[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Fresh install - OSX... + KER  4k textures seem to work just fine.

Also attempted the 8k textures, But I only see a sliver of earth displayed in the tracking centre view.  They did seem to work on my 1.0.5 install just fine.

Not a big deal, just wondering if there is any further thoughts on this...

2 minutes ago, FITorion said:

You also need the textures.  1 of the three different resolutions which are linked in the first post.  That then needs to be unzipped in the gamedata folder like rss was.

I have no problems getting my solar system to look like Earth's solar system, both actual size and 1/10th size. I'm eager to learn how you guys work around not having to build bigger rockets due to 10 times larger size of earth without a Realism Overhaul 1.1 update. 

6 hours ago, FITorion said:

there's no readme in the textures pack.  But I think I have it working... mostly.

My 2 issues at the moment are that Florida is water... and Saturn doesn't have rings. 

I found the issue with florida being underwater.

Go to the SSS folder and open the SSSKopernicus cfg file.

find the Earth section and look at VertexHeightMap
                {
                    offset = -710.0
                    deformity = 4325.0
                    map = RSS-Textures/PluginData/EarthHeight.dds

The -710 is too high. I adjusted to -410 and the whole planet was dry. Trying again now at -610 to see if that is closer. Will update if I find a good number.

idk why but in my game, both sea level and saturn rings look perfect, umm.

btw i found the reason of low fps, it is about Graphic Card's memory (mine is 2GB). I think i need this mod : 

but it doesnt work right now (it crashes, as modder said there is one bug). Is there any other mod like that ? like "loading textures on demand" thing ?

Regards :P

11 hours ago, oguz said:

idk why but in my game, both sea level and saturn rings look perfect, umm.

btw i found the reason of low fps, it is about Graphic Card's memory (mine is 2GB). I think i need this mod : 

but it doesnt work right now (it crashes, as modder said there is one bug). Is there any other mod like that ? like "loading textures on demand" thing ?

Regards :P

Try "force-d3d11" - google it. Also try clean install of ksp/rss (with required Module manager and Kopernikus) without any other mods. 

12 hours ago, emtguf said:

I found the issue with florida being underwater.

Go to the SSS folder and open the SSSKopernicus cfg file.

find the Earth section and look at VertexHeightMap
                {
                    offset = -710.0
                    deformity = 4325.0
                    map = RSS-Textures/PluginData/EarthHeight.dds

The -710 is too high. I adjusted to -410 and the whole planet was dry. Trying again now at -610 to see if that is closer. Will update if I find a good number.

Thanks.  -610 looks pretty much right.  Close enough for my purposes.

Now I just have to figure out Saturn's rings and I'm all good.

The surface of the moon is completely white on my install. Verified on a clean RSS/Kopernicus install. Above 127000m it's fine, and then it gradually changes to completely white from 127000 to 102000. It's most noticable where the sun is directly above the surface. Any ideas?

PQS
        {
            maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03
            minLevel = 2
            maxLevel = 9
            minDetailDistance = 8
            deactivateAltitude = 167000
            fadeStart = 102000
            fadeEnd = 127000

Edited by larsmoen

20 hours ago, FITorion said:

there's no readme in the textures pack.  But I think I have it working... mostly.

My 2 issues at the moment are that Florida is water... and Saturn doesn't have rings. 

Florida is sinking underwater? Well this is a realism mod...

I've been messing with the ring values trying to get the rings to show up...

I put in the rss values into sss and bam rings.  and they look right... which doesn't make sense.  If I understand what's going on... which I probably don't...  with the default rss values in sss they should be huge... filling the whole Saturn system. But they aren't... they're right where they should be...

I don't get why it's working now... but it is.  so... Hurray!

Though... I now I'm wondering if SSS is actually down scaling Saturn correctly...  or any planet really...

Edited by FITorion

3 hours ago, vgamble said:

Try "force-d3d11" - google it. Also try clean install of ksp/rss (with required Module manager and Kopernikus) without any other mods. 

Thank you my friend, " force-d3d11" reduced both RAM usage and Craphic Card memory usage (I have 16gb Ram anyway but GPU memory usage reduced to 1.2GB from 2GB :P ) but fps doesnt change. I think i was wrong, fps problem didnt have connection with GPU memory usage. Idk what to do right now lol, my GPU usage is %40-50 and CPU usage is %15-25 when i am in KSP, and getting 17-22fps ingame, with 15-20 parts (60fps without RSS/Kopernicus). Is that normal ? I mean maybe it is what Rss does? Couldt i get more fps if my GPU and CPU usages were %90-100 ? :P 

edit : i get same FPS even if i make graphic options of the game lowest, or maximum (AAx8, maximum shader/texture etc), it doesnt change fps :D 

Edited by oguz

9 hours ago, oguz said:

Thank you my friend, " force-d3d11" reduced both RAM usage and Craphic Card memory usage (I have 16gb Ram anyway but GPU memory usage reduced to 1.2GB from 2GB :P ) but fps doesnt change. I think i was wrong, fps problem didnt have connection with GPU memory usage. Idk what to do right now lol, my GPU usage is %40-50 and CPU usage is %15-25 when i am in KSP, and getting 17-22fps ingame, with 15-20 parts (60fps without RSS/Kopernicus). Is that normal ? I mean maybe it is what Rss does? Couldt i get more fps if my GPU and CPU usages were %90-100 ? :P 

edit : i get same FPS even if i make graphic options of the game lowest, or maximum (AAx8, maximum shader/texture etc), it doesnt change fps :D 

You need help of someone more experienced than i. Follow the link that Mr. NathanKell gave you. Good luck )

Allready tried downloading the latest textures, as i did have an outdated pack, and did not work. Never had this problem in 1.0.5. Wonder if it has something to do with the new PQS settings. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b2krxps40jerxc/output_log.txt?dl=0

Output log. Also experiencing somewhat low fps/stuttering from the start up screen and in gameplay.

Edited by larsmoen

I'm also seeing a white-out of the Moon but only at certain altitudes. Was playing around with Hyperedit testing this and very low or high was fine but around ~100km everything was white. Mars' atmosphere also looked "off" not fading out properly with altitude.

KSP 1.1.0 x64 with RSS 11.0.0 and 8k textures (10.4) installed through CKAN. (no EVE or Scatterer).

Yeap. Moon's configs are a little of and needs tweaking.

I've changed contrast from 1.7 to 0.5, and now at last it looks gray.

If someone want quick change it is in RealSolarSystem\RSSKopernicus\Earth\Moon.cfg
Line 134 (under PQS and Material sections)
contrast = 0.5

10 hours ago, h1166751 said:

Yeap. Moon's configs are a little of and needs tweaking.

I've changed contrast from 1.7 to 0.5, and now at last it looks gray.

If someone want quick change it is in RealSolarSystem\RSSKopernicus\Earth\Moon.cfg
Line 134 (under PQS and Material sections)
contrast = 0.5

i think it was meant to read 0.7 instead of 1.7. Anyway I'm going over the planets again to polish the PQSMaterials, so hopefully wont take long to sort out everything.