[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I have SSRSS installed, and i'm just reporting this odd bug on this thread because it's most likely the cause. when i decouple a stage, or bring a kerbal on eva, they fall twords the earth, in orbit. the pod stays in orbit just fine but anything else, even a docked vehicle that has been undocked, just 'falls" to the earth. but it's not like they stop all velocity, it acts as if they are burning twords the planet.

2 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

I have SSRSS installed, and i'm just reporting this odd bug on this thread because it's most likely the cause. when i decouple a stage, or bring a kerbal on eva, they fall twords the earth, in orbit. the pod stays in orbit just fine but anything else, even a docked vehicle that has been undocked, just 'falls" to the earth. but it's not like they stop all velocity, it acts as if they are burning twords the planet.

What other mods do you have installed? That seems really odd, considering I have RSS and many of the other realism overhaul mods installed and am not seeing anything like that.

welp, after looking for the source my guess was correct, it is SSRSS, ill take it to that thread. but wile trying to isolate the mod i accidentally created a 10% kerbol system, which was fun to mess around with for a wile, but yea, still broken.

i have problem with reentry will some one help me the heat shield temperature reaches 3000k when i hit 100k and then the heat pass to the part above it what the hell is wrong i do not understand 

and everything explodes 

and also i have problem with aerodynamic the very good plane design with a lot of lift it do not create lift it fly but very hard and as if something pushing it down. can finally some one help me 

as if no one wants to help me 

Edited by Ninadragonborn

22 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

i have problem with reentry will some one help me the heat shield temperature reaches 3000k when i hit 100k and then the heat pass to the part above it what the hell is wrong i do not understand 

and everything explodes 

and also i have problem with aerodynamic the very good plane design with a lot of lift it do not create lift it fly but very hard and as if something pushing it down. can finally some one help me 

as if no one wants to help me 

I think the classic helpful response would be for someone to ask you to post your mod list, craft files, and perhaps a few pics of the instances where you are having problems.  Then a suggestion for you to conduct a full reinstall of KSP and the mods you are using - while at them same time testing after each mod is installed to be sure it is not a specific mod that is causing your issue.  Currently no one  even knows what version of KSP you are using.

VERSION 1.2.2 

i am using a lot's of mod 

and 

at least tell me what could possibly cause this kind of problem 

if you want the full list of mod i am using i will try to list as much of them as i can 

but at least tell me what might cause heat to increase normally the heat most be below 2000k i think 

from orbital returning at least and 

i have reinstalled the game and all mods once but the problem is still exist if i at least know what might cause this i try to modify the thing that causing the problem 

could it be problem with physic setting of main game or the mod 

and also beside RSS i am not using any mod that have anything to do with game it self most of mod i use are rocket engines , parts , and plane parts nothing about game it self or it physics 

i can not play the because of this i can return from orbit 

i hope i can fix this 

16 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

VERSION 1.2.2 

i am using a lot's of mod 

and 

at least tell me what could possibly cause this kind of problem 

if you want the full list of mod i am using i will try to list as much of them as i can 

but at least tell me what might cause heat to increase normally the heat most be below 2000k i think 

from orbital returning at least and 

i have reinstalled the game and all mods once but the problem is still exist if i at least know what might cause this i try to modify the thing that causing the problem 

could it be problem with physic setting of main game or the mod 

and also beside RSS i am not using any mod that have anything to do with game it self most of mod i use are rocket engines , parts , and plane parts nothing about game it self or it physics 

i can not play the because of this i can return from orbit 

i hope i can fix this 

Either move the heating slider to 30% or so, or download the latest release of DeadlyReentry (currently only a dev release for 1.2.2).  

