[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

5 hours ago, DubWidmer said:

Ive found out the problem for me atleast. Try to download the most recent Kopernicus mod https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.1-3 and put both folders in the zip file in the GameData folder. The Kopernicus mod that comes with RSS is outdated and will not work. This worked for me and I wish you luck for it to work for you as well.

Like my Quote says: latest Kopernicus :wink:

12 hours ago, DubWidmer said:

Ive found out the problem for me atleast. Try to download the most recent Kopernicus mod https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.1-3 and put both folders in the zip file in the GameData folder. The Kopernicus mod that comes with RSS is outdated and will not work. This worked for me and I wish you luck for it to work for you as well.

Must be something else. KSP doesn't read compressed files, as far as I know...

And I do have the latest Kopernicus. Everything is fresh as it can be...

On 12/4/2017 at 10:36 AM, phoneix_007 said:

Is it possible to add ground scatter? I really miss it because it makes terrain less bland.

As I understand it, that was tried but it produced unacceptable lag. I have no idea why it would in RSS but not in vanilla, but it did.

I would also love to see the problem revisited when RSS development resumes.

31 minutes ago, Jim123 said:

does anyone have a fix to the runway in rss i cant make any shuttles or planes my planes go bouncing off the runway 

That hasn't to do anything with RSS. it was a stock thingy, the runway was devided into section earlier, but it has been patched in Ksp 1.3. 

21 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

Use KerbalKonstruct and Kerbinside, there you can construct your own flat! (and normale sized or huge) runway next to the bumpy standard one.

Thanks for bringing those to my attention (I didn't know they had been continued/updated), but it brings to mind something that has been bothering me for a while:

Is there any mod that will allow me to simply double the size of the buildings in KSC? When building real scale launchers for RSS, well, they look pretty funny sitting on top of the toy stock pad...

Here's a weird one. I'm running RSS/RO/RP-0 in 1.2.2 with just minimal required mods installed via ckan, on a Win8 x64 i5 laptop with a not-exactly-slow-as-molasses processor, and utilize the -force-opengl routine. Other than some serious lag at rocket launch unless I zoom out a good distance, I've not had a hint of a problem. Until I updated my Intel graphics driver the other day.

Basically, Earth lost its texture. Just a pale blue ball with no features. All the biomes were there, and below 100km it almost looked normal (but dark, as if it was night time all the time), and everything still functioned perfectly including all the groundstations, altitude above terrain, etc. But on the main home screen at game start, and once above 100km in game, the earth goes all pale blue and barren.

I reinstalled just RSS, thinking maybe some config got overwritten with the driver update, but no dice. Had to rollback the driver, and everything is now as it should be.

I'm not real knowledgeable about graphics processing, but has anyone else seen this? I've never had an issue with a driver update before, so I'm kind of at a loss, considering "update your drivers" is typically the first thing recommended for graphic display issues. Any help/suggestions are appreciated! 

EDIT: Hmm, I was mistaken. Apparently, rolling back the driver did NOT help, although I played for hours last night after the rollback and it was fine. Load the game just now, however, and the pale blue featureless earth is back.

So now, I actually do have a problem and not just a curiosity. Where do I start to diagnose the issue?

EDIT 2: I just saw a mention of the "featureless sphere" issue a few pages back (pg 304, I believe). I haven't had a chance to look into that, but I should not that I don't have RSSVE installed. Although I am now suspecting that opengl is the culprit somehow.

My output.txt log is viewable here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tNT2JSUKFJh15VDkUqJJNHFb8N_ANV4T

Edited by cymrych79

3 hours ago, Mandella said:

Thanks for bringing those to my attention (I didn't know they had been continued/updated), but it brings to mind something that has been bothering me for a while:

Is there any mod that will allow me to simply double the size of the buildings in KSC? When building real scale launchers for RSS, well, they look pretty funny sitting on top of the toy stock pad...

With Kerbal Konstruct you can place a new Launchpad and resize it. In the VAB (via the KK button) you can than change the default launchpad and your rockets will start from there.

If you want more than the standard runways, Buildings and launchpads:

Kerbal Konstruct Slopey Glidey

Cape Canaveral

There you find a selection of Konstructs to use, for example a nice looking real Cape Canaveral, i woulkd guess that has the right size.  If you looking for the real thing

Edited by JohnMcLane

Quick update. I've tracked my "featureless sphere" earth on the game's title page, in Tracking Station, and in the game proper to something outside of the KSP environment. Ran a test by opening my stand-alone RP-0 Dev installation, which also had previously been running just fine and also used the -force-opengl and -popupwindow tags. Turns out, it had the same new issue with the featureless sphere as well. 

