[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

If you're playing SSRSS and want Earth days to be 24 hours, try the following and see if it works.  Just copy and paste to a .cfg file and place it inside your GameData folder.

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			@dayLengthMultiplier = 1
		}
	}
}

Does this affect the physical characteristics of the planet - i.e. does it spin actually spin slower meaning the benefits of an Eastward launch are actually reduced?

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Does this affect the physical characteristics of the planet - i.e. does it spin actually spin slower meaning the benefits of an Eastward launch are actually reduced?

Yes, the planet actually spins slower.  You'll lose quite a bit of the benefit of an eastward launch.

(edit)

Alternatively, if you want the actual rotation period to remain 8 hours, but you want a 24-hour clock, then just don't install Kronometer.

Edited by OhioBob

Hi,

About two years ago I tried to give the RSS Custom Asteroids config an overhaul, and got most of the way through it when @NathanKell told me that RSS was about to drop Custom Asteroids support in favor of the Kopernicus asteroid system. It appears that this hasn't happened, and modern RSS still uses the old config.

Can someone from the KSP-RO group please give me an update on the status and plans for Custom Asteroids vs. Kopernicus asteroids support? Would I annoy people if I made a pull request to update/modernize the config file?

Edited by Starstrider42

who want now to play RSS in KSP 1.3.1 with Custom Asteroids ( +- real like )

1 - delete  Path-to-your\KSP\GameData\RealSolarSystem\Compatibility\CustomAsteroids.cfg

2 - delete all cfg files in Path-to-your\KSP\GameData\CustomAsteroids\config\

3 - download and copy RSS-CustomAsteroids.cfg to Path-to-your\KSP\GameData\CustomAsteroids\config\

4 - download Custom Asteroids Settings.cfg and overwrite Path-to-your\KSP\GameData\CustomAsteroids\Custom Asteroids Settings.cfg

5 - say thanks to @Starstrider42  @NathanKell & RSS revelopers team ...  ( : and maybe also me : )

Does anyone here use ampyear or fusebox? I can't get either to recognize solar panels. Fusesbox recognizes some RTGs but not all and no fuel cells, and ampyear recognizes fuel cells but not RTGs. The parts are properly generating power, but the mods don't show any power producing parts either in the VAB or in flight. Ampyear also replaces probe cores, avionics, and command pods built-in electric charge with "reserve power" as a separate resource that can't be used. I'm using 1.2.2 on Macos High Sierra. Log Here.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:58 PM, SSSPutnik said:

Really interested in getting this working for 1.3.1 (Especially with Scatterer).

I installed RSS+SMURFF+RSSVE on 1.3.1 over the weekend using the test dll that's available on github. It seems fairly stable, though obviously an unsupported configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! :)

Can anyone help me? I have a problem with RSS about this

V41etgD.jpg

This is mods which I have

2jSfCXk.png

EDIT: I give up and back to great 1.2.2. I see that I have to wait longer for updates to the new version. :c

Edited by Chelios

On 12/23/2014 at 9:55 PM, NathanKell said:

Felbourn: Trigger Au has a working prototype to show the Gregorian date ingame. For now, the game starts (sorry Goozeman) in 1951 (it *used* to be 1950, but 1950 = 1 was confusing and harder to do math with quickly, so 1951 = 1 now :) ).

To convert a KSP-date into UT it's very simple: (Year*365 + day) * 86400 + hour * 2600 + minute * 60 + second. (KSP uses 365-day years and 86400 second days only).

Is this still accurate? I'm looking to use KSPTOT to do trajectory analysis for an interscholastic competition and want to make sure that I'm converting in-game time to IRL time properly (additionally, I'm concerned that the way KSP handles time may have changed in the past 3 years).

On 5.2.2018 at 9:44 PM, Hunony said:

i want a new version of RSS but i dont know if the dev will release it so im just asking

You could download the master branch: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem [via green button] and merge the gamedata folder with your gamedata folder.

+ the textures https://github.com/pap1723/ScaledRSS-Textures/releases

+ kopernicus and dependencies and MM

Edited by JohnMcLane
wrong link

47 minutes ago, Hunony said:

i did all u said but my game keeps crashing :P

Post logs. See my signature. There is a button there that says “how to get support” click that and gather the required troubleshooting files and share them here. My guess is that you are not launching the x64 version of KSP, but I can’t know for certain until you give us more info.

Edited by Galileo

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Post logs. See my signature. There is a button there that says “how to get support” click that and gather the required troubleshooting files and share them here. My guess is that you are not launching the x64 version of KSP, but I can’t know for certain until you give us more info.

i use the x64 version and never used the other version and here is the crash error log:

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=error.log

Edited by Hunony

16 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

The current master branch of RSS is not compatible with the old RSS Textures pack, since it also includes Vesta, Ceres and the major moons of Uranus. You have to download the ScaledRSS-Textures pack by @pap1723 and replace the old texture pack.

Where would pap's texture pack be at?  I'm having the same issue as Hunony.

NVM, found here:  https://github.com/pap1723/ScaledRSS-Textures/releases

Will test and report back.

RSS with master branch works with pap's scaled 4096 texture pack.  Thank you!!

Edited by deafmetal

I just tested out the latest release of the RO Development build. Almost everything seems to be working well, but, for whatever reason, the oceans are not appearing at all in standard ship view. They show up in the map view, but are absent in normal view. I'm using the very latest release of Kopernicus, Scaled RSS-Textures 8192 pack, the RSS master, and TextureReplacerReplaced.

Here's my output log. Let me know if there's any other information I can provide which would be useful. Thanks for your help.

17 minutes ago, Clockwork13 said:

i want to try copying one of my saves to an install of KSP that has RSS

That will create an issue as your crafts are orbiting bodies with different names. You will need to edit the persistent save file. This may cause them to lose any science. Not only that, but you KSC will also likely be reverted to level 1. There are a lot more issues than this and most you can’t avoid. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but moving from a stock career to any planet pack, especially one that replaces the entire stock system is certainly not recommended. It’s far more complicated than just loading a save