[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Well, it doesnt work for me... i dont get it :/

I installed latests versions of Kopernicus (1.3), 10x kerbol system (i also tried Kerbin 365 and 64K) and i still get Kerbin as main planet. Maybe i'm missing something?

But thank you for your answer

That's your problem right there!

If you install Kerbol then of course Kerbin is your main planet. Why would you think otherwise?  You can't install that AND RSS. It's one or the other. Don't install multiple planet packs.

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Well, it doesnt work for me... i dont get it :/

I installed latests versions of Kopernicus (1.3), 10x kerbol system (i also tried Kerbin 365 and 64K) and i still get Kerbin as main planet. Maybe i'm missing something?

But thank you for your answer

Post your output log AND a screenshot of you GameData folder

13 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

That's your problem right there!

If you install Kerbol then of course Kerbin is your main planet. Why would you think otherwise?  You can't install that AND RSS. It's one or the other. Don't install multiple planet packs.

OR, he just failed to download and install the RSS Textures, which is my guess.

57 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Post your output log AND a screenshot of you GameData folder

OR, he just failed to download and install the RSS Textures, which is my guess.

True, that's a common mistake and if he did the one then might not have done the other too

On 25/10/2013 at 6:50 AM, Camacha said:

That is a good question actually. Are the planets scaled to a 1m tall Kerbal scale?

What I also like about this mod is that part packs like NovaPunch actually feel like they belong in KSP (or RSP now maybe). Before they felt a bit pointless and out of place, now you will actually need them.

I would almost say it is about time for some realistic astronauts.

I try what you said and i'll send you feedback in few seconds

Ok so my problem is : where is the link to the zip file ?

Installation step 2 : Extract zip to KSP/GameData. You should have one dll (Module Manager) in the root of GameData, and two folders: Kopernicus and RealSolarSystem. However, you are NOT DONE YET. You need to install textures!

I've got Kpernicus & the texture pack, but not the RealSolarSystem folder...

This is the first time i'm not able to download & install a mod.

I think i'm missing something stupid...

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Ok so my problem is : where is the link to the zip file ?

I've got Kpernicus & the texture pack, but not the RealSolarSystem folder...

This is the first time i'm not able to download & install a mod.

I think i'm missing something stupid...

just have to scroll down on the OP

"Download Plugin (by clicking here I certify I have read, and will follow, the installation instructions above)"

On 25/10/2013 at 6:50 AM, Camacha said:

That is a good question actually. Are the planets scaled to a 1m tall Kerbal scale?

What I also like about this mod is that part packs like NovaPunch actually feel like they belong in KSP (or RSP now maybe). Before they felt a bit pointless and out of place, now you will actually need them.

I would almost say it is about time for some realistic astronauts.

It works.

Thank you

On 30.5.2017 at 8:20 AM, Galileo said:

Here is the patch for RSS to work in 1.3.  Just place it anywhere in your GameData folder.
DOWNLOAD

Ddoesnt work for me #2

Made a fresh clean KSP install. Copied RSS for 1.2.2 + textures + RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg into GameData folder and it's still Kerbin, Kerbol ...

GameData contains:

Kopernicus

ModularFlightIntegrator

RealSolarSystem

RSS-Textures

Squad

ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll

ModuleManagerLicense.md

RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg

Did i miss something? My old 1.2.2 install was working, but updating this install just leads to instant crashes. :(

46 minutes ago, Heady978 said:

Ddoesnt work for me #2

Made a fresh clean KSP install. Copied RSS for 1.2.2 + textures + RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg into GameData folder and it's still Kerbin, Kerbol ...

GameData contains:

Kopernicus

ModularFlightIntegrator

RealSolarSystem

RSS-Textures

Squad

ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll

ModuleManagerLicense.md

RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg

Did i miss something? My old 1.2.2 install was working, but updating this install just leads to instant crashes. :(

Can't help without logs man

@Heady978

you have to use --> Kopernikus Release 1.3.0-2  for KSP 1.3.0

also ModuleManager 2.8.0. and ModularFlightIntegrator contained in Kopernikus Release 1.3.0-2.

RSS-Textures

RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg

Use only the RealSolarSystem Folder contained in RealSolarSystem V12.0 for KSP 1.2.2.

Do not use Kopernikus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager 2.7.5 contained in RealSolarSystem v12.0 for KSP 1.2.2. They only work with KPS 1.2.2.

This should fix it. I hope.

13 minutes ago, 5UN6RAZ€R said:

@Heady978

also ModuleManager 2.8.0. and ModularFlightIntegrator contained in Kopernikus Release 1.3.0-2.

RSS-Textures

RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg

Use only the RealSolarSystem Folder contained in RealSolarSystem V12.0 for KSP 1.2.2.

Do not use Kopernikus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager 2.7.5 contained in RealSolarSystem v12.0 for KSP 1.2.2. They only work with KPS 1.2.2.

Good call. I didn't pay attention to the version numbers he posted.

