[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

30 minutes ago, FITorion said:

Does RealSolarSystem scale up the power of the stock parts to work with the new sizes?

Not really. You would do better doing the workaround proposed above by @KillAshley or installing some of the mods that bring engine performance and tank dry weights to more realistic figures, otherwise you will need really big rockets.

1 hour ago, FITorion said:

So all I want is the real planets textures on stock Kerbal size planets with the rest of the planets at that same scale so I can use all the stock parts as normal.

I want to have real looking places to go so I can teach people about the real system.  I don't care about all the rest of the realism stuff...

Will this mod do that?  Will the first post be updated with 1.1 compatibility or is that buried somewhere in all these pages of replies?

On 1.05, you just had to get the Real Solar System and install with it the Small Scale Solarsystem (1/10th, i.e. Kerbin-scale, real solar system)  proposed in the first page, first post..

With it, you dont need the RO and/or other needed Realism mods on regular RSS.

Thats why i choosed to use this 1/10 modification, cause i find RO kinda hard, same for other Realism mods .

I hope this feature will be working on the 1.1 ^^

Just have to be patient for 1.1 when its released from our Great NathanKell eheh ^^

Again, i dont know if it will work directly or if it will need any adjustment.

All i can say is that it exist and i played it.

And the post is always updated eheh ^^

Guys please forgive my english if it hurts your eyes ^

And always thanks NathanKell for this wonderfull mod allowing us to travel in our wonderfull Solar System.

Edited by Loup

Changelog
v11.0.0

• Update for KSP 1.1.
  • Default to on demand off (x64!)
  • Interoperate with Texture Replacer (helmetless on Earth).
  • Force High preset for PQS.
  • Use the full set of temperature curves from OhioBob now that KSP properly supports seasonal temperature changes.
  • Thanks to Sigma88, RSS supports SigmaBinary for Pluto/Charon if SigmaBinary is installed.
  • PQS Material fixes for 1.1 from KillAshley.

Thank you for the mod :) I've been waiting in the shadows for this and 64k and real fuels ect. I'm super happy to see this being updated :D now I can finally play 1.1 because I never play ksp stock system anymore! I have to have atleast 64k or rss, this made my night :)

3 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Changelog
v11.0.0

• Update for KSP 1.1.
  • Use the full set of temperature curves from OhioBob now that KSP properly supports seasonal temperature changes.
  • Thanks to Sigma88, RSS supports SigmaBinary for Pluto/Charon if SigmaBinary is installed.

Thanks for this! I will wait for RO and RP0 to be update for KSP 1.1 before installing it though (and for RSS to appear in my CKAN :wink: )

So the instructions in the first post tell me to download the textures but neglect to tell me what to do with them now that I have them.

So since the texture zip has the textures in a file folder Named gamedata... I've assumed they go in KSPs identically named file.  I think it may have worked...  it's just that using the KSP size planets... Florida is water except for the launch site until you zoom out far enough and it appears.  does it do this with out the addition of the Small Scale Solarsystem mod?

Edited by FITorion

Is anybody else having the issue that the Kerbals don't get any experience in career mode? Might be related to another mod (or at least an interaction between RSS and another mod), but I was using career before with the same mods except for RSS and now that I cloned my game, added RSS and started a new career, the issue started to pop up.

/edit: Never mind. It seems like restarting the game fixed the issue. Weird...

Edited by caipi

7 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Update for KSP 1.1

Woohoo! I can play KSP again! There are essential KSP mods but Real Solar System stands above them all, alone at the top of the pyramid. Thank you so much for the time and effort you invest in creating and updating this extraordinary mod for us.

Edited by Six6igma

7 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Changelog
v11.0.0

• Update for KSP 1.1.

I want to have your Kerbabies

Thanks @NathanKell

11 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Thanks everybody! :)

@FITorion the readme in the textures pack should have install instructions.

there's no readme in the textures pack.  But I think I have it working... mostly.

My 2 issues at the moment are that Florida is water... and Saturn doesn't have rings. 

Edited by FITorion

First time poster, long-time follower! I decided to create an account to show my appreciation to the people who put their time into making KSP as realistic as possible. You guys are modding this game into the game I've been waiting for for many years. Many thanks to all who have contributed!

On a sidenote, I have just installed the RSS mod for KSP 1.1. As expected, I can't get into orbit because Earth is 10 times bigger than Kerbin. My question is, what mods do I install to enjoy some more realism until RO is updated to 1.1? (Assume I have only RSS installed)

I have also tried getting some clouds over Earth, but I've failed. Is there already a way to make Earth less ''naked" or must I patiently wait until other mods are updated?

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast
Correcting grammar and stuff.

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

@FITorionfor the Saturn rings: navigate to the "GameData/RealSolarSystem/RSSKopernicus/Saturn/Saturn.cfg". The values for the parameters at the lines 109 & 110 should read "2500" and "1250" respectively.

I'm using Small Scale Solarsystem as linked in the first post to get planets in KSP scale so I can use stock parts.  so my values for the rings are 250 and 125.

Also rss has unlit set to true where as sss has unlit set to false.  That's the only other difference I see.

Edited by FITorion

Amazing job dear Nathan ! Thank you :) 

Umm, but i have some problems. Not with textures, they work just amazing for me. 

Without RSS/Kopernicus mods i get instant 60fps (I set 60 as a limit), without RSS/Kopernicus mods but with Scatterer mod fsp bounces between 45-60. But when i open game with RSS/Kopernicus mods, i get 4-7 fps. Doesnt matter if textures are 2k or 8k, or doesnt matter if only mods are RSS/Kopernicus or all the mods together. I instantly get 4-7fps :(

Do you have any idea about possible reason of the problem ? 

edit: 64bit

Edited by oguz

@FITorion if you go into the folders in the zip you'll find the readme. As to the other things, they sound like SSS issues.

@SpaceEnthusiast If you're just using stock parts, or parts that use stock resources etc, you can use ROMini.

@oguz need more info than just that. See the how to get support thread please:

1 hour ago, stuff said:

what do I need to get this to work and look like the earth map. I have downloaded rss but not sure how to use it or what it needs

You also need the textures.  1 of the three different resolutions which are linked in the first post.  That then needs to be unzipped in the gamedata folder like rss was.

Edited by FITorion

Just now, FITorion said:

You also need the textures.  1 of the three different resolutions which are linked in the first post.  That then needs to be unzipped in the gamedata folder like rss was.

thank you what about the clouds i have seen i have eve clouds but does not work as far as i can tell will rss