[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

33 minutes ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Alright, back to business. Is there any known problem between Kerbal Alarm Clock and RSS?
I just installed KAC (And it worked! I'm ecstatic!), and want to give RSS another shot.

Nope :) 

Changelog
v10.5

• Fixes to Russian launch sites thanks to Niemand303.
  • Fix to Kodiak launch site thanks to CitizenVeen.
  • Planetshine configs thanks to valerian.
  • Support non-RP-0 science thanks to Kerbas-ad-astra and GregRoxMun.
  • Rings fix thanks to Sigma88.
  • Some fixes to Deimos and Phobs thanks to KillAshley and GregroxMun.
  • Add back missing MSFN ground stations (as of 1963).
  • North Korean launch site thanks to eggrobin.
  • Fix issues with some biomes that had crept in on the transition to 1.0.
  • Update atmospheric bodies' atmospheres and temperature curves thanks to OhioBob. NOTE Earth's atmosphere now ends at 140km!
  • Refine Earth PQS/scaled space transititon to attempt to improve RVE integration.
  • Titan fixes from GregroxMun.
  • Atmosphere color/ramp fixes from GregroxMun.

@Charlie the Kerbal you need to go to settings (from the main menu in KSP) and choose Earth Time rather than Kerbin Time. :)

Also note that GEO (GTO is a geostationary transfer orbit, i.e. 35786km x 185km) has a period equal to the sidereal rotation period, not the solar day. Sidereal period for Earth is 23h 56m 4.1s. ;)

First off, the new update looks very nice.

Though I noticed some harsh transition at around 101km to 104km where the ground textures tend to go white and flicker and right after that the graphics change to a fine and nice hazy layer. 

I don't think the screens can express it well enough, but I can't record atm: 

It always happens at this altitude. I guess it's connected to the new RVE integration attempt, as there was a similar issue before with installed RVE. 

Hi guys - I have a noob question that I'm hoping somebody can help me with.  

I'm trying to install the RSS mod on Mac OSX via CKAN/Mono, but when I select the RSS  and texture pack checkboxes, the "Apply Changes" option at the top of CKAN is greyed out.  Am I missing something?

My KSP version is 1.0.5, which apparently is supported by the mod.

Edited by badgerforpresident

First of all, thanks for your work on this mod, the change to Kopernicus was great and now is very easy to edit everything!

I've installed everything and followed instructions to the letter, everything works perfect but the rings, what could be wrong?

Thanks again!

Hello everyone! Sorry guys if it's a daft question, but is there an oxygen on earth? I mean, when I try to remove a helmet game says that there is no breathable atmosphere.

Have I messed up the mod installation or, is it something else? Sorry again if it was discussed before

Edited by panourgue
Grammar

I apologize if this is not the place to ask, but how do I get multiple launch sites to work? Regex is not maintaining KSCSwitcher anymore and the download link does not work due to Kerbalstuff shutting down.

Is KSCSwitcher a part of Realism Overhaul now, or is it possible to get it to work without RO?

14 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@panourgue that's a TR issue. It needs to know that Earth is breathable.

Thank you! Reinstalling TR fixed the issue. Unfortunately afterwards I discovered that TR cripples my performance on EVA for some bizarre reason, so no taking off spacesuit for me.

Also I wanted to say that your work on KSP is amazing, just so you know. I really appreciate all you are doing :D