[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

The dll doesn’t do anything at the moment. It needs, at a minimum, a recompile. Its a date and time formatter if I remember correctly. It’s been so long since it worked. 

Rule of thumb for RSS, considering it’s seldom updated, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Especially if you don’t know what something does. You are better off leaving it alone. RSS is a house of cards at the moment, so set up your last card and walk away slowly. Moving, removing, delete it or adding anything could break it. Keep that in mind.

Edited by Galileo

hey so ive been playing a lot of rss ro lately (nice mod by the way) and i was wondering if i want all the planets to be 4k except for earth,moon,venus and mars would i just delete their textures and replace it with the 8k textures 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, Jim123 said:

hey so ive been playing a lot of rss ro lately (nice mod by the way) and i was wondering if i want all the planets to be 4k except for earth,moon,venus and mars would i just delete their textures and replace it with the 8k textures 

That should work.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, Abpilot said:

UMm I’ve checked with RO if it has a 1.3.1 compatibility but is RSS 1.3.1 compatible

You would've known if you checked the last 2-3 pages of this thread. It is if you use this patch:

I don't know if this is a known issue or unknown issue.

Trying to set up a base on the permanent termination boundary of Mercury at its Northern pole.

As a approach the pole the sun splits into two, one Sun that shines and the other that is an yellow disk. As I get closer to the north pole the shining sun never crosses the horizon (stays many degrees below the horizon) the unshining crosses the horizon for about 1/3rd of a year of Mercury but does not illuminate the solar panels or anything else. I understand that mercuries axial tilt is 1 to 5' (alot of uncertainty) so there should be places high on mercuries surface that always have sun.

For all interested in KSCSwitcher to use multiple launch sites I have recompiled it to KSP1.3.1

https://github.com/zajc3w/KSCSwitcher/releases/tag/0.7b

install like any other mod

RSS recompile for KSP1.3.1 is HERE!!!

Tested quickly for loading, warp speeds and launching from different sites.

@Galileo I've included your patch in zips, hope you don't mind. send me PM if you want it removed.

https://github.com/zajc3w/RealSolarSystem/releases

unzip in KSP main folder, RealSolarSystem folder  must land in GameData folder

install latest Kopernicus and it's dependencies using your favourite method. 

All credit goes to original patch/mod authors, I'm just mere VisualStudio "Build" button clicker :wink:

can do 1.3 recompiles if needed, both "should" work in KSP1.3 and KSP1.3.1

Edited by ZAJC3W

20 hours ago, ZAJC3W said:

For all interested in KSCSwitcher to use multiple launch sites I have recompiled it to KSP1.3.1

Oh, that's great. Thank you! :)

Now convince the CKAN guys and gals to package it :wink:

Hi all, 

I just downloaded this mod again for 1.3.1 and I'm attempting to solve the low resolution in low orbit. 

Essentially - I want to move the zone where we go to scaled space out to 200000.  

Currently, I have the 8k textures installed, and I have RSSVE as well.  In the RealSolarSystem.cfg file, the only lines present are Time Warp limits.  Nothing else is in the file. 

In the RSSVE GLobal Config file, I have changed the references to Fade Start and ENd for PQS and Scaled Space from 1**** to 2******, essentially doubling the limit.    I can now get the detailed textures further out - however - the oceans are also textured/tiled now as well as the land itself still lacks definite boundaries, the tiles are drawn on the low resolution of the low resolution of 8k textures close up.  

Is there a way to get the definition you have at 30k, to remain until 200k...IE...not go to a flat or scaled model, but to keep rendering the planet as if you're at 10 or 30k.   FPS is no object, I just want to know what values to manipulate, as my attempts thus far have only affected tiled textures and not the actual borders of land/sea or the definition of the continents or islands.  

I know this may not be possible, but it must be a matter of some value manipulation.  Surely there's a way... I love this mod, but I can't abide being in low earth orbit and being confused as to where I'm passing because it's so blurry....

Galileo -  Oh man, thanks!  

I have been reading that a few folks have endeavored to create 16/34k textures for the SS, but I only saw them mention working on it, and don't think they've released them.  I believe the post said they were changing them all by hand.  Amazing.  I may see about that myself.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to see what is possible with the render engine at this point. lol.

2 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

This is my first time trying to use RSS, but it doesn't work. The game doesn't crash. I've got the patch installed. It just doesn't show up. Kerbol system is unchanged. What could be the issue?

On 18.10.2017 at 2:02 PM, JohnMcLane said:

Install manuelly, with ckan there is often trouble:

RSS
RSS Textures just one of them
RSS Fix for 1.3

+ Latest Kopernicus , MM, MFI
it works

For my 1.3.0 i used:

Clone/Download Master from RSS
New Textures for RSS
and a new .dll for RSS

+Kopernicus, MM, MFI

that works fine for me too

7 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

Install manuelly, with ckan there is often trouble:

RSS
RSS Textures
just one of them
RSS Fix for 1.3

+ Latest Kopernicus , MM, MFI
it works

For my 1.3.0 i used:

Clone/Download Master from RSS
New Textures for RSS
and a new .dll for RSS

+Kopernicus, MM, MFI

that works fine for me too

I have the same problem that lajoswinkler has and I installed all the necessary mods and it still doesn't work for me.

(off-note: I am new to formatting on this site so please forgive my lack of knowing how this quoting system works)

Thanks, but that solution is like the infamous "have you tried turning it off and on again?"...

Everything said in the quote already exists in the downloaded folder. Just to be sure, I've redownloaded everything separately even earlier this day. Nothing changed.

5 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

Thanks, but that solution is like the infamous "have you tried turning it off and on again?"...

Everything said in the quote already exists in the downloaded folder. Just to be sure, I've redownloaded everything separately even earlier this day. Nothing changed.

Ive found out the problem for me atleast. Try to download the most recent Kopernicus mod https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.1-3 and put both folders in the zip file in the GameData folder. The Kopernicus mod that comes with RSS is outdated and will not work. This worked for me and I wish you luck for it to work for you as well.