As I see it, this is either an issue in the graphics of my computer (like the driver rollback not thoroughly removing the new driver) or something in my computer's usage of opengl. 

The good news, if I open without the opengl tag, I get a normal earth again. The somewhat annoying news, I've lost the full-screened window mode, which, on a laptop, is pretty damn important in terms of being able to see everything I want during flights. I haven't had a chance yet to test to see if my gameplay is any worse without the opengl tag, but fingers crossed.

So, this is NOT an RSS issue. But if any of the gurus out there have any suggestions about what I might have broke, or things I could try to get the full-screen windowed mode back without losing the textures of the earth, I'm all ears.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

hey guys - quick question for you all - is there any current solution to the bumpy runway issue? if there's not, would you mind sharing your tips or low tech workarounds to this matter? many thanks!!!!

Using KerbalKonstruct and KerbinSide and construct a bigger and bump free runway next to it. Works like a charme for me!

Does anyone know why Saturn is doing this? There's a moire pattern and no shadow on the rings. This is on a clean install with just RSS/RO and their dependencies. I've tried changed the anti-aliasing and resolution but it doesn't do anything.

NVM figured it out

Edited by brooklyn666

Just want to know if anyone has issues with manouver nodes?

When I try to get an intercept with Mars from Earth the closest I can get is about 67M km then the approach nodes disappear.

It may well be something particular to my setup, just trying to eliminate the possibility that I pull out what little hair I have left trying to resolve a known bug.

Otherwise I will have to uninstall everything then incrementally reinstall (45 mods, a slow process)

KSP 1.3.1

RSS 13.0.0

Kopernicus 1.3.1-3

Plus heaps of other stuff

Hi all. I finally got my 1.2.2 setup (almost) up and running but I'm having 2 problems. The first is with RSSVE. It has these forcefield/halo looking things that I can't figure out how to fix. I'm pretty certain it's RSSVE because when I take it out and leave just EVE and scatterer, it doesn't happen.

The second is with ampyear and fusebox (I don't have both installed at the same time). I can't get either to recognize power generation except from 2 of the RTGs, the "SNAP 19 RTG" and the "Multi-Hundred Watt RTG". None of the solar panels, fuel cells, or the other RTGs are recognized. They all generate power, but the mods don't recognize it. Both work fine in a non-RO test install.

I'm using Mac High Sierra 10.13.2 and here are logs

11 minutes ago, brooklyn666 said:

Hi all. I finally got my 1.2.2 setup (almost) up and running but I'm having 2 problems. The first is with RSSVE. It has these forcefield/halo looking things that I can't figure out how to fix. I'm pretty certain it's RSSVE because when I take it out and leave just EVE and scatterer, it doesn't happen.

The second is with ampyear and fusebox (I don't have both installed at the same time). I can't get either to recognize power generation except from 2 of the RTGs, the "SNAP 19 RTG" and the "Multi-Hundred Watt RTG". None of the solar panels, fuel cells, or the other RTGs are recognized. They all generate power, but the mods don't recognize it. Both work fine in a non-RO test install.

I'm using Mac High Sierra 10.13.2 and here are logs

There is a bug with scatterer that causes this on Macs. You can try toggling the alternate SQRT option in the main menu scatterer window, but according to many users, this option does not work on the 1.2.2 version. 

40 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There is a bug with scatterer that causes this on Macs. You can try toggling the alternate SQRT option in the main menu scatterer window, but according to many users, this option does not work on the 1.2.2 version. 

Thanks for the tip. It didn't end up working so I guess I'll try RSSVE-Lite and hope that works. Any ideas about the fusebox or ampyear problem?

3 minutes ago, brooklyn666 said:

Is there another mod you use/know of for power management?

I’m sure there is, BUT I haven’t been able to actually play the game in a really long time. I just make mods and never really play.

I'm trying to figure out what parts to use for a Venus lander. Tracking station says AGL atmospheric pressure is 107.6 atm or just shy of 10800 kpa - this is far in excess of the max pressure for most parts.

What are others doing to overcome this? My guess is that I'll need to create a whole set of high pressure (probably heavy) parts just to use for Venus, but I imagine others have already solved this. Any advice would be appreciated!