatorial orbit and that's not efficient for making an interplanetary trip in RSS where the solar system is inclined.

I've seen the same problem. I usually launch interplanetary probes into an Earth orbit coplanar to the ecliptic plane, and then the TWP is not that great. Actually Kerbal Alarm Clock is better.

Did anyone ever mod TWP to assume an ecliptic instead of equatorial start orbit? Would that be difficult?

Mechjeb's "Advanced Transfer to Another Planet" includes a TWP-like porkchop plotter and does take the current orbit into account. Using the mousewheel, one can zoom into the porkchop plot (found that out by accident). It's main shortcoming is that the nodes are usually off by several minutes and hence have a sizeable radial component. Still, refining them is not a big deal.

However, I wish there was a way for a player to harness the power of satellite contracts. Launching into a particular orbit is so much easier if you can see it in the map.

Hello,

First i would like to say thank you for making such an amazing mod. Secondly i heard there was a config that would reduce the planets back to 1/10th size because i want to play in the real solar system with having to download bigger mods to handle the delta V increases that come with the immense size of the real planets. I just want to play stock in the Real solar system. So if there is a config can you send me the link as i am having trouble finding it.

thank you,

detoddler

I'm not aware of a downscaled RSS -- that would be a *lot* of work, by the way. However, there is a mod that modifies the stock engines so they are powerful enough for RSS. If you "just want to play Stock in RSS", this might be your best bet. Can't recall the name right now, sorry.

I have RSS with RVE installed. [not RO]. Can anyone tell me what is going on here and how to fix it? Its also showing up partially during flight and at the complex. It's only visible when looking at the sun. Running KSP 1.0.4 on Ubuntu 14.04

Screenshot_from_2015_09_04_05_22_54.png

xONUnEQ.png

Seems like the Procedural heat-shields are working, just overworked a little. Moving on to Deadly Reentry Shields.

EDIT: Deadly Reentry Shields do not ablate but they do conduct heat pretty fast.

Second EDIT: The Lunar rated heat shields don't ablate they just absorb too...

Edited by TheRag
Additions.

Hey there, I noticed that the Mercury biome map is slightly off: the same light-cyan color wound up getting used for the North and South Pole alike so the former would show up as the latter. Nothin' a quick bucket fill or 10 to white in Paint can't fix, but something to take care of supply-side nevertheless.

EDIT: And now I'm noticing according to SCANsat that the vast, vast, vast majority of the surface is getting pegged as Lunar Seas and Major Craters, with Far Side Basin and the like getting crammed into miniscule ridges despite the biome map file painting a different picture. Hmm.

EDIT: Aha, and there's a period missing for the green value of Venus' Volcanic Rise biome, no wonder I couldn't find it.

Edited by SorensonPA

Hi I'm quite new to this (modding etc) but i have been doing step by step and back up as i go and making sure a mod works before i continue, anyway my problem/question is....

I have installed RSS, RSS Textures (as it says near the top of the post), I should say at this point in case it makes a difference this is with no saved games, so i only a new fresh game, anyway at this point with those two mods i started a new game went to go look at the solar system in all its glory to find Only Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, but thats it no Mars, Venus or Mercury, and i also noticed that Neptune and Uranus Velocity was the wrong way round too, so with that in mind i thought maybe i just need to install Outer Planets Mod. So off i go and install that, but upon loading and getting back into the game still no Mars, Venus or Mercury, and also no new planets etc from Outer Planets Mod (i go no errors and i followed the installation instructions about clearing out ALL of the Cache folder from the Kopernicus Mod).

So at this point I figure its the building that needs upgrading so I upgrade that to the next stage and still nothing, i can't expand it to the next one after that as its 580K, but surely if i can see all the way out to Neptune and far in as the sun i should be able to see Mars, Venus and Mercury, please please PLEASE help what has gone wrong, why are those 3 and the ones from Outer Planets not loading?

Also this is a list of other Addon's which was installed before RSS

(all are the latest version of themselves)

As Required: Kopernicus

Also: Kopernicus Expantion

Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

EVE

Active Texture Management (Aggressive Release)

Planet Shine

Texture Replacer

Distant Object Enhancement (although Since the RSS was installed the icon's to use this have gone, So i haven't messed with this mod while RSS has been running)

Thank you in advance for any help you or the community can offer and i REALLY hope it can get resolved as i LOVE this mod (I used it from the get go pre- Version 1.0+)

Also am i right in assuming the mods to introduce new systems (Boris, Sentar, Sigma, Trans-Keptunian and Other Worlds mod) work with RSS?

As Required: Kopernicus

Also: Kopernicus Expantion

This is probably what's causing your problem. do a clean install without these two mods. Kopernicus is included in the RSS download, so when you installed Kopernicus into your game, it probably overwrote the RSS configs with configs meant for the stock solar system. I don't know if the expantion mod is compatible with RSS, but I highly doubt it.

Edit: Also the outer planets mod is incompatible with this mod.

Edited by Rabada

This is probably what's causing your problem. do a clean install without these two mods. Kopernicus is included in the RSS download, so when you installed Kopernicus into your game, it probably overwrote the RSS configs with configs meant for the stock solar system. I don't know if the expantion mod is compatible with RSS, but I highly doubt it.

Edit: Also the outer planets mod is incompatible with this mod.

It is incompatible because RSS is build for Kopernicus v0.2.4, while OPM and KE are build for Kopernicus v0.3.3

When RSS gets updated for 0.3.3, they should become compatible again

Hi Guys I have this bug... The KSC is in the midde of water. Any other location is also bugged. For example Baikonur Cosmodrome is several meters under the surface. Here are the pics and the list of mods I'm currently using.

http://s14.postimg.org/7rj3gpqdt/KSC1.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/dbvkrcp8x/KSC2.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/lmlzcxa6p/Mods1.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/7c7tnp4gh/Mods2.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/oqs1vz1ld/Mods3.jpg

Edited by Michael1856
grammar error