[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

49 minutes ago, NADI said:

@monstah But in the SSTU thread it says that any problem I have with SSTU that is related to RSS RO I should ask for help here

Ah yes, I saw that. But if I'm correct, your last request was for an older version of SSTU, right? That's probably something people there can help you with, since some people play older versions of KSP for non RSS/RO-related reasons, like mod compatibility and long-running save games.

If I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

9 hours ago, ColKlonk2 said:

MaxL_1023: Ja, Same ascent path to approx 130Km at stage1, approx 190 at stage2.. a final orbit burn on MMH/NTO. G_forces never go above 4.5

nanomage: Hydrogen for both stages, twr is 1.40'sh for both stages,  dV is 9480

I just thought it a little was too easy.. maybe i  should check my previous rockets :)

that makes total sense. i thought first stage was a bit oversized but if it's hydrogen it's all good. 1.4 twr on the second stage is probably even better than actually required

As a totally side note, however, the real all-hydrogen Delta IV Heavy has a payload of 28.8 tons to 200x200 LEO with the gross mass of 733,000 kg, giving the weight to payload ratio of 25.45 . That might make some people think that rockets with 15 or 13.5 mass ratio are unrealistically efficient? What makes them possible in RO?

18 hours ago, monstah said:

Ah yes, I saw that. But if I'm correct, your last request was for an older version of SSTU, right? That's probably something people there can help you with, since some people play older versions of KSP for non RSS/RO-related reasons, like mod compatibility and long-running save games.

If I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

I meant I want a version that works with RSS RO int 1.1.3 not with stock KSP... I do have a version for 1.1.3 but it is just not compible with RSS RO so I cant use most of the parts because they are misconfigured.

45 minutes ago, NADI said:

I meant I want a version that works with RSS RO int 1.1.3 not with stock KSP... I do have a version for 1.1.3 but it is just not compible with RSS RO so I cant use most of the parts because they are misconfigured.

Take yourself over to curse. Here:  https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/241283-sstu-shadow-space-technologies-unlimited#t1:other-downloads

click on "other downloads" and you'll see all the available versions. Download the latest 1.1.3 version and be happy. 

5 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

Take yourself over to curse. Here:  https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/241283-sstu-shadow-space-technologies-unlimited#t1:other-downloads

click on "other downloads" and you'll see all the available versions. Download the latest 1.1.3 version and be happy. 

Thanks for the advise but still it dosent work.... I have no idea why.... It says on every part non RO for some reason and the fuels for the engines are liquidfuel and oxidizer.

9 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

RSS IS DEAD!!!!

This comment is based on what evidence?

I choose to declare your comment as untrue and inflammatory  

as recently as a week ago @NathanKell indicated he was back from a holiday/trip and was restarting his work on RSS

I sent him money because I support his work and vision regarding KSP  

I suggest you might consider the same rather than trolling 

2 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

This comment is based on what evidence?

I choose to declare your comment as untrue and inflammatory  

as recently as a week ago @NathanKell indicated he was back from a holiday/trip and was restarting his work on RSS

I sent him money because I support his work and vision regarding KSP  

I suggest you might consider the same rather than trolling 

How did you send him money? I tried with the Donate button on this thread but it is not working.

Quick update: There was thought to be an issue with the current Kopernicus but that seems not to be the case, so I'll attempt to have RSS out ASAP. I've been talking with @stratochief66 and trying to get back up to speed and getting RO on the path to release thanks to the awesome work from so many of you all. :)

Special shoutout to @Phineas Freak too, who continues to be super awesome, but the same is true for you all. :)

Here is the current RO checklist; it's very sparse because I'm afraid I don't even know what's updated yet and what is not. https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/issues/1436

And finally, I'm really quite overwhelmed by the generosity of you folks. It's incredibly humbling and, frankly, a bit hard to wrap my head around.

Edited by NathanKell

v12.0 for KSP 1.2.2

* HUGE THANK YOU to everyone involved! I was away and I come back to...many great changes and a pretty much ready-to-release update!
* Recompile for KSP 1.2.2, include latest MM and Kopernicus.
* Sigma88: Remove an unneeded compatibility setting.
* Raidernick: Fix Earth SMA (fixes orbital shift over time with wrong period).
* SirKeplan: More reasonable timewarp limits on Phobos and Deimos.
* Kerbas-ad-astra: Ribbon support.
* ThreePounds: Fix some Chinese launch sites, add Wenchang.
* Kerbas-ad-astra: Add atmospheric composition to Pluto.
* Miki-g: Venus warp limits fixed.
* Kerbas-ad-astra: Support (with Custom Barn Kit) updating the stock DSN ranges.
* PhineasFreak: Rework RT patching for current RemoteTech.
* Leudaimon: Fix launch site orientations for all sites.