[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Hi I'm quite new to this (modding etc) but i have been doing step by step and back up as i go and making sure a mod works before i continue, anyway my problem/question is....

I have installed RSS, RSS Textures (as it says near the top of the post), I should say at this point in case it makes a difference this is with no saved games, so i only a new fresh game, anyway at this point with those two mods i started a new game went to go look at the solar system in all its glory to find Only Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, but thats it no Mars, Venus or Mercury, and i also noticed that Neptune and Uranus Velocity was the wrong way round too, so with that in mind i thought maybe i just need to install Outer Planets Mod. So off i go and install that, but upon loading and getting back into the game still no Mars, Venus or Mercury, and also no new planets etc from Outer Planets Mod (i go no errors and i followed the installation instructions about clearing out ALL of the Cache folder from the Kopernicus Mod).

So at this point I figure its the building that needs upgrading so I upgrade that to the next stage and still nothing, i can't expand it to the next one after that as its 580K, but surely if i can see all the way out to Neptune and far in as the sun i should be able to see Mars, Venus and Mercury, please please PLEASE help what has gone wrong, why are those 3 and the ones from Outer Planets not loading?

Also this is a list of other Addon's which was installed before RSS

(all are the latest version of themselves)

As Required: Kopernicus

Also: Kopernicus Expantion

Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

EVE

Active Texture Management (Aggressive Release)

Planet Shine

Texture Replacer

Distant Object Enhancement (although Since the RSS was installed the icon's to use this have gone, So i haven't messed with this mod while RSS has been running)

Thank you in advance for any help you or the community can offer and i REALLY hope it can get resolved as i LOVE this mod (I used it from the get go pre- Version 1.0+)

Also am i right in assuming the mods to introduce new systems (Boris, Sentar, Sigma, Trans-Keptunian and Other Worlds mod) work with RSS?

They don't.

This is probably what's causing your problem. do a clean install without these two mods. Kopernicus is included in the RSS download, so when you installed Kopernicus into your game, it probably overwrote the RSS configs with configs meant for the stock solar system. I don't know if the expantion mod is compatible with RSS, but I highly doubt it.

Edit: Also the outer planets mod is incompatible with this mod.

Thank you for your reply, how I did install Kopernicus before RSS so RSS overwrote the files anyway but thank you.

It is incompatible because RSS is build for Kopernicus v0.2.4, while OPM and KE are build for Kopernicus v0.3.3

When RSS gets updated for 0.3.3, they should become compatible again

RSS is not compatible with any other planet mod, that is loaded / applied before :AFTER[RealSolarSystem], because it nukes the whole system and introduces the bodies from scratch. ;)
They don't.

And thank you to you 3 for your time in replying and your help. I guess i will just have to wait until RSS is compatable with V0.3.3 or what ever new version he has when its updated, again thank you guys (or girls) for your help.

I noticed what I believe is probably a general issue to the Biome map - it's reversed for me.

Well, not reversed, as I know it's supposed to be upside down to get correct readings from KSP, but it's more mirrored - where the left side is on the right and vice versa.

Here is an updated version that actually displays correct biome information - no more launching from Florida and getting North Pole science data. I just used an internet based app for mirroring the image so someone might want to make another copy to ensure that it didn't lose anything to compression, but it has been working out well for me.

kwVuJTL.png

kwVuJTL.png

I noticed what I believe is probably a general issue to the Biome map - it's reversed for me.

Well, not reversed, as I know it's supposed to be upside down to get correct readings from KSP, but it's more mirrored - where the left side is on the right and vice versa.

Here is an updated version that actually displays correct biome information - no more launching from Florida and getting North Pole science data. I just used an internet based app for mirroring the image so someone might want to make another copy to ensure that it didn't lose anything to compression, but it has been working out well for me.

http://i.imgur.com/kwVuJTL.png

http://i.imgur.com/kwVuJTL.png

Have you gone into map mode and turned on 'Biomes Visible in Map' to see how your flipped texture lines up with the terrain?

