[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

1 hour ago, LTL King said:

So I want to try 6.4 but can't get it to work.

I have the texture pack korpinicus. What's wrong.

3 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Get SMURFF mod, it makes parts have real mass, and fuel tanks have real mass ratios.

3 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Wrong quote lol

Right quote. You just didn't read what I qutoed.

5 hours ago, LTL King said:

So I want to try 6.4 but can't get it to work.

4 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Get SMURFF mod, it makes parts have real mass, and fuel tanks have real mass ratios.

So your response to getting 6.4 to work is to get smurff.

Edited by LTL King

30 minutes ago, LTL King said:

Right quote. You just didn't read what I qutoed.

So your response to getting 6.4 to work is to get smurff.

I was responding to this part of quote: Still end up using infin full to get to orbit and rockets insanely big in RSS.

SMURFF reduces size needed for rockets, as it gives real world mass ratios for tanks.

On 8/16/2016 at 8:36 AM, LTL King said:

Still end up using infin full to get to orbit and rockets insanely big in RSS. So I want to try 6.4 but can't get it to work.

So anyone know what's wrong here. Is there a specific texture needed or is something else wrong.

1 hour ago, LTL King said:

So anyone know what's wrong here. Is there a specific texture needed or is something else wrong.

What exactly is going wrong? "It no work!" isn't very helpful.

Edited by Ralathon

On 8/16/2016 at 8:36 AM, LTL King said:

Still end up using infin full to get to orbit and rockets insanely big in RSS. So I want to try 6.4 but can't get it to work.

Who the heck knows? As @raxo2222 says, your posts are a little vague and we're not telepaths with the ability to divine the problem remotely.

But I do know this: 6.4 is not RSS even if it is linked to on the first page. It's a separate distinct mod. So delete RSS entirely if you haven't already done so prior to trying to install 6.4

Then take any 6.4 related problems to the thread for 6.4 (link below)

13 hours ago, Ralathon said:

What exactly is going wrong? "It no work!" isn't very helpful.

It no load. It no 6.4 scale.

It look stock

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

So delete RSS entirely if you haven't already done so prior to trying to install 6.4

Don't have RSS installed. I have 3 mods installed. Korpincus texture and 6.4.

Edited by LTL King

2 minutes ago, LTL King said:

It no load. It still stock.

It kerbin scale.

Don't have RSS installed. I have 3 mods installed. Korpincus texture and 6.4.

Then you should probably be asking this question on the 64k scale mod. I'm guessing you didn't properly follow the instructions of kscale64:

"Installation Instructions

If you really only have Kopernicus, 6.4 and a texture (What texture? 64k shouldn't have textures) then you definitely didn't follow the instructions.

Good day everyone, I have installed RSS/RO via CKAN, And it seems that the kerbin is still stock and not real sized earth, What did i do wrong? i literally followed the instruction on BevolJ's Video.

Edited by Haxorlols
Grammar error

3 hours ago, Haxorlols said:

Good day everyone, I have installed RSS/RO via CKAN, And it seems that the kerbin is still stock and not real sized earth, What did i do wrong? i literally followed the instruction on BevolJ's Video.

How about linking that video. Also, always use the install instructions on the front page, 3rd party instructions might be dated:

- Download a texture pack (2048, 4096 or 8192), extract and dump the contained RSS-Textures folder into Gamedata.

- Download the plugin, extract and dump the contained Kopernicus folder, RealSolarSystem folder, Modularflightintegrator folder and Modulemanager.dll into your gamedata folder.

If you did exactly that and it still doesn't work, report back

6 hours ago, Ralathon said:

How about linking that video. Also, always use the install instructions on the front page, 3rd party instructions might be dated:

- Download a texture pack (2048, 4096 or 8192), extract and dump the contained RSS-Textures folder into Gamedata.

- Download the plugin, extract and dump the contained Kopernicus folder, RealSolarSystem folder, Modularflightintegrator folder and Modulemanager.dll into your gamedata folder.

If you did exactly that and it still doesn't work, report back

God day everyone, It seems CKAN Failed to install Kopernicus, And i had to Install Kopernicus< KSCSwitcher,And the RSSDate thingy all by myself.It's all good now, Thanks for your concern

Good day, guys!

Can you kindly help me, i have installed RSS via SKAN + 4k textures, but i have a veeeeeery blury terrain around space center,

In video from Youtube terrain looks like this:

gME3U2y30xw.jpg

And my terrain looks like :

Snfce3XU3pk.jpg

thats why i cant "feel" altitude, when flying, and landing, and also, shadows disapper after (approx) 200 m.

