[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Going by this reasoning, we don't need timewarp at all. Really, it was good enough for Orbiter, it's good enough for KSP.

Orbiter has time warp.

But I agree. This is the smallest issue I think. Current time warp option in game should be enough.

Edited by Reddragon

Yes there seems to be a bug with moon appearing smaller on map view. I had my moonrocket suddenly crash to ground when the moon just appeared before me.

Orley died a hero, but seems strange.

Appears that moon just teleports from 250km to 70km , like in this picture.

Silhuette can still be seen.

G2CvDmt.jpg

That's from 98 km.

Orbiter has time warp.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant that if high timewarp is good enough for Orbiter (it does have timewarp levels higher than KSP, and they even work in atmo/under thrust), it's good enough for us. Current max timewarp is too weak even for normal KSP. Ideally, another plugin would change that, since a normal user could also benefit from additional timewarp levels.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Nathan for this AMAZING mod. I've been dreaming of something like this since day one. And now it's so overwhelming to just manage to get to LKO that I screamed with joy at my successful attempt (with custom made Saturn V-like rocket). Mind you, you now really need to put some mind-blowing amounts of fuel ahahah. KW, NovaPunch, and ModularFuel are a must, now.

regarding timewarp discussion. I dont think you need timewarp so much, especially once you start doing more than one mission at once. You just make your burn and then switch to another ongoing mission, and manage that one. And so on. time passes by as you manage different missions at once, and you eventually will spend the time needed for the long missions, giving you a realistic feel of persistence and time lapse. So basically, while that ship is coasting to Mun, you launch a satellite, during the travel window.

Can't wait to see the other planets updated too. Dont particularly like to see Kerbin so far out the cluster of planes. Makes me feel alien to it ahahaha.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant that if high timewarp is good enough for Orbiter (it does have timewarp levels higher than KSP, and they even work in atmo/under thrust), it's good enough for us. Current max timewarp is too weak even for normal KSP. Ideally, another plugin would change that, since a normal user could also benefit from additional timewarp levels.

Yes, sorry I misunderstood. I didn't remember how fast time warp was in Orbiter. I didn't spend much in that game. It's quite difficult. Didn't dynamic warp have an option of fastering game time more than 10 000x? Haven't used it lately but you're right a plugin should be able to handle that easily.

Also, I too support the option for moving KSC to 28d or 46d lattitude (although in the latter case, you'd have to launch to 51.6 ^_^)

I think we can leave it for now as a "day 2" item. Speaking of which, I guess we need to start using a bug tracker to keep all these things in one place.

How do I make that gallery show up in my post by the way?

You open your picture in a new tab but only the picture by right clicking on it. In the reply tab here press 'Insert image' and copy the URL of the browser tab whre your picture is.

Edited by Reddragon

You open your picture in a new tab but only the picture by right clicking on it. In the reply tab here press 'Insert image' and copy the URL of the browser tab whre your picture is.

Thats not what I meant, I meant the full gallery, like in here

I understand. I think you have to create an album on imgur and insert the end of the URL between these two lines:[*IMGUR]URL(after 'http://imgur.com/a/')[*/IMGUR]

(without the '*' characters)

Make a try for it.

Edited by Reddragon

I understand. I think you have to create an album on imgur and insert the end of the URL between these two lines:[*IMGUR]URL(after 'http://imgur.com/a/')[*/IMGUR]

(without the '*' characters)

Make a try for it.

Thanks, that worked ^^

So the scaled space fix of Mun clearly didn't work. I'll revert to the old one.

Regarding Minmus, I originally had it even farther out but was encountering issues (which turned out to be unrelated) so I'll put it back farther out. I agree about the "one perceived moon" thing.

asmi: yup. I'll set up the bug tracker on github.

Stupid question: how do I get stretchy tanks to play nicely with MFS? I installed stretchy tanks and then installed the patch in your signature. Is that the link for your MFS fixes or is it just textures and the SRB? Stretchy tanks have the bad default behaviour right now and I don't get the MFS dialogue for them.

e: ok I found a "StretchyTanks_modularFuelTanks.cfg" hidden in the stretchytanks zip file, but I have no idea where to put it or what to do with it... I dropped it into the parts folder where the other CFGs are and to no effect. Do I have to change some filenames or delete other cfg files? Somebody who knows really has to do a writeup on this.

Edited by pina_coladas

Stupid question: how do I get stretchy tanks to play nicely with MFS? I installed stretchy tanks and then installed the patch in your signature. Is that the link for your MFS fixes or is it just textures and the SRB? Stretchy tanks have the bad default behaviour right now and I don't get the MFS dialogue for them.

You need modular fuel continued. It's also maintained by Nathan.

Oh stupid me the cfg went into the modular fuels folder. Reloading everything in the debug menu didn't work so I had to restart KSP (this confused me a bit). I really should have posted this in the modular fuel continued thread I guess... How about including the stretchy tanks config in the official release of modular fuels Nathan?

Its still a bit hard to build something like a Saturn V with about 3000tons take-off weight :P

With stock parts, almost impossible. Rebalancing parts can help. I think to best option is to mess around with engines' ISP.

pina_coladas, please repost that on the MFS thread and we'll talk about it all there.

v2.1 hotfix

*Went back to scaling Mun's scaledspace transform for now

*Fixed Mun's inclination to avg vs. Earth's equator (since we can't tilt Kerbin's rot axis, we tilt what orbits it)