Edited by jdub3350
spelling

this is the list of mod i am using 

[x] science 

active ablation

airplane plus 

B9 aerospace part pack 

B9 aerospace props 

B9 animation modules 

B9 part switch 

BahamutoD animation modules

community category kit 

community resources pack 

community tech tree

contract Configurator 

Dmagic orbital science 

Eva parachutes & ejection seats 

Firespitter

Firespitter core 

Firespitter resources config 

fuel tanks plus 

fuel tanks plus Deprecated 

hanger extender 

hanger grid 

hide empty tech tree node 

interstellar fuel switch 

kerbal engineer redux 

kerbal joinet reinforcement 

kerbal research and development 

kerbal- konstructs 

kopernicus planetary system modifier 

kos for all 

kos: scriptable autopilot system 

laserdist 

mechjeb 2

modular fuel tanks 

modular rocket systems

modular flight integrator 

module manager 

plantshine 

planetshine - default configuration 

procedural parts- hazard tanks textures 

procedural parts- ven's revamp style textures 

raster prop monitor core 

real launch sites/real ksc in ksp 

real scale boosters 

smoke screen - extended fx plugin 

solver engine plugin 

soviet probe 

soviet rockets r7/proton/zenit rocket and more 

soviet spacecraft - soyuz progress vostok voskhod tks /va

space launch system 

texture replacer 

transfer window planner 

us probes pack 

us rockets 

USI life support 

USI tooles 

waypoint manager 

young tech tree plugin revived 

BD Armory 

near future propulsion 

near future solar 

near future spacecraft 

smurff 

cryoengines 

cryo tanks 

deployable  engines  

i hope i have listed all mods because that's really a lot of parts 

5 hours ago, jdub3350 said:

Either move the heating slider to 30% or so, or download the latest release of DeadlyReentry (currently only a dev release for 1.2.2).  

thanks but i want to know what is causing this i do not want to skip the problem i want it to be as close as possible to real life i do not want to skip problem 

i want to know what causing it 

Edited by Ninadragonborn

36 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

thanks but i want to know what is causing this i do not want to skip the problem i want it to be as close as possible to real life i do not want to skip problem 

i want to know what causing it 

The DeadlyReentry mod is the best simulation of real reentry heating as I understand it.   If I remember correctly, the way Kopernicus/RSS scales up the sizing of the planets, the atmospheres do not scale correctly to work with the stock heating model.  Others feel free to correct me on that last point.   

13 minutes ago, jdub3350 said:

The DeadlyReentry mod is the best simulation of real reentry heating as I understand it.   If I remember correctly, the way Kopernicus/RSS scales up the sizing of the planets, the atmospheres do not scale correctly to work with the stock heating model.  Others feel free to correct me on that last point.   

ok i try to install this mod i hope this fix things 

I have taken this picture a few minutes  ago 

i do not understand the heat passes trough heat shield and if it comes lower in atmosphere the heat shield reaches above 3300k and explodes

what is the cause of this

and i have tested this with both game and several mods part and the result were the same

so i really can not understand what is wrong   sntYta.png

I've been trying to get RSS and the Texture pack to work for a couple days now and its just not working.  I usually don't use mods, but even so i started from a clean install with its own folder, and i am only trying to use RSS and the RSS-Textures.  I can see it loading files on the splash screen but the mod doesn't actually do anything.  When i load the game its simply stock KSP.  I couldn't find a good download link so i've been using CKAN, but that program is total garbage and i've never had it work right. 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I'm not really sure where to go from here. 

1 hour ago, CalmLlama said:

I've been trying to get RSS and the Texture pack to work for a couple days now and its just not working.  I usually don't use mods, but even so i started from a clean install with its own folder, and i am only trying to use RSS and the RSS-Textures.  I can see it loading files on the splash screen but the mod doesn't actually do anything.  When i load the game its simply stock KSP.  I couldn't find a good download link so i've been using CKAN, but that program is total garbage and i've never had it work right. 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I'm not really sure where to go from here. 

Do you have the right versions of Kopernicus and ModuleManager installed?

I have a big problem, I dowsnloaded and installed the mod and the texture as asked at version 1.2.2 but it gets stuck at the black loading screen with Kerbin, Eve and Jool on the corner and no matter what I do or how many fresh installs I try it into it won't work, please help I would love to play this mod.

On 1/4/2017 at 2:47 PM, Observe said:

Next, I created 16k images. While not perfect, the detail is improved as would be expected:

channel_isl_16k.jpg

Personally, I think it would be worth having 16k images available for planet Earth at least. I'll likely continue working on this for my own use..

Whenever you get to a point where you think they are worth sharing, I would love to try out your 16K Earth textures.  :)