All settings are very high.

Pls kindly help me, i am very grateful in advance.

Sorry for very bad english and stupid questions, thanks in advance for support.

You probably have to look which version of RSS works with whatever version of KSP you have.

I have a problem that highly annoys me. Browsed the last few pages but couldn't find it for this version of RSS: "Ground" isn't where it is supposed to be. Sometimes stuff is floating, sometimes it's partially buried, but the planetary meshes and textures never really fit together. Here is an example from a clean RSS installation i just did (its the same for upgraded launchpads):

Spoiler

XubxwcQ.png

It's not gamebreaking, altough stuff sometimes explodes under timewarp when floating (happened only on the moon, could've been smth else). Also heavier rockets "jump" upon loading on the launchpad (can be prevented with clamps).

I'll add the Output_log if needed, but the only thing wrong i see there is a steamworks exception (normal, i have several KSP installations).

Edit: Nevermind the above, i just replaced all the dependancies and that solved the problem. ModularFlightIntegrator/my stupidity was the culprit (i didn't download a fresh RSS but used the one downloaded at 6th of july), but just incase, i thought i mention that the problem is solved with 1.1.6.

Edited by elpollodiablo

Hi, is there a way to adjust the earth's atmosphere colors' heights using the config files; because scatterer normally does it for the old version of RSS on 1.0.4. But since i have the latest version of RSS for KSP 1.1.3, the atmosphere colors altitudes (height) are unrealistically high, for example the upper blue layer is around 200 km up but I'm trying to re-scale it to 30km up.  Can u help?

Example of a rescaled atmosphere colors realistically using scatterer  (previously achieved in old RSS version)                   RSS earth colors too high                              

15 hours ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Since Ksp is using a new version of Unity now, are 8k the textures still the highest achievable resolution, or would 16k textures be possible?

I would assume 16k textures would be possible.  It would likely require three things:

1) Someone to make them

2) a desktop super-computer to enjoy them

3) a wall-sized retina display as a safeguard.

I would therefore up-vote a 32k texture pack just for giggles.

23 hours ago, Wallygator said:

I don't think, that would be necessary. High-Res-Textures are performance-wise quite cheap, as long as you have enough memory on your graphics card and in your system to handle them. A system with 16 GB RAM/4 to 8 GB Video RAM should be perfectly capable for the task.

But I think, that such textures would have a hughe advantage for graphics quality. At the moment, a pixel at earth's equator should represents a 5 × 5 km square with the best textures. A bigger texture would quadruple the ammount of details. I found this on reddit, and it looks very spectacular: http://imgur.com/a/AlKdf#3

3 hours ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

I don't think, that would be necessary. High-Res-Textures are performance-wise quite cheap, as long as you have enough memory on your graphics card and in your system to handle them. A system with 16 GB RAM/4 to 8 GB Video RAM should be perfectly capable for the task.

But I think, that such textures would have a hughe advantage for graphics quality. At the moment, a pixel at earth's equator should represents a 5 × 5 km square with the best textures. A bigger texture would quadruple the ammount of details. I found this on reddit, and it looks very spectacular: http://imgur.com/a/AlKdf#3

That looks nice. I want it!

Hello, I'm using KSP 1.1.3 and the latest RSS, RO and other mods.

I'm trying a moon landing and I seem to be having "terrain issues", which is the reason I'm posting here.

Basically, no matter how carefully I zero my velocity, as soon as my lander legs touch the ground the lander starts bouncing and hopping slightly, and so it "slides" sideways at about 5 m/s until it loses balance and capsizes. There is no way to actually settle down and stop on the ground once it starts doing this.

I've edited the presistent.cfg to change the suspension parameters and I've come to the conclusion that they're not the cause of the problem (i.e. the lander doesn't bounce because the legs are too rigid).

My terrain detail is set to high, by the way.

Thank you for any assistance.

Dolin

Edited by Dolin

On 05/09/2016 at 0:33 PM, Wallygator said:

I would assume 16k textures would be possible.  It would likely require three things:

1) Someone to make them

3) a wall-sized retina display as a safeguard.

I would therefore up-vote a 32k texture pack just for giggles.

I've tried making a bigger than 8k texture for Earth using tiled textures for space simulators (i.e. Orbiter or Celestia). I've succesfully made a 16k Earth texture and it would be possible to make 16k textures for the Moon, mars and maybe a few other bodies.

I've run into problems with 32k textures and above because Photoshop refuses to export them as .dds, for some reason it always gives out a "image width and height must be multiples of four" error, even though the image size IS indeed correct.