Out of curiosity, is the code more similar between KSP 1.3 to 1.2, than 1.2 was to 1.13? I had a feeling that 1.2 did a lot of refactoring that required large changes to make RSS compatible, and if 1.3 didn't change much codewise compared to 1.2 then it would give me hope that official RSS support for 1.3 would be easier than the transition to 1.2.

3 hours ago, delta wee said:

Out of curiosity, is the code more similar between KSP 1.3 to 1.2, than 1.2 was to 1.13? I had a feeling that 1.2 did a lot of refactoring that required large changes to make RSS compatible, and if 1.3 didn't change much codewise compared to 1.2 then it would give me hope that official RSS support for 1.3 would be easier than the transition to 1.2.

I've recompiled a few things for 1.3 and there hasn't been much changed. Usually it was in some text retrieval fields which makes me think it was done in the course of coding the localization changes. But nothing significant, so far.

On 3.6.2017 at 9:12 AM, 5UN6RAZ€R said:

@Heady978

RSS-Textures

RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg

Tanks! Thats the fix! I did not get, that there was a new Kopernicus Release and just followed the order "Here is the patch for RSS to work in 1.3.  Just place it anywhere in your GameData folder."  So its not the whole truth. :wink:

Hi, I´ve been trying, countless times, to download Textures for Real Solar System from the texture repository and the 8192.zip file never manages to finish download, I even tried a download manager, which managed to get as far as 97% of the file but failed indicating user and password required.... :P

Any clues? Any other repository where I can get them. I downloaded the lowest res so far and managed to finish the download but I would like to try the highest res.

UPDATE: I finally managed to download it. Starting a new download in Free Download Manager and inserting my credentials to GitHub (don´t know if this was a factor). Otherwise couldn't download it, either using CKAN or even direct browser download. 

Edited by Jaeleth

I'm using all 1.3 compatible dependencies and still got one tiny issue - with bigger consequences:

Earth is still named Kerbin, and all references are broken.

I just started the game and sit in the SPC, the log is spammed with:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv7kcoq50sawbzl/2017-06-11-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

18 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I'm using all 1.3 compatible dependencies and still got one tiny issue - with bigger consequences:

Earth is still named Kerbin, and all references are broken.

I just started the game and sit in the SPC, the log is spammed with:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv7kcoq50sawbzl/2017-06-11-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

RSS is not compatible with 1.3.

that Null is for City lights btw. Which has nothing to do with RSS, but perhaps a visual mod?

Anyway, I made a patch bringin RSS up to speed with 1.3. Just have to read one page back.

My patch does not fix visual mods, just merely make RSS work. It's up to the visual mod maker to update their work. If you are using RSSVE, I have posted a patch on that thread as well.

Edited by Galileo

People say that a single .cfg file provided on the RSS thread makes it compatible as long as 1.3 Kopernicus and 1.3 ModularFlightIntegrator are installed.

Also EVE is named to be be 1.3 compatible.

So I gave it a try and it works, for me Earth is named Earth, but special routines from mods internally see "Kerbin", like EVE.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

People say that a single .cfg file provided on the RSS thread makes it compatible as long as 1.3 Kopernicus and 1.3 ModularFlightIntegrator are installed.

Also EVE is named to be be 1.3 compatible.

So I gave it a try and it works, for me Earth is named Earth, but special routines from mods internally see "Kerbin", like EVE.

Yes? That's because of the changes in kopernicus. The old way to rename planets is depreciated in favor of displayName. So instead of renaming Kerbin to Earth, kopernicus will now just change the names in the GUI. Internally the game will still see it as Kerbin

You can still use cbNameLater to change the name like before if you really want to. 

Edited by Galileo

I already checked the files and came to a similar conclusion...

The RSS 1.3 patch .cfg just does

@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		!cbNameLater = Earth
		@Properties
		{
			%displayName = Earth
		}
	}

so removing the

!cbNameLater = Earth

should do the job ...

Also, the visual mods don't work because you will need to change all instances of the name "Earth" to "Kerbin" if you use my path. 

@Phineas Freak how relevant is my patch now that kopernicus more or less rolled back its changes to work with the old way cfgs were written? I haven't tested anything in a while

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I already checked the files and came to a similar conclusion...

The RSS 1.3 patch .cfg just does

@Kopernicus:AFTER[RealSolarSystem]
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		!cbNameLater = Earth
		@Properties
		{
			%displayName = Earth
		}
	}

so removing the

!cbNameLater = Earth

should do the job ...

Yeah that will change the name back to earth in the GUI. When I wrote this patch, cbNameLater wasn't functioning correctly in Kopernicus. Like a day later Kopernicus got an update that fixed it I think. Just leave the displayName in there .

Edited by Galileo

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah that will change the name back to earth in the GUI

In the GUI it already was "Earth", but internally it was "Kerbin", like the tries of EVE ...

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

you will need to change all instances of the name "Earth" to "Kerbin"

I give it a try. Mass replacing, I got backups.

Just now, Gordon Dry said:

but internally it was "Kerbin"

There are three "layers" of naming: currently the patch only modifies the "first" (GUI name) one. The cbNameLater will modify the "second" (semi - internal name ID) one so that everything will work as before.

I can confirm that the cbNameLater is both working and required by RSS to operate as expected.