[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

8 minutes ago, Ravenchant said:

Is that with RP-0 installed? The time setting is in the game settings under "Use Earth time" or somesuch.

No R-0 is not installed. Isn't it possible without RP-0 beceause it causes problems in my game.

Does anyone have a config for Scatterer that works without using RVE? I can't use RVE because the effects are far too CPU intensive for my machine at the moment.

I tried installing Scatterer using the advice from the first post there (renaming the folders for Earth & Mars) but I just get a black sky and no effects. Scatterer works fine without RSS, so I know it's not a GPU issue.

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@MainSailordid you also replace the planet references inside the "planetsList.cfg" file? Just asking because you did not mention anything about it.

I'll have to double check, but I'm 99 percent sure I did, because I remember writing over that block.

Hello!!  So i Need help to download because im confused i dont know what file i need to download (im stranger and im not cool at english) sorry for grammar and some mistakes :-(.

Please tell me What Thing Or Things i need to download im really confused so help me...

thanks for all!

2 hours ago, JeeF said:

Hey Nathan, do you have any ETA on an update of RSS, RF, RO and RP-0 for 1.1?

They are being worked on. Time permitting, they will be released as they are completed and found free of bugs.

Friendly reminder to all, the question has now been asked once, no need to ask the same question again:

2 minutes ago, stratochief66 said:

They are being worked on. Time permitting, they will be released as they are completed and found free of bugs.

Friendly reminder to all, the question has now been asked once, no need to ask the same question again:

Funny, I was 100% sure the first one to reply to my question would be someone saying "quit asking". Interesting that a simple question about an ETA can be considered "harassment". 

I'm not demanding anything, nor am I expecting anything, I'm simply asking a question that hasn't been asked yet, and that only the he can answer. The rule you quoted doesn't apply in this case. 1.1 just came out and nobody has asked of him any forecast or ETA about his mods and updates, so it's a genuine and valid question.

As far as I'm concerned he can say 24h or 24years, to which I'd reply "thank you". It's nice to have an ETA and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious about what he'd answer.

That "they are being worked on" is obvious, as well as "they will be released as they are completed". Thanks for your input though, however it didn't answer my question and it remains to be answered by someone who knows the answer.

@JeeF Please observe that stratochief66 did not accuse you of harassment or say you were breaking that rule, just reminded people that now the question has been asked and shouldn't be asked again. 

ETAs for mods are tough because most modders have other commitments and work on them in their spare time. Maybe there'll be an answer for you, maybe not.

I just loaded up Kerbal, coffee and toast ready to get me through these few moments while both kids are napping simultaneously, and decided to check on my Moon mission, on obtital assembly at at Low equatorial Earth orbit, awaiting the crew Fuel, and propulsion modules, and found to my amusement that I was on a pretty interesting Mun-influenced Sunar insertion maneuver that hit Minmus (more or less) center-mass at 7km/sec.

So that was interesting. New GUI is pretty tho.  Good luck with the fix NK! 

"Green Light"
-Captain Pyke

It'll be out when it's ready. As Red says, we often have other commitments. In my case, my other commitment has been (and is) "make KSP work." :P

Doesn't look like too long a wait, but I don't feel right giving an estimate.

4 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

It'll be out when it's ready. As Red says, we often have other commitments. In my case, my other commitment has been (and is) "make KSP work." :P

Doesn't look like too long a wait, but I don't feel right giving an estimate.

Thank you!

I was so hyped to play KSP 1.1 but I suddenly noticed that I don't feel the same enjoyment playing 1.1. It feels like my heart isn't in it and I lack enthusiasm to venture out and gather science. And then I realized what was missing. I realized how much entertainment I get from the immersion provided by Real Solar System. What a great, great mod. Thank you so much for coding it.

21 hours ago, Six6igma said:

I was so hyped to play KSP 1.1 but I suddenly noticed that I don't feel the same enjoyment playing 1.1. It feels like my heart isn't in it and I lack enthusiasm to venture out and gather science. And then I realized what was missing. I realized how much entertainment I get from the immersion provided by Real Solar System. What a great, great mod. Thank you so much for coding it.

This is so true. For some of us, KSP is not complete without RSS (well RO as well). I was really hoping for KSP to switch to RSS/RO after changing Kerbin time to Earth time, but perhaps they left something for 2.0 :)

I've yet to try out RSS/RO (still learning a lot in the teeny stock system), but I follow it as a cool destination that I want to get to.

40 minutes ago, Charlie the Kerbal said:

This is so true. For some of us, KSP is not complete without RSS (well RO as well). I was really hoping for KSP to switch to RSS/RO after changing Kerbin time to Earth time, but perhaps they left something for 2.0 :)

Wait, what ?!?  AFAIK, KSP still has Kerbin time and Squad's even made it the default, as I remember changing the KSP 1.1 initial settings to use Earth time.  And Kerbin still rotates in 6 hours unless I install a major mod like RSS that adjusts that.

17 hours ago, Jacke said:

I've yet to try out RSS/RO (still learning a lot in the teeny stock system), but I follow it as a cool destination that I want to get to.

Wait, what ?!?  AFAIK, KSP still has Kerbin time and Squad's even made it the default, as I remember changing the KSP 1.1 initial settings to use Earth time.  And Kerbin still rotates in 6 hours unless I install a major mod like RSS that adjusts that.

So all I want is the real planets textures on stock Kerbal size planets with the rest of the planets at that same scale so I can use all the stock parts as normal.

I want to have real looking places to go so I can teach people about the real system.  I don't care about all the rest of the realism stuff...

Will this mod do that?  Will the first post be updated with 1.1 compatibility or is that buried somewhere in all these pages of replies?

6 minutes ago, FITorion said:

So all I want is the real planets textures on stock Kerbal size planets with the rest of the planets at that same scale so I can use all the stock parts as normal.

I want to have real looking places to go so I can teach people about the real system.  I don't care about all the rest of the realism stuff...

Will this mod do that?  Will the first post be updated with 1.1 compatibility or is that buried somewhere in all these pages of replies?

No, the planets will be 10x the size of stock. Try using RealSolarSystem and SigmaDimensions, setting the size options to 0.1 to reduce them to stock size

7 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

No, the planets will be 10x the size of stock. Try using RealSolarSystem and SigmaDimensions, setting the size options to 0.1 to reduce them to stock size

Does RealSolarSystem scale up the power of the stock parts to work with the new sizes?  if it does then that's fine too.