Nathan, does the texture pack do anything including completely F-ing up the Kerbal portraits on launches? Did my first launch and their textures were smashed up, all crazy, had white suit and orange suit overlapped, some weird clipping thing made it look like they had big bushy british empire-esque moustaches, I aborted the launch because I was so horrified about the portraits.

Is this a bug with the texture pack? If it's not it must be another mod I have, but I don't have any other mods that change textures... Hmm...

On another note: Lovin' the mod so far, you're doing good, I wonder if anyone has ever actually done a manned mission in RSS beyond Mars?

Nathan, does the texture pack do anything including completely F-ing up the Kerbal portraits on launches? Did my first launch and their textures were smashed up, all crazy, had white suit and orange suit overlapped, some weird clipping thing made it look like they had big bushy british empire-esque moustaches, I aborted the launch because I was so horrified about the portraits.
RSS should never do that.
On another note: Lovin' the mod so far, you're doing good, I wonder if anyone has ever actually done a manned mission in RSS beyond Mars?
Plenty have. There's a manned mission to the surface of Venus and a landing on Pluto out there in YouTube land.

When I travelled to Mars, my craft smashed some of it's details at KSC different buildings during interplanetary track.

21YNK.png

Crew was exterminated, craft became unoperable. When the rest faced the Mars, I've seen that bug.

21YNL.png

21YNM.png

21YNN.png

Too many bugs in a minute for me...

Anyone know how to build working rockets in this mod? XD I'm failing miserably at this, at least I got Jeb into space.

(P.S. That graphical glitch turned out to be because I'd clipped and put 2 command pods in the same place, so the Kerbals were kind of clipping into eachother in IVA or something, when one Kerbal got out it was fine.)

A design i like :

- 1 pod

- 1 real chute cone

- procédural decoupler

- procédural tank (cryo)

- 1 engine (dont remember the name, has 5 ignitions)

- procédural découpler

- procédural tank

- 1 Merlin engins

- 3x latéral découpler

- 3x procédural tank

- 3x Merlin engine

A rule i follow :

Looking at mechjeb delta-v, make sure stage 0 has 1.20 on SLT, and the other stages 1.0 or 0.98 on TWR

Hey! I am getting lag in RSS games when my part count goes anywhere above 50. Horrible FPS lag - the higher it goes over 50, the worse FPS I get. However, when I am on the pad, lagging around - and I enter non-physical time warp, my framerate jumps back up to 60 (with the big part count rocket and all) and it looks amazing. It seems only when the physics kick in are high-part count ships REALLY lagging me - and this only happens on RSS games. Any reason why this may be? Is it a Unity limitation? I wouldn't think so...I don't see much evidence of this anywhere else, and I would think people get pretty peeved when they cant render more than 50 parts without bad framerate lag.

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention that my CPU is varying between 18 and 22 percent during all of this - lag or not, so that isn't the issue.

ThomasTheHuman: Welcome to the forums! :)

Check the top of the OP in this thread, it has links to other mods. You probably want S^3.

Alexoff: Yep, Raidernick told me about it a couple days ago. I'm working on it and will release a new RSS patch when fixed.

Okay then, will have to make insane 10km/s rockets that I can't comprehend, is it even possible with 2.5m or 1.25m parts?

Orbital speed in Low Earth Orbit is around 7.5 km/s or so, so the 9.1 km/s of launch dV seem to be largely plausible to me. Probably more than that, if you're not hitting a near-optimal ascent trajectory.

I haven't played RSS without Realism Overhaul, so I can't say anything about that combination. But at least with Realism Overhaul, building something small that goes into orbit isn't particularly hard, and doesn't require huge parts - real life fuels and engines provide much more delta-v than the parts in the stock game (mostly because the parts in the stock game have been gimped so achieving the measly 3500 dV you need to get into Kerbin orbit is still some sort of a challenge). You can build a multi-stage sounding rocket that manages to bring something Sputnik-like into LEO...